1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch This Planet Arkadia Triathlon Winners!

Discussion in 'Company Events' started by Cyrus, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I've spent some time chatting with both MA and Starfinder from Entropialife. After some time of tallying the missing globals, we finally got down to solving the issue.

Fluske did get 88 globals before midnight, but he didn't extract them before midnight when the event ended, therefore, the mining claims registered as "decayed" after the deadline in MA's system. That is to say, during the last moments of the events, Fluske dropped lots of bombs to get globals but didn't excavate them out in time.

As per the rules of the Planet Arkadia Triathlon, the 88 globals will count. I have asked MA to recheck the top ten winners so there might be a change in placings (which I will update tomorrow).

I have decided that the random prize winners will remain the same and they will not be redrawn again.

Kudos to Starfinder for taking the time to showing me how EL works so I could rationalize the accuracy of the data collected which in turn made it possible for our counterpart at MindArk to re-look the system generating the report for this instance (event). I appreciate the assistance from both of them.

It proves that with a gatekeeper (Entropia Life) in place, there can be added accuracy in times of doubt and improvement to services rendered by the different parties. So I'd like to beseech all those who haven't used the Entropia Life Client yet to download it now for your own as well as the community's benefits.

Last but not least, congratulations to dutch fluske mooren for getting the top spot for this competition. Great work!

• Like Like x 2
  2. MiniMe

MiniMe New Member

Gratz to the winners. To bad i did not have more time to play. But yey a random price :p

3. fluske

fluske Member

great work cyrus,

im impressed with the fast responses and communication,this is support at work at its best ,thx :)

4. CrazyBuck

CrazyBuck New Member

The right gender on 2nd place armor for me anyway ;) big up for good handling by Cyrus of this little slip by MA...

Congratulations to fluske and all the other winners!

5. fluske

fluske Member

thx chuck,

i was indeed wondering if you rather had female harness or male arms :)

but your reaction speaks of true sportmansship,youre a standup guy in my book :)

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Wow, I did not expect to be in the top 10 after hearing the top winners had 60+ points. A huge thanks to Cyrus for the fast sleuthing and fixing, and for the insight into how MA counts mining globals (I guess it means towers wouldn't be counted either?)

Gratz to all the winners... you put a huge amount of blood, sweat and tears (not to mention peds) and I hope you all had as much fun as I did.

7. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Twenty points for using "beseech" in a sentence. Great work all around, Cyrus. Much credit due.

8. Boardian Chilix

Boardian Chilix Active Member Pro Users

gratz to the winners, and thanxs cyrus for the fast response :)

9. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

As promised, I've updated the original post with the latest scoreboard.

Fortunately, there was no change in placings/rankings although there were some changes in points.

A friendly reminder to the random prize winners, please do shoot me a private message on the forum and arrange a time to meetup in-game to collect the prizes.

For the top 10 prizes, MA officials will spawn them to your avatars.

Congratulations once again to all winners!

10. fluske

fluske Member

such an close finish,it really boiled down to the last hour,it was nervewrecking

thx cyrus :)

11. Uncle Mo

Uncle Mo Active Member

Sincere grats to all the winners! I look forward to Arkadia growing and events that attract these types of players will do just that. Good stuff.

12. JamesDunning

JamesDunning New Member

You are really good in Triathlon, i think you really worked hard it surprising for me. congrats your hard work is showing good results for you, and greetings for the winners.

13. allison

allison New User

So just like everything else in this game, this event was based on the amount of money a player had to dump into it since it was based on globals? I'm getting real tired of this game's 'deposit to win' attitude with its events and everything else! I am a newer player (less than 2 years active) and i see VERY little point in trying to advance, the ubers in this game are either ppl that have been playing for years or ppl that deposit more than i spent on my house! The econemy is dictated by them, and without throwing away thousands of hours and tens-of-thousands of dollars there is almost no chance of a profit! i have been keeping track and i have to lose 1000 ped or more between each global no matter what i try, just to have that global only cover about 1/10th of my losses! I can count on one hand how many HoFs i have and i have lost THOUSANDS of dollars playing this game (as eco as posible)! All this and i have NEVER seen a single event sponsored by any planet or MA that is set up fair, he who has the most to throw away, wins! this is why i left Caly, just to findout this planet is all the same crap... pay to win :(

14. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Firstly, necro much?
    Secondly, if you check the win list you'll see that not everyone on there is uber or a big spender.

If your description of your experiences is accurate than I can only conclude you are doing it wrong. Perhaps its time to sit back and review how you play. Globalling doesnt matter, Hoffing doesnt matter when it comes to profit, though swirlies are always nice. There are smart ways to hunt and mine and craft and not so smart ways. You don't need to spend big or grind for hours and hours to break even or profit. That doesn't mean it's easy. But it's not impossible.

15. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Thanks for highlighting this KJ.

I'm getting a little tired of all the necroposting lately, most especially by people just wanting to "boost" post numbers. There are PLENTY of active threads and discussions you can post in legitimately in order to get your post count up. There is also a rule against Necroposting....one that hasn't been getting much in the way of enforcement. Also remember that the new Forum Rules Enforcement Policy came into effect on the 13th of May and is NOW being used. You have been repeatedly warned people so whining and complaining when you cop an infraction will fall on deaf ears....

For the sake of new people (and others that are too slack to go look) I'll quote it here:

16. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Does it count as a necro if you reply to a necro post?

Anyways, to answer Allison's complaint/question, as KikkiJikki said, not all winners were rich ubers. I was able to get one of the prizes. I think I probably lost about 300 ped participating, which IMO was worth it for the fun of a different type of event. Now if I had continued to try and get 100 mining globals, then yes, I probably would have lost a significant amount since the only way to rack up mining globals is to use very large (and expensive) amps. The mining system was changed just before this event took place (something the Ark devs couldn't have known about), resulting in a dramatic decrease in global frequency, and the limiting factor of this event being the requirement to use (and the guts to risk using) level 12 or 13 amps. This event wasn't so much about money as having well-rounded skills... I was shocked how many "uber" hunters/crafters couldn't participate because they weren't skilled enough to use big mining amps. I guess the well-rounded player is less common than I thought. I thought it was a good event, though I will admit that not too many could seriously participate, but that gave people like me, (non-rich non-uber jack of all trades) a chance to (for once!) get a prize out of an event.

The mining global rate is still pathetic by pre-january standards, by the way. So if this event were run today it would likely be the same thing over again.

17. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Yes....:p

• Like Like x 1