1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch This Planet Arkadia Trading Cards - Alpha Core Edition

Discussion in 'About Planet Arkadia' started by Dylan | Arkadia, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Grizgal

Grizgal Active Member

Thanks for posting this!

2. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

Very interesting stuff.
    Is it possible to collect them and miss all opurtunities to trade them and be stuck with nothing even if you paid/looted 10k peds of cards.
    Also next update is around 9 of December right.

3. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Cards (Alpha Core being first series) will be around for a season. Once the season is finished, trade for prizes type promotions will finish (a new season will begin). At that time the cards are a collectible and you will be given an opportunity to complete your set (details to come later on how). Much of the events around the cards will be focused on who can get the collections first, although as Dylan pointed out, we'll also have mini events where a recipe of cards might win a prize.

The size in game is the same as the Treasure maps, so they do look great when placed on a coffee table etc.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Thanks May. I think I would buy a plushie as a toy for when I get my next kittens.

I used to play a lot of Magic so I am fine with the trading card idea. But I guess it will come down to how it works. Its one thing to get a reward if you complete the set but what about for non sets? Given the balance between rares and commons, chances are you are going to have a bunch of commons and such filling storage. *Casts eye over boxes full of dna components*. Will I have a use for cards if I don't score one of those ultra rare cards?

Edit - I see Dave has answered some of my questions.

• Welcome! Welcome! x 1
  5. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

Finally someone is going to do some merchandise! I've been saying for years that this would be a great way to create an additional revenue stream as well as improve the game economy if there is some kind of link. I hope Arkadia can make this a success and demonstrate to MA and the other planet partners what a good idea it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. DarkSam

DarkSam New Member

and .. ill be there some tables for playing that " might and magic " cards ?

7. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Just one question: when did we plan the intervention for Sally again?

• Like Like x 1
  8. McCormick

McCormick Active Member

9. Dan59

Dan59 Active Member

What i think about them ?
    At first i thinked same thing as for mission trophyes and figurines with no purpose.
    But now i read here that they are items to obtain by grinding, trading and gambling ( to try to excange some of them for missing one )
    I know im not good at trading and gambling.
    So what shud i think?

10. Berentain

Berentain Member

the idea is great but how do we obtain these cards? (hunting/mining/crafting?)
    also, what determine the rare? ( if hunting: any mob can drop rare? or 3k+ hp mobs? or each mob per card?)

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. KikkiJikki

Earlier reply from one of the Devs is that they will drop from all 3 activities. No info yet on how they will be distributed across mobs and activities.

12. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. McCormick

McCormick Active Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Soon On that note I am not aware of the straight jacket been an item in game - although RT has a prison facility .

15. Cajhmere

Cajhmere Member

I really like the Collecting Cards thingy... I collect eeeverythinggg in mmorpg's, useful or not - now it makes sense for me to collect! ;)

About the greyish cards... You can't do that!

Please take a black room with one light source, walls black (no reflection), floor black glass (reflection) and put in the items in real 3D on that floor... Than you'll have cool mob & item cards.

Additionally... The white names need a black, soften second layer in the background and I would prefer one fontsize...

Sorry, I was designer in the past but I promise to shut my mouth now! :D

The other cards looks perfect for me...

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  16. May

May Active Member

But you're good at grinding, right? No need to go trading to collect them.
    Selling the ones you looted should in any case be a better deal than looting shrapnel? :biggrin2:

17. KikkiJikki

I looked but I couldn't see an ultra rare KikkiJikki card. Is that gonna be in the next set?

• Like Like x 1
  18. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

All questions about how this works aside, I'm really hyped up about this, I know I'm going to get hooked on these just like Steam cards... and I'm perfectly ok with that X3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. wournos

wournos Active Member

Sounds fun and I hope that the rarer cards are not only coming from high level mobs/mining/crafting. Like someone in the chat log said: I'm not that skilled yet. :blackeye:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cajhmere

Cajhmere Member

Hey wournos!

Skilled or not, rare cards from higher lvl mobs or not - there will be players addicted to complete the set. What does that mean?

Maybe ther's a pool for each season, maybe not. Thinking in closed circles, ther's

5* cards
    3** cards
    3*** cards
    5**** cards
    4***** cards
    3****** cards

Means: Maybe you get two of the *** cards out of 3 every time. Maybe most other players have same luck. Then the last *** card could be more rare and have higher MU than a (planned) rare ****** at last. Thin theory, but I would not rate u being a low player not havin' the chance to participate from the system. ;)