1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planet Arkadia: A Year In Review

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by isclay, Aug 17, 2012.

1. isclay

isclay Active Member

Normandie Radio is honored to sit down with David Dobson for an in-depth discussion about Arkadia's spectacular first year! As we all know, many changes, additions and improvements have been implemented over the past year and Arkadia Studios is to be commended for their hard work and diligence. No doubt Dave will have much to say about Arkadia’s progress to date, but in this interview we are going back to the beginning.

From Conception and Launch to Treasure Hunting and Instances…We are going to get the FULL story.

Saturday August 25[SUP]th[/SUP]

1600 MA Time

Normandie Radio HQ ~ Sanctuary Cove ~ Building 5 Level 3

Listen Live: www.normandieradio.co.uk
    External Media Players: http://euro3.neostreams.info:8024

[HR][/HR]
    This interview will be less of a Q&A session and more of a friendly get-together. Please feel free to submit any topics you would like discussed during the interview or any ideas you may have and we will do our best to incorporate them. Our discussions with Dave will be recorded and posted to this forum.

2. Mel_bosshart

Mel_bosshart Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Cant wait its going to be a good one ,,,, :)

3. KillerDawg

KillerDawg Active Member Pro Users

Looking forward to this, should be interesting.
    Thank you Mr. Dobson for taking the time to communicate with your customers the way you have since the beginning, and thank you Normandie Radio for making the effort to give to the community. You guys and gals to a real service to the player base.

4. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I think doing a different interview like this may change the out look of radio journalism in games from a simple regurgitation of questions of reptative nature off the forums to be more on the lines of the more indepth interviews in the real world.

Gonna be real interesting to hear his perspective on what it was like as a Planet Partner going thru all the stages to get to where Arkadia is now and see where his views for the future may be headed.

5. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Hey Dave... what's the most disgusting new food you've tried in Sing? Did you barf, or grin and bear it?

6. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

i would like to know if there has been an increase in new player retention with all the new things we've gotten. Be nice to even be informed of like a monthly average percentage of activity. I think lately we mostly go by auction pages.

7. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

That's because that's the only metric players have access to. :p :)

8. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

Ummm, Dave?
    Cyrus STILL hasn't fixed the sign on my bar....

Tippin'

9. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

*refer to August 15th interview* ;)

David said it will not be renamed.

10. Mel_bosshart

Mel_bosshart Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

but he did say he will find you another bar on ark to name after you Aj

11. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

I know...I just heard it.

NEVER GIVE UP!
    :p

...Although he did say something about making one for me?
    Prolly in the middle of the ocean.
    :D

Oh yea, regarding the Ring bug, it happens in the Thing area too - they look totally realated. It just happenes to random avas, and only some see as well. It's an odd one, but if it help the team narrow it down, cool.

Tippin'

12. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Come visit AJ's SAND bar!

13. RexDameon

I say make it a like dive bar real dark for like the smugglers and make it a pvp zone with an event terminal so you can do bar fights. We used to have that on Calypso was one of those things i suggested and they actually put in and i was amazed. Was fun doing fight events at the bar.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Swim-up bars are the best!

15. isclay

isclay Active Member

16. Cyborg Bill

I see your bump and raise you a bump and a :coffee: since it is so early

17. RexDameon

I hope you guys move the date for this interview for after the VU. I think we are going to have some questions after the VU and it be nice to get them answered during the interview.

18. Cyborg Bill

That would rely entirely on Davids schedule. Im pretty sure at this point after the time to get it ready and finalized, and now with the delay he is pretty wiped out from the stress of all this. The interview was meant to focus on the past year with the new VU being a part of it but not the main focus. We all want to know more about the VU pre and post but I think people will find hearing after thoughts and opinions of where Arkadia stands in the Developers eyes also very interesting.

The reason for the change in the interview IMO is that David and the A Team are so much on top of what happens here and so active in answering questions without being interviewd that the post question and have them answer format it is kind of a redundant proceedure here. MA and Planet Calypso developers need to have this format as they simply suck in how they deal with their public and its concerns.

Like you said tho we all have questions and will have even more once VU is out and I am sure some will be asked or commented on during the interview. The intent of this interview was to give David room to shine and be proud of his accomplishments and experiences over the first year of running an active Planet within Entropia.

I think he and the A Team have earned that right dont you all.

19. isclay

isclay Active Member

Thanks Rex and Thanks Bill for your comments. David has asked that the interview proceed on it's current schedule.

20. cute781217

cute781217 Active Member Pro Users

Looking forward to it :cool: