1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plagiarism

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by Kiddoo, May 30, 2015.

1. Kiddoo

Kiddoo Deactivated User

Some of you may noticed, some of you may not, but during the last one or two weeks, I barely posted anything new on the forum and also closed my blog, and the reason for this was that I was left with a really bad taste in my mouth seeing the following thing.

Here's the post that I made on Arkadia forum: http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/arguments-to-help-you-get-a-healing-job.12253/

Here's my text, copied word by word, without any reference to the original thread/author, on a "famous EU blog" which was on for years: http://entropia-universe-mmorpg.blogspot.ro/2015/05/how-to-start-as-healer-in-entropia.html

(in case the author will remove/edit the post from the blog after seeing this thread, here's a link to Google cache version, as well as the print screens with it at it looked today, at the moment I made this post:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And while, indeed, somehow it made me feel proud of myself since, as they say “plagiarism is the sincerest form of flattery”, I was still left with a bad taste in my mouth seeing how much some people lack basic ethic and moral values. If he would have asked me to let him use my content, I would have probably agreed; heck, I wouldn't even have minded if he would have posted it without my consent, but at least linking to the original thread. But, instead, he chosen to just post it as his, which really disappointed me, up to the point where I'll doubt I'll ever waste my own time and try to post anything like that again, just so it will be sold the very same day.

Of course, sending comment to said blog and asking for thread to be removed, didn't resulted in said action, neither in any answer.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    Last edited: May 30, 2015
  2. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

This guy goes by Wand AxeMurderer Silva in-game. I recommend that you try contacting him through the game. I've sent him a few messages but so far he hasn't replied. If you still don't get any response, perhaps you may want to try raising it up on the Planet Calypso Forums. Plagiarism is a pretty serious issue.

Another option is to report the plagiarism through Blogger's copyright infringement form (https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_dmca?&product=blogger). If they find the claim to be substantiated, they'll help to take down the offending post directly.

Last edited: May 30, 2015
  3. San

San Well-Known Member

Hm, indeed there is no mention of the source, no proper credit. I had a good opinion of this guy so far and have consulted some of his guides previously, but of course I don't know him personally and how he compiles his writings. Last time I stumbled across the name was here. It would be disappointing having to learn something negative about a person who seems to enjoy a good standing in the community. Hopefully this can be resolved peacefully before you have to take to stronger measures.

4. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Oh, I've seen several of my articles written on a Brazillian gaming forum spreaded all over internet without source recognition, we have a saying here in Brazil that translates like "on internet nothing is created, all is copied", ofc in portuguese we have the rhyme :D
    Anyway, don't bother try get things straight, but be proud of you started to plant seed of knowledge.

5. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

That post in Axemurder's blog is now gone. I got to post a comment before it disappeared though :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1