1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Payment options

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by swaith, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Sorry, but I just have to say excuse me? I do hope all of that was intended as a joke.

2. swaith

swaith Member

no it was intended as a joke :D lol but in fairness i know of a couple of games where its all natural selection as far as some scams go, wouldnt work to tell here as we are all trying to work together!

3. Dale011

Dale011 New Member

It's not that, it's they don't want to pay the $1 charge to receive a direct deposit. They are not the first game company to have that problem.If you use the PayPal debit card there is no $1 charge and Mindark is fine with that. You get to pay the credit card charge instead costs mindark nothing then.

4. swaith

swaith Member

does the paypall card invoke the standard charge to us though? its irritating he gets a charge for accepting card payments :D

5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk Member

I said it was the reason provided by MindArk, I have no idea how true it is :p

Tbh I don't really care, as I don't use PayPal (Ukash being very easy and quick to use) ^^ heh

6. red

red Member

this is not exactly true. it is much too easy for a buyer to do a paypal chargeback. for example, a payment can be made for merchandise. a little later (after it's been shipped), the buyer does a chargeback and the credit card is reported stolen. the vendors (there are usually several targeted) lose the dispute end up paying all associated transactions fees. the buyer also claims his paypal account was "hacked".

I know, as this happened to me through ebay. paypal wouldn't accept my registered delivery showing the goods were received because of the "stolen" card - even though they were the ones who accepted it - not me.

so, I can understand that some companies won't have anything to do with paypal. I won't anymore, unless the buyer has previously made a transaction through another means; so I that have a valid transaction record and verified shipping address.

7. swaith

swaith Member

and yet the other systems for payment arent exactly infalable, there is no reason somone cant get your payment card and use its inferior protection in just the same way, as for a dispute on stolen cards its easy enough to disprove a theif happened to guess your security details which need to match to make a transaction. though i appreciate a stolen account. not being funny though whats stopping them doing it for one of the other numerous payment options there? no i dont believe it effects one and not the others

8. Dale011

Dale011 New Member

Ukash is not currently available in the USA so that helps nothing. ^^heh