1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Password renewal

Discussion in 'Forum Support' started by Starburst, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Starburst

Starburst Member

Is there any way to keep the forum from requiring a new password every 30 days? I'm sure this is recommended and more secure, but it also requires me to remember a new password all the time, and most sites do not require it they only list it as an option.

2. narfi

narfi Active Member Pro Users

it hasnt required me to use a new password and i have been a member of the forum for a few years now

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I don't get prompted to change my password either.

4. Starburst

Starburst Member

It is possible then that the reason was because I had established the account a month ago or so, and was just then trying to use it. Therefore the account sat idle for 30 days. There is a notice that says that due to spammers they require you to post at least 3 times before your account becomes established. I could be wrong, but that seems to make sense. I will just have to see if it asks me again later. Thanks for your repiles.

5. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

If it does happen again Starburst, can you take screenshots and post them as well? So far I've been unable to reproduce this issue.