1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Partial armor sets-what protection do you have

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Ryloth, Aug 14, 2014.

1. Ryloth

Ryloth Member

How does protection work when you mix pieces of armor? I'm suspecting this answer might have to do with something along the lines that each hit to your avatar has a percentage chance to hit each particular piece of armor; think 30% for your chest and 5% for gloves or some such, for a total of 100% equaling a hit on your body.

Now then, each piece you wear can offer different protections but how much each is used is variable, based on when it is hit. Since most cases I read of are people optimizing armor for particular creatures then it just makes the most sense to wear the same armor for the full set, of whichever armor is the best.

Is this the right idea then? A

lso, do most players wear full sets, or do some mix it up? I can imagine if one pvp'ed on a budget they might just have the best pieces of different mixes they could afford or the like.

Thanks!

2. nutrageti

nutrageti Member

Yes, each attack hits a different armor piece, harness>arms>thighs>head>shins>feet>gloves is the order of frequency as far as I can tell.

You just need to see what type of damage the mob does.

So if it's the classic cut stab impact you can happily mix shogun, paladin, knight, vigilante, gremlin with same plates and the results will be only mildly different, depending on % of each type of dmg (if it 50% impact and 25% rest, vigilante for example might mean you get more damage as it's 7 impact 14 cut stab but if it's 33% cut stab imp then it doesn't matter as vigilante, gremlin have 35 cut stab imp total while shogun has 30, knight 36 and paladin 33.5 if I remember correctly :)

Having a full set is good more for special types of damage or for aesthetically reasons..that said I still have around 31 full armor sets :D

3. MXC

MXC Member

The attacks aren't diluted across all the different armor parts, it's like what nutrageti said, each attack hits a specific part of the body.

I think when you see people mixing up armor, it's mostly because they're just missing pieces of armor or that particular piece is just too expensive or rare, or just unavailable. Sometimes it's just for aesthetics.

4. Ryloth

Ryloth Member

Gotcha, thanks for the quick feedback! Armor works by each hit being deflected by only one piece of armor on your body per hit. In a way that makes more sense; if you were really shot in the chest, your footwear isn't doing you a bit of good.

Much appreciated!

5. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Oh, and to awnser what protection I have;

Basic mobs : Adj Harrier (with 5b plates almost the same, but slightly cheaper to use than the Viceroy) My evade and hp has gotten to a point I don't need armor for some low creatures.
    A little bit higher than basic mobs : Viceroy with 5b's if the damage isn't higher than ~30-35
    Low end medium mobs : If the damage is ~30-35+ with viceroy+5b's I switch to jarhead, but the cost to use is almost the same. However if I feel the need for it I can add plates.
    Medium mobs : Jarhead +5b's. If the damage is over ~40 with that setup, it's too high for me to hunt. (like riptor stalkers)

Other mobs : I can get Cetus for Madana's, and Rutuba's for Navi and Longu (max hp's/stalkers), and some other setups with (L) armors only. (details are on another pc)

After Jarhead I am not sure if I want to jump directly to DKoA armor, or see if there's a nice unl one between jarhead and DKoA I can use first.