1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outraged By that scam artist. Not My Pesident.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Orpheus Clay Blades, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Orpheus Clay Blades

Orpheus Clay Blades Member

My solution is to cash out this game isn't much fun with these devs pumping every pec out of me.

2. DaughterOfAnarchy

DaughterOfAnarchy Active Member

I didn't told you to pay more or quit the game; there's always a third option. You can choose to just adapt, like I would do myself too - I use the TP a lot too nowadays, if it will become a paid thing, I will definitely adapt to this and only use it when it makes economically sense (like teleporting on the other side of the map), otherwise I would just tp / fly / run there. You can also do just the same.

Like it or not, teleporting/fast travel is a commodity/luxury, not something you can't live without, and as Ulf said in that MA support ticket replay, it is taxed in most other games, so it actually does make sense to be taxed in ours too (especially considering that 75% of the money will return to players in forms of jobs wages). You really can't compare it with a subscription fee.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  3. MachnBird Sparo

MachnBird Sparo New Member

ND is not a president since there was no election.. their was one person.. ergo no choice.. and no vote.. that said.. EU would do well to have regular elections..
    i would certainly like the TP system tweeked.. but an outright toll.. bad idea..
    ..AND WHY 4 YEARS... THIS IS NOT AN AMERICAN PRESIDENT.. OR US REPRESENTATIVE.. 1 YEAR.. NEW ELECTION!

4. Santul Rosca

Santul Rosca New Member

Frankly i think charging for teleports is the stupidest idea ive heard in my life. It would cause thousands of players to quit entropia universe, less activity on calypso and a crashing game that they may not be able to salvage. The donkey is saying he expects something like 1 billion teleports by 2020, that is the stupidest thing ive ever heard. Talk about being optimistic. This guy is an immature donkey and he will cause disaster to mindark if they follow his "vision".

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dougal D

Dougal D New Member

So if it becomes a business to play a game, do we have to declare it with the tax offices, and pay tax on any money withdrawn?

6. San

San Well-Known Member

This part I can almost subscribe to -- superficially. But it's missing a few points. The game costs money to design and operate, and the business(es) involved in doing just that we agreed to pay by becoming a customer. Like you say, I have no interest in supporting whoever decides that some simulated clicking job in a simulated world is better than doing something for real. So far we're on the same page, it seems.

However, two angles are missing in this picture: First, there are already in-game businesses which you cannot avoid paying unless you restrict your range of gameplay. Most prominent are the motherships, then there are crafters who heavily invested in their specialization so they are unmatched, and you cannot ignore them unless you can live without their produce.

Second, the outlook of more and more jobs made obsolete by automation and for other reasons is very real. Telling people to "just go get a job" is getting increasingly cynical where opportunities dwindle. We are lacking some imagination as to how this problem can be addressed with VR (certainly not by sweating alone), so I am curious and willing to at least hear ND out on what his ideas are.

Meh. If you hold a resource which is scarce and in demand, then you will seek the best possible price for it. No business survives giving stuff to the lowest bidder. The current offer is out of my means, so I badmouth the whole project? I don't want to pay monkeys, but I want that nice house for peanuts? I call this hypocritical.

Here is a well-known anecdote: http://www.snopes.com/humor/jokes/donkey.asp
    While here we don't expect to be cheated with a dead donkey, that raffling something off can be more effective than outright selling is nothing new in the West. You just have to decide for yourself if it's worth the ticket fee if you lose. Or wait for the resale and hope the first owner will take a loss.

7. slither

slither Active Member

If they see that you're not already doing this you'll be getting a call from the taxman lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. San

San Well-Known Member

Umm, the absence of a fixed monthly fee made me choose Entropia over EVE back then. If I was required to pay just for logging in and having a chat with the old buddies, that would be quits for me. The idea keeps coming back like a bad penny though.

9. Orpheus Clay Blades

Actually not out of my price range as when I played I deposited $80 to $500 dollars a month. On the automation of jobs? Guess what that makes new jobs, well skilled work like operators, mechanics, programmers, and it goes on and on. Now on the apartments I would not call them scarce or in demand as they physically exist in game already. So basically my point is there is a growing trend of questionable ethics in this game.

10. Orpheus Clay Blades

Market manipulation is a deliberate attempt to interfere with the free and fair operation of the market and create artificial, false or misleading appearances with respect to the price of, or market for, a security, commodity or currency.

Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to when a seller spikes the prices of goods, services or commodities to a level much higher than is considered reasonable or fair, and is considered exploitative, potentially to an unethical extent.

Both are illegal in America.

11. San

San Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  12. Dibbler

Dibbler Member

Does anyone take all this President/election stuff seriously? (except for ND ofc).

PP's should shout up some, lot of disgruntled people in game atm and all this ND announcement stuff really not helping any.

13. OZtwo

OZtwo Active Member

With all that has been going on the last few days one item that many have been over looked is Compets. If all was to work as planned Compets would have been in the last days of beta right now. I'm starting to think this is all another MA stunt to get us to move from EU to Compets -- in an odd way. Yes of course the timing is off and compets still isn't here. What if ND didn't read the email telling him to hold off until the beta was released?

Is MA playing us here? Are they wanting to close down EU and move to Compets?

14. wournos

wournos Active Member

Here I thought the president thing was just some lame attempt to draw interest to EU. I forgot about it, and now there's an actual president with questionable ideas.

Introducing TP fees is just wrong and will hurt everyone who doesn't deposit or deposits very little. Every PEC counts, right?
    Introducing jobs could be a good thing to do but I do not agree that it should come with mandatory game time.
    As for the comments about subscription fee... Me: cash out and leave.

Why not have a forum similarly structured to community.simtropolis.com/ where they have sub forums for SimCity 4 and City Skylines? Every planet under one roof. One section could then be dedicated to this president ... thing. No need for multiple accounts.

15. BloodSmoke

BloodSmoke New Member

I think monetizing TP's would be good but not the ones that already exist, they should remain free. If you could craft and set TP's and charge people to use them. that would be great

• Creative Creative x 1
  16. McCormick

McCormick Active Member

HAIL NEVERDIE !

You want to know why others havent done it ?

Because "other presidents" are already aware about how "working together with MindArk" will usually end. You are not.

ND is a puppet of MA. Shame on you comparing him to an "honest" guy that is willed to pay 1000$ to do...what exactly ?
    Gain a title and not getting payed for the 1st 4 years ? Not gaining any extra rights ? How stupid do you think this community is ?

For sure there are some dumb idiots, but even those wouldnt want to spend 1000$ for...nothing in return.

You think another player would suddenly gain "extra rights" by paying 1000$ to MindArk ?
    Hell, some despoit 1000$ every weekend...but they play with the money "to have fun" and dont throw it straight at MindArk to get...nothing in return at all.

Like those matthew guy on PCF. "ooohhh, ND traveled to mobile world congress and you didnt". pfffft

He traveled there with the MindArk bosses. This is a MA thing. This is not democracy. This vote was no vote. There is no president.
    The Teleport-fee is a MA thing covered behind this presidential bullshit.
    And you stand behind your president ? Holy shit, you make my face turn red because I feel ashamed of what you are writing.
    ND is charismatic and he blinded the community well over the past years. Wake up. Play the game and dont make a clown out of yourself supporting these PR stunts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

p.s.

Feel free to have a look at this forum vote. Ohhhh, ND went to the mobile world congress and Mercury not...
    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/poll.php?pollid=152915&do=showresults

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Dibbler

Dibbler Member

Splitters!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. McCormick

McCormick Active Member

The idea is already there...you can always visit us at :

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/forum/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. San

San Well-Known Member

No need for multiple countries in the world either, except... for having the choice to emigrate when the government gets too obnoxious. You may not feel the need until you actually experience it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. McCormick

McCormick Active Member

Government and/or religion.

Multiple countries = multiple cultures. I love exploring other cultures. :'D

But I know exactly what you are trying to say there.

• Welcome! Welcome! x 1