1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Otorugi

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by Jenny ferr, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

New thread being maintained by May, can be found here:
    Otorugi

Description:

Though quite large, the Otorugi appears to not have many natural defences against larger predators.
    Its strength and speed allows it to escape many predators while allowing it to hunt for itself.

It seems to like the taste of new colonists.

Creature Type:
    Animal

Damage Type:
    Impact
    Cut
    Stab
    % Still under investigation

Statistical data:
    Otorugi

IFN Challenge:
    View attachment 5846

Maturities:
    Young
    Mature
    Old
    Provider
    Guardian
    Dominant
    Alpha
    Old Alpha
    Prowler
    Stalker

For loots please use any of these sources and please help to keep them updated and correct.
    Entropedia.info
    EP wiki

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2015
  2. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

Damage test

I did some initial tests on these, but it needs more work.

First tried Goblin+6a against a Guardian (I think).
    6a didn't decay, so no Burn or Penetration.
    Goblin decayed 0.822 which is 12 damage absorbed, so that's Impact and no Acid

With Gremlin+6b a Dominant his me for 12.4 damage.
    6b decayed 0.294 which is 5 absorbed, so that's the Impact and therefore there is no Electric.
    Gremlin decayed 3.164 which is 35 absorbed.
    So it looks like Gremlin is using the full Impact, Cut and Stab protection, and there is no Cold. Other protection types already ruled out.
    There must have been a minimum of 15 Impact (31.7%), 11 Stab (23.2%), 9 Cut (19.0%) from 47.4 total.

With unplated Goblin a Young hit me for 20.7.
    Goblin decayed 0.822 which is 12 absorbed, i.e. the maximum Impact protection.
    So that's a minimum of 12 Impact (36.7%) from a 32.7 hit

I was hoping the Goblin test would isolate the Impact damage but to do that I need to get less than 12 damage absorbed, and 32.7 is already near the minimum hit (28.5 according to verified info on Entropedia) so this will be hard to do and may not help anyway.

So for now I would say Impact/Cut/Stab is confirmed but I can't say what the proportions are at the moment. It should be quite easy to isolate the Impact using Polaris against a Young, but my Polaris is on Calypso so I wasn't able to do this today. If we can work out the Impact first it will then be easier to work out the others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.