1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hunting Oro attack range

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Jenny ferr, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

ok tonight/this morning I did some preparations for my 12k mission on Oro same way I done Merp & Daikiba back at that old horrible place Calypso ;)

But I found some things I don't see how they fit in really* and would like some slight adjustments to Oro's attack range based on my findings... (check below screens for this)

As you can see on this screen I cant hit the mob while it hits me perfectly fine
    View attachment 2673

And here is three other pictures on level ground so I can accurately show you the distance of it's attack
    View attachment 2676 View attachment 2675 View attachment 2674

I went out and got a screenshot of 10m as accurately as I could, and then I measured my own height from that screenshot which showed I am 172cm tall so in other words I'm not so tiny as everyone claims it's you who are all monsters :p

And now I knew my height so I went out and checked the height of Oro young standing next to me and it's 145cm tall, I also checked it at it's attack and it's weapon made it reach 152cm in attack mode.

Now to the odd thing, I can't hit it with my EnKnuckles-A that have a range of 3m as seen in the first screenshot above, but the mob hits me fine at over 3m away, and this is a mob which only have one weapon on it's head not dual like Halix who seems to spit some acid on you as well as use it's claws.

PS. if you need I have the screens I got my data from just didn't see any point in posting them too, but if you need it let me know and I do it. (this was all done before bedtime so might be completely wrong due to sleepy brain, so if it is don't kill me)

*I checked the knife here at Ark that have 3.6m range and that can hit the Oro, so I guess that's why the range is what it is

2. Blood Rebel Templar

Blood Rebel Templar Member

Nice work, i am on stage 4 of the IFN mission and also like the Oro hides. Information like this is always good to know, and watch the youngs, they are more chippy.

3. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Your out boxing the Oro Stalkers right? :)

4. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

Does seems the attack range is a little off. Nice work on getting all the info.

-Bemo-

5. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hey at least it aint like the merp of old being able to hit you while running away and they werent even within view distance of the cameras. I find many mobs in game have had extended "Reach" for a long time..you dont really notice it that much until you use melee to fight with as you show.