1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oratan Prospector

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by May, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

There was a single maturity spawn (iirc Oratan Slasher Bandit was the mob in question) for the event held last year to win the starter packs. There have also been single maturity spawns on Calypso in the past for a number of events (e.g. Eomon, Argonaut Scouts) and there's a big spawn of Foul that's all Young.

So there does appear to be some mechanism to do it. Maybe the Arkadia team thought that having pure spawns of only one maturity made it too easy, or maybe they preferred to have some crossover to encourage teamwork. I'd be inclined to agree with that thinking, though I haven't been on Arkadia to see any of these new spawns yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. AdeW

AdeW Active Member

Yes, better - thanks

3. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Here is my list, feel free to add to the topic, there's a couple missing but I'll leave that as homework:
    Map:
    [​IMG]

Overall I dont really see this as a solution, this may spread out players more, but over time Thug's are still gonna max out the spawn caps, plus its still a game of dodge the overly agro thugs.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

I stand corrected. Don't remember the Bandits, but Youngs aren't really difficult (well 99.99% is pure enough), doable even on LAs, it's the middle miaturities that I've never seen alone in a spawn.

5. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Having hunted now its just as bad as I called, since everyone is killing the Bandits the spawns are all Thug, and even when you do find a Bandit you have 50 Thugs agro on you before you can even touch it. If there arent split maturity spawns in the mini patch I think I'm done with Arkadia for awhile, staying for the most stressful and time consuming daily in the game is not worth it.

6. wournos

wournos Active Member

I had no issues yesterday hunting bandits. Might be a different story this weekend when I start the next bandit missions.
    BESIDES, these missions shouldn't be easy. I'm not in the military but I can't imagine you climb any ranks by dilly-dallying in a forest for a few hours. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

yes, you do. :banana::cowboy:

8. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

Where did u find a good spawn for bandits ?

9. littleswampymonster

Looted a Headshot I (L) from oratan prospector thug

• Like Like x 1
    • Gratz! Gratz! x 1
  10. T79x

T79x Adviser Arkadia Adviser

looted from Oratan prospector Looter

minigun.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Gratz! Gratz! x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  11. May

May Active Member

Thanks very much everyone for sharing all the information: the OP has been updated. [​IMG]
    (Though the WPs and scans are not finished yet.)

Gratz to all the hunters who looted an item off the Prospectors. [​IMG]
    Very nice, they seem to drop quite a variety. Let's hope it doesn't dry up a few days after the VU. [​IMG]

12. wournos

wournos Active Member

I went to my usual spot Implacable. It had a reasonable amount of bandits but I can't tell if they returned as a different maturity because I only had 30 to kill and I usually go dry at 50 (earlier VU). Also, It wasn't until the last 10 that I saw at least 4 incoming green dots so I have no idea what happened after I was done. :cool:

13. littleswampymonster

thanks for the info, i finally found a good spot near kestrell diggsite fo rbandits

• Like Like x 1
  14. AdeW

AdeW Active Member

This is turning out to be a royal pain!

Spent an hour and a bit looking for Thieves at Victorious - actually got 66 - pretty good I thought at the time. Not the best, but ok.

Then had to break off.

Came back to no more Thieves.

So spent the next 90 mins tooling around Implacable, Repulse, then back to Victorious and around again twice more looking for more Thieves - actually got another 24 in that 90 mins.

Finally gave up after finding just one Thief on my last visit to Victorious, needing just 10 to complete the mission but now out of time.

Loads of Thugs, Bandits, Vandals Looters even Menaces but Thieves....?

This puts the whole mission in a completely different light. It means you have to take a lot more time, or split it over a number of days, so the 30 days of Thieves is realistically going to be 60 days elapsed taking all my in-game time - so I have to question the value of doing the mission.

I have with luck an hour a day in-game, sometimes a little more. To have to devote all my time to not-complete a daily mission makes that mission untenable.

Shame

15. sinkillerj

sinkillerj Active Member

Found a couple items today on them, Headshot I (L) and Scott & Barlow BP-2 (L).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Things the quest resets now at 21 hours, not 24.

17. littleswampymonster

Just looted a Scott & Barlow LP-3 (L)

perfect gun for an A101! I wonder what eco is

• Like Like x 1
    • Gratz! Gratz! x 1
  18. AdeW

AdeW Active Member

Update on today's Thievery....

In-game from ~11.00 to 12.40

2 @ Kestrel - gave up here after 10 mins
    42 @ Victorious - need to circle the spawn a few times to wait for regens then the spawn ran dry for Thieves - about 30 mins here
    14 @ Implacable - took a couple of circuits to get these - spent 15 mins then spawn ran dry for Thieves (well, didn't wait to see if more came)
    42 @ Victorious - again circled a few times for the single regens but a good distribution and didn't have to wait long to find more thieves - around 40 mins here this time.

Today's location for Thieves is Victorious (but it is dynamic!).

Still think these spawns need better balancing.

19. May

May Active Member

Gratz and thanks for sharing the new gun drop: it's been added to the Loot list. [​IMG]

20. AdeW

AdeW Active Member

Thief Update:

Good at Victorious - 43 till dry spawn (no regens whilst I was there) after two circuits of the spawn
    Utter shite at Kestrel - 5 found, no regens gave up again
    Good at Implacable - 52 and still re-gen'ing but you need to run the full length and back a few times

Time taken around 80 mins

• Like Like x 1