1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oratan Miner Spawn Trigger

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by KikkiJikki, Jun 23, 2013.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I've done the first oratan mission, focusing on oratan miners (youngs to mature). I found the trigger to respawn unreliable and it was quite frustrating. Not sure if this is a bug, feature, or failure on my part. To spawn the miners I would:
    - run into the mine entrance as far as the cart and then run out again; or
    - run into the mine entrance as far as the cart and jump up and down a few times; or
    - run into the mine entrance as far as the cart and move from side to side a few times.

I found that generally after a couple of spawns, it stopped working and I had to move to another mine. Other people I spoke to reported the same issue while others had some days when the mob spawn function would repeatedly work. Yesterday I teamed up with another player in case the spawn was limited per avatar but that didnt appear to have any real impact.

Only 7 miners spawn each time and its a pain to kill only a few and then have to move on. Mission was a lot more hassle than I would have liked.

I'd really like to get some dev feedback on how they think things should be working.

2. quint

quint Member

Subscribing, struggling with the same issue...

3. ruskea

ruskea Member

well it works for me.. run to the cart then run outside following the tracks until they spawn.. only sometimes lag doesnt spawn them right away.. so dunno whats the problem.. works for me everytime

4. Svarog

Svarog Member

Weird, for me it always triggers right after I reach the cart.

5. LLinW

LLinW New Member

I also didnt had any problems soo far. I run to cart wait 2 sec then is some sound and sec later i see red dots on radar. But 2 days ago my wife was unable to spawned it so she did a restock @ TP and when she came back things was normal again:huh:

6. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I have run these a fair amount of times. Seems 5 respawns in a certain time will lock them out if you kill to fast. BUT I have found you can walk away as far as where you can still see the mound and start the chain again.

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

It seems teleporting out of the region can reset it, as well as other team members. Not sure what all the rules are.

8. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi Guys,

Some player builds (really small) seems to struggle activating the spawn. This is sometimes fixed by running into the tunnel and jumping right as you enter the tunnel.

For the reset you need to get a few meters away from the mine itself (+30 Meters) before running back in to activate it.

Regards,
    Chris

9. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I think perhaps I wasn't getting far enough away. I will try that. Thanks for the info.

10. saradu

saradu Member

Running into the cart triggered them for Roni and myself without a problem. Little lag here and there but they showed up

11. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Did a few more last night before I logged. I noticed that little mini patch I got when I logged in had changed how the oratan miners work. They hit 3x more then they did the first day AND the damage taken for me went from 1-4.5 avg with an occasionally disproportionate crit to an avg damage around 14- 36 with less crits but still extremely disproportionate for damage. 119 + on crits consistently. and of course avg loot was cut by at least 1/3. The spawning now seems to only allow for 2 sets of 7 to be spawned consecutively before having to leave general area to reset for me now.

12. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

yupyup my avi at some mines no problem but always end up unable to spawn more and have to zip my car away and back to re activate

one mine east of aakas I have to jump inside to activate the others were fine for me