1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only YOU can make space travel fun!

Discussion in 'Space' started by Neil, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Its nice to see such an inspiring post about being in space from such a new player. Far too often all we see in the forums are complaints about pirates and being shot down etc. My own opinions on pirates and lootable PvP aside though, I wish you the best of luck in exploring and making your way in space.

The areas you need to look for (at least that I am aware of at this time) are the "Training Grounds" which are near the space station areas by each planet. I don't have specific coordinates but I will try and find you a link to the map of space that we had around here a while ago, though I am not sure of its accuracy now. You can also try Entropedia as well as that is far more likely to be up to date.

EDIT: http://www.entropedia.info/Location.aspx - Try here

As for Next Island, its pretty much dead as far as I'm aware, but the content available at last update it had is still available now and there are some simple missions you can do although I'm not sure how much use they will be to you. I'm sure that there are other people around here that can confirm or deny this more accurately than I can though.

2. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

There are a number of space mobs, not just cosmic horrors. There are four other types, Dymlek, Dropship, Locusta, and Skyflail. Once upon a time there used to be Hermits but they have gone extinct and it's not known whether any spawns will be found again. You can see the spawn areas on the entropedia.info space map.

Remember that hunting in space is all lootable PVP, so quite risky, especially if you're hunting in one of the training grounds.

Next Island and Cyrene are closest to Arkadia. You can view your space map from on planet by opening map in medium or large size and selecting space from the pull-down menu in the upper right corner. On the entropiauniverse.com "Join Now" page, Next Island is not even included as a home planet. I guess MA doesn't want new players to start there just now. Hopefully that planet will get sold to someone who can make the needed changes for it to become successful. It's got some great scenery and is worth a visit.

3. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

I spend time on NI, not sure why I just do, maybe because it is less populated and more relaxing :D

Yes it is true, NI is pretty quiet for about last year now, Development and Support on the planet has pretty much stopped 3rd quarter of last year, so unless it is a technical game issue there is no support to fix anything there I don't think. Most all the missions still work except the Helena mission to get the starter hunting pack seems to be broken, dialog works mission completes but you get no NIP or ammo. I know people that sent support cases but just got back generic responses and have not heard a thing since and it has been month or more now.

There is a group of mission guys standing on patio at Crystal Bay and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't so I'd recommend not using those mission people, sometimes the dialogs work on them but no mission gifts are give, I think they were put in to run tests by the development team and somehow they got stuck in the game during the big exodus of the development staff. But the other brokers scattered around the land that should actually be used still seem to work except for that one known Helena starter pack mission. Most of the stories you hear about all the missions being broken are mainly because people were trying to use these mission brokers.

Word or warning, it may take time to sell materials on NI as there is not a huge number of people that hang out there, but if your patient things do sell eventually, and usually at a decent markup. I know about 4-5 main crafter's that make NI products and they buy in bulk and pay decent prices so if your patient and build up stacks you can eventually get rid of it and make a profit or break even at very least.

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Probably because the "free stuff" NPCs give out needs to be paid for by the PP to MA. Seems reasonable that NI owner hasn't been paying his bills to MA. So to bring it around to the topic... Yes you can travel to NI easily from Ark and NI mostly still works :) If you want to bring loot back from NI then I recommend a safe mothership service.

5. Bandido

Bandido Member

Thanks Snape, Neil and KMax for your helpful comments and information. with the maps I've been provided exploration will be economical. and your advise has not fallen on death ears.