1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Mandates

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by SkyeWitch, Jun 11, 2013.

1. SkyeWitch

SkyeWitch New Member

I have resently noted atleast 3 threads about claimed and possible exploitive bug issues. I certainly try to avoid doing what is not condoned. Is there somewhere that I can see explicitly what MA considers a exploit?

When I hear of certain things people are doing and wonder is this ok or is it cheating how can I get a MA official answer on the issue. Support case?

Are forums used as official announcements of such things? what if you dont subscribe to forums how do you know when something is banned?

If a "how to" thread dissapears from the forum can I assume it is because it is not sanctioned?

thanks for your help

2. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Don't worry about it too much. If you have to ask if you're exploiting a bug it probably isn't.

3. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

That's actually a really good question/suggestion SkyeWitch. PAF already has one of the best reputations around for Developer/Official/Planet Partner feedback but that's just from the A-Team and not from MA or anyone else. I think we could look at making a section or thread with a list of known and identified bug-exploits with links to threads and posts addressing them. Would be a good community project.

Let me work something out and I'll post again once I have something more concrete to put forward. However, be aware that I already have a longish list of things to do here on the forum (as well as this really annoying thing called RL :p) so its not going to happen in the next week ;)

4. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Active Member

Definitely a good idea. Thanks for the post!

5. Chris | Arkadia

Chris | Arkadia Arkadia Tech PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Hi SkyeWitch, Usually when something seems to good to be true or just seems like its bugged and not intended to be used in such a way it can be considered an exploit if it gives you an unfair advantage over other players. For example, hopping in and out of a vtol to kill a mob you can not usually kill or to avoid all damage from that mob is not an intended use of the vtol and due to it giving you an unfair advantage it is considered an exploit.

If you discover something that seems to good to be true or seems like it might be bugged and can give an advantage because of it then the best thing to do is to submit a support case or make a post in the bug section on the forums and move on until you receive feedback regarding it. Older player will usually also be able to tell you if something sounds like it is an exploit.

Exploitation does require intent and deliberate repetition of abusing the system to gain an unfair advantage so nether be scared to report any possible exploits to support or the bug section on our form out of fear of being banned.

Regards,
    Chris

6. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Its a real simple answer.. If you are a beta player you are allowed to "Explore" the workings of a bug for test purposes until some non beta sees you doing it. THEN you turn it in as a confirmed bug after having gained what you could from it. If you are NOT a beta then it is automatically considered an exploit and is a banable offence. As Chris stated if it seems to easy or too good to be true its an exploit. Easiest way to tell is if it saves you money when playing or allows you to profit more then once from it.

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I didn't know there was a beta tester program inside Entropia Universe. Where can I find more information on this program?

8. Donte

Donte Member

would be nice to be a part of Beta tester .. thanks

Donte

9. Snape

I think that Bill is referring to back when PE was in its beta stage in 02-03....and to players that may/did sign on back then. Its one of many opinions/conspiracy theories you'll find around EU.

10. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

Like this

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?208618-Lets-ban-all-the-Exploiters

• Like Like x 1
  11. Snape