1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oceanic 2.0 & Project Arkadia

Discussion in 'Tools & Utilities' started by endy, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwiss

Dwiss Member

Thx endy - the click did the trick. Looks actually like i have to click everytime first, before wheel will be accepted. Also when i havnt left oceanic but want to zoom more again - requires me to click first.

+rep for the massive work you did with it

2. endy

endy Active Member Pro Users

Thanks! This problem appears sometimes because of a third party application used to build executable from Flash.

Which version of Windows are you using?

3. Dwiss

Dwiss Member

WIN 7 - effect shows in both versions i use - home premium and professional

4. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Is there a way to make the crosshair and server borders show automatically? And how about changing the default skin (love the new darker color one)? I mostly use Oceanic for space right now... But it's hard to pinpoint exactly where you are without the crosshair so I'd like to see that as an option. I added show="true" to server borders, but that didn't change anything.

Also, I had the change server borders color to more of a gold... The red (especially on the space map) was too hard on the eyes.

5. endy

I didn't think it'd be a problem, so crosshairs are not showing by default when you start oceanic, you need to press "c" to toggle them. Same with the server borders, you need to click the proper buttons. Otherwise some maps might show up messy right after the start.

If I have time, I might do so that you could change it in the config.

Same with the default skin.

The color of server borders is changeable though, you can change the color here (for those who do not know):

<design type="Server borders" units="meters" color="0xff3300" alpha="1" shape="poly"/>

It should be orange-ish by default but it's hard to choose one color that'd contrast with any map, so yeah, probably for Space it's a bit rough.

6. rick_janson

It was orange until that 2.1 update. :)

Also, I think revive borders on-planet actually take on the server border color. I'll have to confirm that when I get to the computer, though.

EDIT: Confirmed. In config.xml:

Code:
    	<design type="Server borders" units="meters" color="0xff0000" alpha="1" shape="poly"/>
    	<design type="Revival zones" group="Main" units="meters" color="0xffff00" alpha="0.3" shape="poly"/>
    As you can see, the revival zones should be yellow, and the server borders red. However, they're both red. The color I had changed it to was 0xff9900.

7. endy

I guess you're right, it was a quick patch, I don't remember how it's done myself :)

There will be a separate thread for the wishlist soon, so all those settings, diff colors for borders and zones and such will be implemented in the next update when I have time.

8. rick_janson

No worries. Great effort so far! :)

9. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.