1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[OBSOLETE] My plan to take over the world - one sweat bottle at a time

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Lovefall, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

GL with your goal! :)

Minor suggestion to your log.
    I guess you just TT'd your partially used knife, to get new full TT one it and didn't resold to someone? :)
    If so, IMHO it would be better to replace: "Resold my [MANTA K-TT (L)] for" with "TT'd my [MANTA K-TT (L)] for" or "Sold my [MANTA K-TT (L)] to TT for".

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Lovefall

Lovefall Deactivated User

Thank you for your wishes and suggestions; fixed for all days. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. wournos

wournos Active Member

You will figure out with time what data you want to keep track of. In my case I keep track of the following (these are daily posts, though I don't play daily):

Type of mob (not necessary)
    Weapon used (not necessary)
    Kill count
    Funds at start
    Ammo at start
    Ammo bought
    Ammo used
    Ammo cost
    Repair cost
    Decay
    Loot value (not MU)
    Profit/loss (loot value+(decay+ammo))
    Sweat extracted
    Sweat sold
    Income (anything but sold sweat)
    Expenses (everything except costs already being tracked; like ammo cost etc)
    Funds at logout
    Balance (not necessary)

...and that's just 1 tab in my excel sheet. I transfer the monthly total to a different tab to get a better overview of each month. In there I also calculate monthly return in percentage. Then I have all my other tabs anything else I want to keep track of (my auctions, resources, Viceroy material status and much more). Oh and I have my kill cost tab that tells me the estimated cost to kill a mob, estimated cost, loot value and profit/loss of finishing the last 4 missions of the mobs (first one is used to gather data).

Yes, I am anal... :stats:
    Feel free to collect ideas. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

That's some good tracking sir!
    I've made an Excel-sheet one time in wich I kept track of everything. With a little bit of coding in it to keep the total value on PEDCard, Inventory, & Storage up-to-date. The items I had noted in different groups: Mining, Weapon, Armour, Fap, & Other. In quited tracking like that early because it felt like I was spending more time with Excel then ingame. For example a simple hunt could look like this:

]
    ActionFromLocationItemsArmourWeaponFapOtherTotalDefenseEarnProfit/Loss%Notes
    HuntingInventoryCeleste OutpostShogun, Katsuichi SGA, Axe 2x00,00121,350,970,02124,890,78%102,23-22,6681,86%Nusul, naked. IFN Challenge Stage 1 Completed
    After that comes more rows, the total value of items; the ups&downs from PEDCard, Inventory & Storage ... just too much.

Now I keep it simplified. I do an experiment on Hadraada and I track the results of those. I note the decay of the main weapon, finisher, panick-fap, secondary fap. Each item looted I note seperately. Then there are three lines of coding. 1) total decay, 2) total loot, 3) return %. On a previous experiment on Halix I also tracked the Hit & Dmg pro-standings before and after the hunt plus the increase. I found that I like it much more to be suprised by a new level then see it crawl forward every time. Next experiment I probably also skip listening each loot seperately. Other activities I don't track.

You need to find the balance for yourself between the energy involved in tracking and the knowledge gained by that information.

5. Lovefall

Yeah, that's exactly the thing... keep tracking of what you do is all cool... but it takes time... and if you are not paying attention, you can easily end up doing more time analyzing your game play instead of playing. For myself, tracking my daily costs (separated and summed - but for now since I don't use a healing tool, neither ranged weapons, all costs are resumed to the decay on my swords), my daily income (loot) and the amount of sweat gathered/sold is kinda enough.

For anything else, like comparing weapons or healing tools or whatsoever, I will just trust the results of the studies done by you (not you specifically, but a cumulative you - all experienced people and with a much better grasp of these things than me). I don't have what it takes to be a "scientist", I just try to be a good "student" who takes advantage of all those studies that other, smarter people, have done. :)

6. Lovefall

I decided to make some rather important adjustments to my plan, and since I had only 4 days anyway, I thought it would better to start clean with my reports.

I will ask though for this thread to be closed and will repost my (adjusted) plan in this new thread.

Please apologize me for the little spam and for any potential confusion.

7. Mathias | Arkadia

Mathias | Arkadia The Chief Whip Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.