1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidea Graphics Cards - Laptop Versions Shadow Play

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by SallyBridges, Mar 15, 2015.

1. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Nvide geforce expirience now allows recording from games and the desktop.

Below are some instrucntions I have followed in order to get this setup and working on my alienware laptop just shareing in its own post as might make it easier on forum searches for any one else that wants to set this up ( took a couple of hours of playing around and figuring out ) so here are the details.

Just be a bit aware If you have a laptop version of a nvidea gpu it might take a while and a bit of persistance in order to get shadow play to work and shadow play is still in beta. If you are in this situation ( as I was on an alienware ) then you might need to do the following in order to make the capture desktop work. ( this then allows the default keys to work as well ) and can record from EU.

Solution to fix:

First of All remove all Nvidea Graphics drivers and geforce excpirience with the following tool

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Download and install the latest driver versions and check if your laptop gpu is able to work with the latest clean install if this still fails then amend the following.

1.Go to regedit(Press [Win key + r] then type 'regedit' )

2.and then look for this registry [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\ShadowPlay\NVSPCAPS]

3.Look for 'DwmEnabled' and 'DwmEnabledUser'
    3a.On some notebooks the 'DwmEnabledUser' won't be there so create one by going to edit>new>Binary value

4.The value data of both of them will be something like this "00 00 00 00" delete the whole thing and change that to "01 00 00 00"(Don't add the spaces, it will add automatically.)

5.You are done , Now you can go to shadowplay and see the result, If it works thank me, If not you are doing something wrong.

If the above one is too complicated for you to do, Just download this and install, press yes for everything, and then you are done. Link : http://rghost.net/7dlHQqCWV

Then Either Reboot your machine or - start - run - cmd - services.msc - Stop and Start NVIDEA Streamer Services

You will then be able to set up the camera and settings and use hot keys as shadow play sugggests ;) and the icons should appear ;) you can change the possition of these.

• Informative Informative x 5
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  2. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

when you get this working the camera icon should appear - you can change the possition but it will look like the following

upload_2015-3-15_11-42-49.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. littleswampymonster

littleswampymonster Active Member

awesome, i personally only use nvidea hope this works on desktops, i play on desktop

• Like Like x 2