1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now that ores and BPs match...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by bass, Aug 10, 2011.

1. bass

bass Member

Please a call to the crafters:

What do you need more, now?

Please, place orders on auction, or at least write here so we miners can know what to stack and sell in auction!

• Like Like x 1
  2. wisdom

wisdom New Member

We, crafters, need ped on card.

You miners try craft them yourselves and tell us about the financial benefits of doing that.

3. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

While i am not on Arkadia atm, one of the main problems i had as a crafter was both iin the selling of crafted items (even at way below calypso prices), and in the lack of supply (or the insane markup some people want to sell their stuff for). So while you might get a small influx of markup for miners now, it will soon drop again unless you buy arkadian stuff from auction.

That being said, it's easy to see what is in demand, just check the markup on the refined resources, if the day markup is 10% higher then the week markup then it's a safe bet crafters need it in the new bluepritns :)

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

There's a better supply now that the miners have started putting stuff up on auction again.

5. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Active Member

If it is hard for crafters to sell at Arkadia at the moment.

Is it maybe a idea to set up/refresh a export list?

So that pilots can look for customers on other planets as well.
    Share your thoughts.

Regards,
    Ion

6. Neil

I'd say put forth a good effort to sell the items on Arkadia first, then take whatever doesn't sell to Calypso and sell it there. After a while you'll get a feeling for which Arkadian products are in demand in either place. But first crafters need to craft... I haven't looked at the auctions today, but in the past we had to get certain Arkadian items from Calypso because crafters here weren't making them. You'll probably also have to adjust your production practices if you're used to crafting on Calypso... A smaller population means each crafter needs to make a greater variety of items, but less of each one than they might on Calypso.

However, tools and weapons and other non-lootables are cheap to transport through space, now that ASF is making passenger flights both ways multiple times a day, it shouldn't be hard to arrange transport for your stuff. It'd also help to have a list of trusted traders that we pilots could deliver cargo to when we reach Calypso...

And for any of you land-lubbers reading this: lootable items are those in the "Materials" and "Mined Resources" sections of your inventory. :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

What I don't need is 90% of the resources starting higher than MU...I will never buy it and from the looks of it, neither will most.

Before anyone starts bitching about the "economy" mosey over to the auction and take a peek. Even the large lots are trying to be sold for a start bid of higher MU...Ain't gonna happen for me and if i have the same item(s) you can bet your ass I will undercut you EVERY SINGLE TIME with enough small lots at fair market so all your auctions expire.

I'll even do it with items and resources that I didn't intend to sell in the 1st place.

Why? Because I'm an asshole like that.
    Go take your greed back to Calypso....

Tippin'
    P.S. Not talking directly to anyone here...Just in general.

8. Danton

Danton Active Member Pro Users

I have to agree to this. I understand that miners and hunters (me too) want to make some profit after a time where nearly all loot was TT food. But to go greedy now is the very wrong way. Selling to crafters to a *fair* price is needed now. Trying to cover the losses of the past in one week now is the wrong way.

9. Bamaken

Bamaken Member

MU is not correct now, its based on all planets as one !

Each planet has its own supply and demand now so mu prices will be differant on each planet.

All must understand mu is just a general base of item not true worth.

10. Neil

This is a good point, BamaKen. MU is nothing more than the price at which a buyer and a seller are willing to do business. That means that MU on Arkadia has no connection to MU on Calypso, because supply and demand is completely different on each planet. The MU you see on peauction or wherever isn't going to reflect the market prices on Arkadia because we represent only a small portion of what's tabulated, and afaik there's no differentiation between sales that occur on Arkadia and those on Calypso.

If the price of resources is too high...the only way to lower it is to increase its supply or decrease its demand... If you try to artificially lower prices by manipulating other peoples' auctions, then you'll ultimately have the opposite effect you intended. If ores are selling at a high price, that motivates more people go out and mine that resource, which increases the supply, which eventually lowers the price. But if they see that certain ores aren't selling at a good price (because someone is unloading for cheap) they may lower their prices to sell, but they will also avoid mining that ore, which will decrease the supply....

I think we just have to let the market find its own balance.

EDIT: I should add that listing materials at reasonable prices (not trying to get the highest profit possible) will help the market find its balance quicker and get materials moving through the chain faster. So sellers, set your bid amount low (100% tt is a good place to start) and set your buyouts at a lowish, reasonable amount.

11. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

what he said. I would even go as far as saying that most MUs are Calypso MUs only since like 80% of the sales on them happen on Calypso. So Arkadia can not really influence the ingame markups atm due to its relatively low auction turnover.

12. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

I was accounting for Arkadia-only materials/items but didn't mention it so no, I disagree.(not referring to very small lots @ higher MU, ofc)
    But people can go right ahead and list for higher (imo) MU and i will continue to undercut them.

Guess who's auctions get sold.
    ;)

Tippin'

13. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Okay, a noob question here ... I know with EVE Online, a given resource can be controlled by how much you mine/produce since you know what you are mining before you even start.

Is this even possible with this game? After all, we never knows what will turn up when we drop those probes.

jc

14. Neil

You can't know for sure what you will get at any given drop, but an ore is found in certain locations and depths and not in others. So you will have a better chance of finding a particular ore if you mine in the right place.