1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No decay to equip limited armour?

Discussion in 'Armour' started by KikkiJikki, Feb 5, 2012.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

One of the things I learned early on was not to frivilously change my armour cos parts decay 1 pec when you equip them. However I am wondering if this is actually only true for UNL armour.

I made some musca armour to use testing mob damage and fruit tests seem to indicate no decay to equip it?

Am I missing something?

2. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

No, L armor doesn't decay when equipped/unequipped.. Same, apparently, with the L clothing from the THING.

3. KikkiJikki

Always something new to learn. Thanks Rick

4. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Limited armor doesn't decay, limited clothes do (have fully decayed set from the THING in storage)

5. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

Thanks for confirmation on that, Harmony. I had heard that they didn't. :)

6. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

News to me on the L armor too, just took it for granted it did decay, and yes the L clothes from the Thing became unwearable fairly quickly with a few changes, dissappointing cause I really liked them but not enough to wear permanently lol (thanks Ateam for making our newcomer pants and boots UL :) )

7. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Yes only UL gear owners got the shaft for thinking they were "Investing" into the game for long term. Our punishment is the equip gear tax under the guise of it preventing lag in the game from people changing back to cloths after a hunt.

8. KikkiJikki

omg i just had 7 pec stolen!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

I didn't know that about the clothing thats a really good thing. If thats the case then i'm all for L clothing could really change some things.

10. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

The L clothing from the Thing DOES decay. It decays 0.2 pec every time you put them on, but does not decay when you take it off. Trust me, I just decayed my boots down to 0.06 from 0.08 to test that the decay has not changed.

And contrary to rumors on one of the forums, the Ark clothing IS repairable. So to sum up, L armor does not decay when putting on or taking off, L clothing decays (at least when putting it on). Thank you, A-team for getting us UL freebie clothes! And I'm also looking forward to my first set of L armor once I figure out which one to get.

11. unicorn

unicorn Active Member Pro Users

ye L clothes decay.

i made a request on neverdie forum to change it as i find the thing clothes nice.

it has been moved to the bug section on the forums and neverdie gave a comment that they are thinking of the fastest way to make them UL available.

12. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Super awesome, way to go Unicorn, I guess asking does help sometimes :) I really like the look of those cloths also it would be in Neverdies best interest to make them so.

13. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Yes, the Arctic outfit is really super, and I really need them to be UL so I can go mine in our own Arctic region.