1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newly Discovered Moon to be Auctioned...

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by isclay, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

With the revenue scheme... Moon Operator getting 25% of income from all avatars born on the moon but only 10% of income from all players playing on the moon (35% if the player is moon-born and playing on the moon), they will definitely have an incentive to recruit new players and more importantly, make sure they stay in EU. I'm not sure how this is going to happen, since the moon doesn't seem on the surface like it would be a newbie friendly place (FOMA-style mining, nowhere to explore, etc).

I see one of two things happening... if a single investor or Akoz's investment group wins the auction, I can see the moon languishing on the marketing side of things. Why? With the moon, they'll need marketing with real work behind it... they'll need to market to the outside world as well as put time in in-game to support the new players they recruit. If Star's investment group, or another group of many players of all levels wins the auction, they will have the manpower to provide the mentoring, transport services, and the newbie help that will be required to get those newbies off the moon and onto one of the planets that actually has a functioning economy... or if they want to keep them on the moon, they will have enough traders, crafters, etc to keep the moon supplied with the required items to keep a newbie-appropriate economy going.

An in-game example... Narfi's transport service is operating and very active, in spite of him having limited peds compared to the deep pockets of some other transport operators. Why is he able to do this? I believe it's because he started with a big team of invested helpers that included lower level players, i.e. those who are willing to put large amounts of time into serving the organization.

Personally, I think Mindark is going about the sale the wrong way... they should be taking applications and reviewing marketing and operating plans from bidders, not just selling to the highest bidder.

2. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Active Member

I thought it was 35% of all the players they bring in, 25% with these players on other planets, and 10% of all other players? :confused:

3. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

That is correct.

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Only correct if the "10% of all other players" refers to when they're playing on the moon. Here is the complete breakdown, if I understand it correctly.

Moon-born avatar playing on moon:
    35% to MO
    65% to MA

Moon-born avatar playing on another planet:
    25% to MO
    25% to PP where playing
    50% to MA

Moon-born avatar playing in space:
    25% to MO
    75% to MA

Planet-born avatar playing on home planet:
    50% to PP