1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie wanting some tips

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Murkalael, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Another question about ships, on a planet if I hold mu right button while on my sleip, I can change my camera view to see my avatar outside of cockpit, as if I was watching from another ship, how can I do that in space?

2. Fifth

Fifth Member

Er... u mean switching between 1st person view and 3rd person view?

One way - scroll out the mouse wheel.
    Another - to make it faster and more convenient - have to find the key that does "Toggle 1st Person/3rd Person View" action. (I have customized my whole keyboard long ago, don't remember where it was by default.)

Btw, there's a useful tool "Action Library" where you can search for any command. There's hundreds, some are quite interesting. Once u find the command u want u can drag it to desktop as a clickable button, or assign it to any key on your keyboard.
    Actually in EU you have not just one but 9 virtual keyboards/desktops, plus one "universal keyboard" (marked with * icon). So... it's a whole new world. Allows you to do more things and more effectively than others, if u master it. Which takes a while. :)
    There's no hurry thou, take ur time. Time here is measured not in days or months but years... Entropia Universe (or Project Entropia as it was called at ancient times) servers have been running for over 10 years now, more than many other major MMO titles. Hopefully they're up for another 10 years, or more... ;)

3. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

No, this is FPS config. Let me try to be more clear.

On a planet
    I hop in sleip, take flight hit R to make it move by itself, then I right click on deskop to rotate my point of view, as if I was in a ship seeing my own avatar on another ship behind, meaning I see my own avatar inside the cockpit and not seeing through my avatar eyes like fps does.

In space
    same thing I hit R and try to right click to change my point of view, instead the ship change direction so I cannot see what's going on behind me without turning the ship around.

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

You need to exit Aim mode in order to change the direction of view. (default for this is space bar, I believe)

5. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member

Thanks, I found it. Is "Toogle Camera Direction" on action Library

6. SallyBridges

SallyBridges Adviser Arkadia Adviser

When in space you can with the default settings hold down the right mouse button and zoom around.

This will then move the camera in the direction that you want or the mouse is moving.

also scroll the mouse wheel to move from 1st 3rd person view

This is how i mainly do it any way as find the mouse options easier.

Also fun for making your screenies ;)

7. Murkalael

Murkalael Active Member