1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie saying hello!

Discussion in 'Greetings' started by Jonny Shiz Sandune, Dec 4, 2011.

1. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Jonny,

Skilling up in crafting can be really expensive. I'm sure there are optimal ways to go about it but I don't think you can avoid the need for deep pockets. My advice would be to delay getting into crafting till you have a good understanding of the market and a significant balance on your ped card.

After initial attempts at crafting I waited a year before having a serious attempt at skilling up.

However...

If you are determined to get into crafting, check out crafting options that use ingrediants you would normally TT. For example, it's almost impossible to sell generic leather for MU so it isnt costing you too much to craft it into leather texture (which you will also probably need to TT). A lot of people also start out crafting components - however I don't know which ones are smart and which ones are bad.

A really useful crafting site is Bob the Builder. You can use it to search for all bps that use a particular ingredient. You can use it to determine the basic cost of ingrediants (inlcuding MU) for a specific bp.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

2. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi Jonny,

Welcome! You have chosen well, Arkadia is a great place to live!

Much advice has been given already, not much more to add:

- Get yourself a healing tool, aka Gyro FAP-2 (L) from the TT. 5 PED. It's priceless to be able to repair yourself after just having survived such a nasty Carabok ...
    You might get one cheaper, crafters often have them with a lower TT value.

- You might want to get yourself a mentor, but don't hurry. Decide whom you would want to be it, and be sure it suits you.

- Get yourself a M2100 from Neil, or from the Calypso TT. Getting it from Neil would be less troublesome, I guess ;-)
    This is an unlimited pistol (repairable) with very low damage and very low costs. The perfect weapon to finish a mob that is close to dieing, when every other weapon would only be costly overkill. You'll carry this thing for all of your EU career, and you would buy one sooner or later anyways. It's a "must have".

- Regarding choice of weapons - as long as it's a gun it's OK. Rifles and pistols have a slight advantage due to the game mechanics, and are comparable to each other. Don't hesitate to mix BLP and Laser in the beginning, they share quite a lot of skills, and quite soon you'll find out what you should concentrate on.
    You might use knives and swords as secondary weapons, they have nice advantages due to the skills they give, but are not suited for anybody but absolute hardcores as main weapons. Low availability, higher costs, forgotten by the developers. Believe me, I use swords as main weapon since my very beginning ...

- Never forget that this game is meant to be played for very long times. I'm in since over 6 years now f.i., and many are here even ways more longer. It's very important to make friends, and to make yourself a name among the community.

Hope this helps, my best wishes to you! May Lootius smile upon you!

Have fun!

PS: If you haven't done yet, download Alice' EU guide. It's not completely up to date anymore, but is widely regarded as THE guide. Btw., Alice can be found on Arkadia, too :)

3. zume

zume Active Member Pro Users

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I'm a total crafting noob myself, but my advice about crafting... do repair skilling on a mothership (the Gagarin is currently docked at Arkadia, talk to Zume or AttacKat about getting on the guest list or attend one of the regularly scheduled repair trips (link)). I don't think there's a cheaper way to unlock blueprint comprehension and max out your level 1 bps.

5. Mayana

Mayana Member

6. Bemo

Bemo Deactivated User

Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay here on Arkadia :)

-Bemo-

7. Hyde

Hyde New Member

Hey Jonny! - Welcome to Arkadia and EU in general. I think your plan of sweating is a good start, to get to learn the game physics, and I've seen ya at a couple Atlas haven radio parties - and I play a few of your bands tunes. If you need anything just ask! Good Luck!