1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie saying hello!

Discussion in 'Greetings' started by Jonny Shiz Sandune, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Jonny Shiz Sandune

Jonny Shiz Sandune New Member

Hey everyone,

I'm brand new to EU and therefore planet Arkadia. Just signed up on these forums, and I wanted to say hi!

I'll be sweating another 2k sweats, bringing me to a total of 3k. I figure that is a good way to start after a lot of reading.

I'm thinking ill buy an Ark-10 soon after, and start hunting some oro's.

If anyone see's any fault in my "starting plan", or could give me ANY great advice.. it would be much appreciated. Maybe mining would be better? I'm assuming I can't start manufacturing from the start..who knows :eek:

Looking forward to meeting you all in Arkadia,

-Jonny
    (Jonny Shiz Sandune)

2. KillerDawg

KillerDawg Active Member Pro Users

Welcome to the Forums and Arkadia. I am not one, but be sure to look for the Arkadia Advisers if you have question and feel free to ask lots of questions here on the forums as well. You can learn about our advisers here: http://arkadiaforum.com/content.php?342-arkadia-advisers
    Enjoy your stay and the play. :)

3. Jonny Shiz Sandune

Thanks so much. Actually my first 10 min of game play, an Adviser (wish I remember who) spent some time answering questions and helped me out as well as giving me a quick ride in his vehicle. Let me say, I think the work of Advisers greeting people when they first log in to EU is a critical step.

I know for sure it clarified a lot, and gave me something to look forward to in the future (vehicles..hehe).

Good work Advisers, but if I can suggest anything, spend more time waiting for newbies around Relentless Firebase Academy!

4. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

welcome to Arkadia, and first off forget about hunting Oro's as those are not a newbie mob really. If yo uare tired of Carabok(and ARk-10 is overkill on them) look up young-mature Ostelok (south of the Quarry TP), and if you dont like them or they dont like you go find some fish to catch north of Celeste town.

Also try Halix young-old, all those mobs are much better for newbies such as yourself then Oro which are fast, hit hard and fast and aggro easily.
    And I'll go see how it looks at relentless now ;)

5. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I agree with Jenny, you might find oros a bit too much until you get some weapon skills under your belt. Also, if you decide to hunt carabok, I can sell you an M2100 pistol which is great for hunting carabok because it minimizes overkill. Thanks for posting and hope you see you in game soon!

6. isclay

isclay Active Member

Welcome Jonny!

7. Beanie Bugbear Adamski

Beanie Bugbear Adamski Member

8. New York Rose

New York Rose Active Member

Welcome!! I am on and off Arkadia ALOT! You picked perfect planet to start..The people on this forum will answer any of your question!!..Have fun and enjoy the game!...;)

9. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Hello Jonny, welcome to Planet Arkadia!
    Have you explored the planet? That is also a great way to learn about the game. It gives you a certain feeling about what kind of creatures are where. What is extremely dangerous and what not so. And look for the "Missing Archealogists" mission, you have to search for five people all over Sentosa (the continent), so you'll be exploring.
    There's also a mining mission from pTech. You have to drop 10 probes or something. Just give it a try and see if you like it.
    Ardorj :)

10. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Hi and welcome to Arkadia and the forum :) Glad to hear you had a bit of help from an Advisor so early on, before our last update it was not always easy to be 'in place' to meet newcomers, since we had all nine academies as potential starter points, plus the Quarry as 'the' place newcomers hang out to sweat and kill the puny mobs after making it to that location. Now we just have Resolute Academy as the starter spawn point (unless we get a flood of them and they get bumped to one of the other servers, looking forward to that day :) ), so it should now be easier between all of us to cover most of the hours there, so an Advisor is always around to greet new players.

As the others have said, feel free to ask any questions you have, either pm one of the Advisors here or ingame, or just ask on the forum as the community here is very helpful. Good luck and happy swunting :)

11. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Welcome to Arkadia, Jonny

We have a great crew of Advisers here to help with any questions. Stop by the Moonshine Bar in Celeste Harbour sometime I'll buy you a drink :p

Oh and if you ever see K-Max Prime (Me K-Max wearing my Optimus Prime Helmet) make sure you know the keyword for chance at some free PED :) See events thread "Find K-Max Prime and Win a Prize".

Cheers

12. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Welcome to Arkadia and EU!

You have hours of fun and exploration in front of ya. :)

13. Jonny Shiz Sandune

Wow - thanks for all the responses, good community we got here.

KMax - I will definitely take you up on that drink :p.

Neil - I'm not sure about the M1200 as I haven't found out anything about that gun yet.

Which brings me to my next point, where can I find out about different items. Is there a website showing info on different weapons, and maybe where they can be bought?

thanks for all your help guys :)

-Jonny

14. Neil

entropedia.info

15. Jonny Shiz Sandune

So it looks like a good starter laser pistol, only capable of being bought on calypso.

Do you think starting with pistols is better than a rifle? I realize pistols do better with minimizing overkill, I suppose it depends on the mob I fight?

16. Neil

I like pistols because they last longer than rifles, and they shoot faster, which means you don't have to wait as long when you need to heal yourself quickly. In any case, I recommend using all the different weapons when you're starting out, to get some basic skills so you're not limited to any particular type of weapon. Different people will recommend different things, it's largely a matter of personal preference.

17. Jonny Shiz Sandune

Thanks Neil. Well how much are you selling it for?

Either I buy it from you or I buy a TT from Arkadia like a Herman CAP-101 (L) for 5.00 PED.

18. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

19. Neil

The M2100 is 2.2 ped. I sell them for TT cost. I also keep a supply of other off-world items like Genesis Rookie Finders, Castorian En-knuckles-A and Calypso BP books.

20. Jonny Shiz Sandune

I might take you up on that Calypso BP books - i'll keep your name in mind. I'm considering starting up crafting, it seems really fun. I feel like i've asked enough questions already, but if anyone has advice on crafting for newbies ... how to start and what not, please share!

Otherwise, thanks everyone for all your help and input, what a great community we got here.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!