1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Forum Support' started by Ace Flyster, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Ace Flyster

Ace Flyster Member

I know this has been said before, but i don't suppose there is any chance of changing it

I use new posts religiously, and having read posts or threads etc deleted from it is quite a pain

For example, (and this happens all the time for me), i just read a post and one of the responses Dave has already replied an answer to in a different thread.

So i went to Daves posts to find it, to copy the answer, then i went back to new posts to get the thread where i read the question. And of course it was not there, i then spent the next 10 mins trying to find that post, and couldnt find it. So i had to load up the spy and wait while it loaded up all the posts and edits. To find the post, got bored and gave up

Having read posts in new posts is a vital part of the way i navigate a forum

Please, is there any chance of changing it back?

Rgds

Ace

PS i have waited this long to post as i wanted to give it a chance, but i find it long and painful

2. DejayJaguar

DejayJaguar Member

Im struggling to navigate the forum also. Maybe its me being too used to another forum, dunno?

3. KillerDawg

KillerDawg Active Member Pro Users

Using your example, might I suggest that when you are reading a thread and want to go to another post that you open a new tab in your browser to search in. That way you will not lose your place in the current thread and continue on once you have found what you are looking for. May, or may not, make some things a little easier.

4. Ace Flyster

Ace Flyster Member

Yeah that is a temp solution, as i will not do that all the time, so it will still be frustrating

It is like treating the symptoms, rather than the disease

Rgds

Ace

5. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator

6. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

I normally open the new posts and then anything else I want toread from that gets opened in a new tab leaving the original new posts the way it was. MAybe thats a workaround for some who dont want to refesh the new posts page every time they read a thread.

7. Golddude

Golddude Member

Yeah i agree with him... "Meh"

8. swaith

swaith Member

i think the forums are pretty cool, the whats new tab is handy i just wish that it updates from your last login as opposed to everything since you last read all forums, because i have to keep marking all read once i have checked it, but looking at the above if we did that it might cause a stir lol

9. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Thats the way i do it, seems an essential way for me to work if i'm ever to keep up as a Mod