1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Player Experience Feedback

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Snape, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

The hoverpod sound has been taken directly from the existing hovercraft. Personally, I don't mind it, and spend a lot of time in my hovercraft as well. At least it's not as annoying as the VTOL sounds. After half an hour in space I start to hear sinister words in the VTOL sounds. I know the A-team is planning to work on sounds in 2012; the hoverpod might be one that gets some tweaking.

2. endo

endo Member

Over all I give it an "A". As a new player myself it is much better than the old system. Two things that I see missing are hunting mission and any kind of sweating mission. I love that you give out guns and some ammo. The mining mission is great to give new players some peds to play around with and introduce them to the economy.

3. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

Great NPE missions! Thank you Arkadia team :)

All small bugs I notice, others already mention.
    Only one small thing - IMHO it would be nice to have new TP in town with stores.

4. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Celeste Quarry is only place with market places on Arkadia at the moment. More will be introduced as Arkadia grows.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sniqs

Sniqs Active Member

Hi,

The New Player Experience is a VAST improvement over the old one. I really enjoyed myself. It's not only helpful to the new player but it's also immersive. In my opinion, a job well done.

I have noticed a few minor errors, however, apart from what others have said:
    - The descriptions of Carapace Communications Helmet and the Carapace Vest are switched. The helmet description says "Lorika Tek designed this vest" while the vest's description says "Lorika Tek designed this headpiece".
    - Pulsar Armour Plate Trainer's description is: "???"
    - The vest I got was not full TT (0.40/0.48) or perhaps the max tt was reported as too high.
    EDIT: - One more thing I just noticed: the MAKO Trainer has 0.0 recommended level, but it's the "oldschool" 0.0, i.e. both Learning period hit and Learning period damage are Never while HA and CHA are like for weapons maxed at level 100. Also, the sword always deals 1.0 damage, all the time.

6. rick_janson

rick_janson Well-Known Member Pro Users

The only time I had to do that was when I got to the research outpost... But if you talk to the twins, they direct you to the Archaeology lab behind them. Other than that, I always had the waypoint show up immediately...

7. unicorn

unicorn Active Member Pro Users

View attachment 3280 Mayday Mayday!

Reporting live from the Arrival Lounge. Is that microphone even on? Is it on? I guess yes.

Anyways...

New Arrivals as well as experienced players from all over the universe have been expected so far.

They are quite busy exploring the new area and introduction to the planet by their first adventure.

All colonists involved are working properly to explain the basics step by step.
    Every explanation is good to read, understandable and can be followed.

The situation outside is safe at all times. The way through the cave to the firebase and all new buildings can be managed by all arrivals.

The new buildings are very good designed and give nice view on what is up to come.
    Encouragement to continue is given by handing out starter gear step by step.

Celeste Harbour and Quarry are filled with colonists.

All in all i appreciate the change of the different locations within the expedition. Theres alot to see.

The equiptment handed out to the colonists find nice feedback.

Very nice is the introductory to the mining profession. New Arrivals reported even their first mining claims. That gives a nice introduction that theres more than hunting creatures.

When arriving back from the expedition to celeste harbour the colonists can choose what to do next on their own. Advisers be ready.

And here is a little suggestion:
    When arriving back at celeste harbour it would be nice if it would be optional to finish the expedition by chooseing to go back to the resolute firebase to form a team with other colonists to defend the base of at least 20 oratan puny to get a introduction into the possibility of teamplay.

That would be a nice finish of the expedition as the oratan are mentioned at the start.

Good Job all people at the Studios! We see the most reasonable new players introductory inside the universe.

unicorn out!

Is that microphone even on? Is it on? I guess yes.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Lol Unicorn :) +rep ...a Radiostation should hire you :)

9. nutrageti

nutrageti Member

not exactly a new player but I did those missions anyway :D was amused by the fact you can't go over the cliff at the new arrivals lounge :) cave, missions, hover-pod great, enjoyed a nice puny mob hunt with that ammo and i think it's a good start for a new player - got like 1 ped worth of ammo and by the time i finished it the blp pistol was close to dead but the rifle was still half tt...loot was 1.40 ped so enough to go for another run with the rifle. If, as mentioned above, rookie weapons are added (maybe 50 pec tt or something) new players could maybe hunt for a few hours. with sweating it would be a great start really for them.

another positive note: not making the clother L . I like my pants unL :D

10. unicorn

ty i was 13 hours on it yesterday , fell into bed at 7 am :D

rushing here and there and everywhere where people =)

11. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

My overview is on post #27 of "Planet Arkadia Update 2012.1 (31st Jan 2012)" in About Planet Arkadia -> Planet Arkadia Release Notes & Updates.

Really liked the new missions great job. Also +rep for all the work Silvia has done and a very nice radio transmission.

12. moondog

moondog Member

All in all I have to agree with Lee DeLioncourt, good experience although i agree a hunting mission and a crafting mission should be included. Great day yesterday and hopefully we will see more players in remote locations.

moondog

13. rick_janson

One thing I thought was an excellent idea.. putting up the invisible wall on the cliff by the Arrival Lounge.. No falling off by accident. :)

14. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Member

Well I found it great fun to be honest. Used to be a clothes collector and really liked the UL pants with belt on it as a pressie too.

The hoverpod looks not finished and 1st person view is not doable because of that but the lights are awesome and are seen when activated it's cute. Nice low fuel consumption as well.

Only minor issue I had on the missions is after the archeology thingie where you've to go to a bridge to reach celeste that's where you've to press the track button on the mission log. At first I thought we had to go to Celeste any way we could lol. Prolly misread somewhere but overall I loved it.

Thumbs up!

15. rick_janson

There's a guard at the bridge that puts it on the radar for you. I didn't have to click "Track" for it to show up.

16. Luckycharm

Luckycharm Member

Well I meant to get to the bridge waypoint I had to press the track button (for that waypoint of the bridge to appear). After that it went ok. At start we did not go by that bridge ;p

17. Nikto

Nikto Active Member

I know ;)
    I'm talking about new "town with stores" (that part of NPE mission, where you get clothes, armor, weapons, FAP etc.), not about shop booths.

18. MrJoey

MrJoey Member

really great job on the starter mission and also on the area.
    I finished without getting bored and some nice looking equipment for the collector box :)

keep it on!

19. Beanie Bugbear Adamski

Beanie Bugbear Adamski Member

Simple straight forward and fun.... works for me :)

great Job A-team

20. unicorn

i get a message of a player who gets the message:

[Mininke] An unexpected error have occured in the processing of the following quest/mission:ACA - Weaponry StoreCode: 1

she tries to get the guns at the supply depot.

all waypoints have been done so far.

we tried relogging but have not worked so far

we filed a support case now.