1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Citizenship System

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by Jenny ferr, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

I would imagine that they'll only allow people to vote on things that could not affect the ingame economy.

2. BigJim

BigJim New Member

can land deed be looted form u in pvp (space) if it is u can stack them

3. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Active Member

Probably not.
    The only stackables that can be looted are materials and resources.
    For example, ammo is stackable but can not be looted since it is under the weapon tab.

Regards,
    Ion

4. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

5. JoseM

JoseM Member

I really care about the fact that the planet partners were not consulted on this or other systems that affect the entire universe, Mindark discretionary power is more important than I imagined. If the vote of the citizens of Calypso serves to curb that power, so be it. If the issues are put to be voted only on minor things, little things I do not think this system has a great future.

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Do we know that the other PPs weren't consulted?

7. billairboy

billairboy Member

Could be that they prefered to keep it a bit secret to prevent that players/investors with a lot of money would prepare themself to make investments and buy up a big amount of the land shares when they started to sell them. This way the ordinary players have the same chance to buy one.

The requerment that MA want other pp to have a more "stable" playerbase and revenue before they also could implement a similar system are a good one i think. It's probaly to protect the players buying the land shares. Because the other planets such as Arkadia have a lot lesser players and income.

8. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

First impression of this I had was "Awesome", then I thought hmmm. Wait a second a voting right from MA ya right... MA has done whatever they wanted and will continue doing whatever they want they have the majority of the vote still, I still bet you get automated crap response from tech support.

On top of that it is Calypso profit sharing only. With 60000 deeds out there public and that being like 10% of MA's total worth you will only get 1/60000th of the profit sharing of 10% of the profit per deed from profit on Calypso only. This has money making scheme for MA and nothing in return to the holders of the deeds all over it.

I also like how they tell you how much transaction happened everywhere in all of EU even between players and not about the amout of actual profit it really is. 400mill looks nice but is it really if 350mill is trading between players. 350mil is just a made up number to make things seem bad lol....

Just my take of the whole thing. Call me an idiot for not seeing the big picture but apperantly it is so big I am blind to it lol.....

• Like Like x 1
  9. billairboy

billairboy Member

I don't know what 10 % you are talking about, Calypso have 80-90 % of the players i would guess right now. On Calypso MA takes 50 % of the revenue and the pp take 50 %. The land owners will take 50 % of the pp´s share, thats 25 %. So each land share will give the owner a 25%/60 000 share of the planets revenue. The big "risk" for the players buying it, how many players will leave Calypso for other planest? Cyrene, the arabic planet and more planets are coming soon. If Calypso don't replace the players leaving with new ones the income will fall.

10. KMax

I still see it as a money making gimick, come on like MA is going to give up control of how they do business? That just won't happen, there will be no voting rights you will own psuedo pieces of paper making you mear peds a year, laugh at me if you want but I see fraud. And that percentage has to leave out all the LA's already owned so maybe it isn't 10% maybe it is more like 25% or 50% of land area to get profit from. I mean those people owning LA's should and most likely will still get full rights to their land they payed for it after all, it should not go into a public pool of deeds.

I don't own any LA's and will not get any of these wacky deeds, I was just giving my opinion of how fruitless this whole idea/gimick even is.

11. James Clayton

James Clayton Member

Great way of geting a lot of people to give lip service to any and all of MA decisions. I mean, who is going complain to people about something they own, and have input on how it's run. Be like shooting yourself in the foot lol. Wellcome to the new cast system! Calipso has joined the 3rd world. Mabe these new owner/citizens should have halos over their heads so we will know who are the elites, those like MA that will deside the lower cast's future. We should know who to bow down to.

12. billairboy

billairboy Member

I think people make too much of the "vote system", is not about MA, is only a Calypso gameing thing, nothing about how the company itself is run or so. It could be stuff like "Should we add more appartments?" and similar issues.

13. KMax

BTW is there a full earnings report for prior years anywhere for MA? Would anyone ever invest in something they don't know nothing about in detail especially if your tossing large sums of cash at it. This data should be publicly available someplace. Any reputable company would gladly give you notoried info for the company if it was worth investing in. They are a delisted london exchange stock, that doesn't make me feel any better about this whole thing. I just don't want to see tons of people get scammed some way and want them to approach with open mind and detailed knowledge of what they are going to venture into. I mean if you know all the facts and you have notorized data and still feel confident then by all means you should invest in something, otherwise be cautious.....

14. billairboy

billairboy Member

http://www.mindark.se/investor-relations/financial-reports/

Remember you don't share the profit of MA (or lose), but Calypso.

15. KMax

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated. and Yes I know which makes everything seem even seem so much smaller. I still will not be investing in these deeds. I hope I am wrong and everyone does well I just smell a lot of bleeding hearts in a year or so. I have yet to hear any good new about any type of investments into the game other then LA's, Hangers were a bust and read a lot of other posts leading to same chilling ending, I still believe you will make peds a year at most from this whole thing.

I'll look at the report this evening. I need to figure out what a sek is even worth lol.

16. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

Well it will boost Arkadia from my side sins I'm wont be spending the PED back on Calypso :)
    So much for saving my PED for an Arkadia shop and apartment, sorry to say but I hope the apartments and shops come out after the 15th of December or that some is still for sale at not to inane prices in the auction.

Just hope that a bunch of 13 year olds (physicaly or mentaly) with to big pockets don't end up buying the majority shares and voting retarded.

For those that's freaking out its actually something a lot of players has been asking years for and everything used in it has been requested at least once in the past (perhaps some arkhive junky can go dig up the relevant posts) so MA do listen but it may take years. I remember some posts asking for shares and posts asking to have the voting system reimplemented and some of players asking for some new way to get land (if i remember correctly there was one about buying a dead that entitles you to stake out a peace of land) that's not to expensive. So basically they rolled a load of idea's into one with this.

I also think the 6Mil they will get from this will help boost not only that planet but also the entire platform and what is good for the platform is good for Arkadia. Besides if you really dislike Calypso and want to support another planet you in affect bleed off cash from Calypso and fund another planet with that and you don't even have to do anything on Calypso just sit and watch them support your planet :)

I really hope things go for the best with this but If it turns into a flop at least I can still live with losing the amount I'm investing in this though I will be severely hindered for some time.

My only problem with this is that I don't have 50K PED to risk in this.

17. XeroX

XeroX Active Member Pro Users

*sigh* I am still uncertain what to make out of this... but I think I'll most likely buy 1-5 shares. It surely seems like the most promising investment you can make inside the Entropia Universe right now. Promising as of in a combination of safety, effort required to maintain it and ROI. Oh and the ROI is based on the REVENUE of the PP and not of its profit so pls stop writing about the profit. thx xD If this was based on the profit of the PP the resellers would have never bought the low stacks. :p

18. Ex.

Ex. New Member

So paying for a vote on how you'd like to lose your money in the future on the planet? Gotta admit that's pretty smart.

It's interesting but seems like it's a money grab. They were looking for investor's and couldn't find any. It's a good solution but now you have the players as investors so they'll be making money off what they spend. At least we get to build a house which will prolly be expensive too. Business must be slowing and im assuming they will be expecting more planets to take away more potential profits as well in the future. Still early on I hope they bring some more detail into it and we see how this plays out. I wouldn't buy it atm tho even if I had the money too.

19. Raven Lunchbox

Raven Lunchbox Adviser Arkadia Adviser

ok, so far i have read alot of speculation and bashing. on this whole idea. lets just go with what it says for the moment and see what happens. from what it sounds like
    1share 1kped=100$
    you get ROI of 27-30% per year=279-300ped
    3.3years x 300= break even in best case senario known so far

all years after are profit.

oh yea.. hmm. no need to put fertilizer or hunt down rare dna or puchase it at exorbant prices.

can anyone here tell me a stock that they recieve 30% roi per year on?

small investment depending on how many u get. risk of course.. its a damn game ffs.

possible additional profit to be made? yes it seems so.. owning 9 allows things to be built on it. more to come on that im sure.

if you have a large enough block could it be used as an LA where u can put a tp and fert station and have mobs? maybe... unknown

20. KMax

It says "the potential ROI (Return of Investment) of such shares is expected to be between 27% - 30% per year", that does not mean will....

It also says "The success and profitability of the planet will determine the revenue received as a land lot deed holder. If Calypso becomes more popular, the ROI will be higher; similarly, if the popularity of Calypso decreases, the ROI would also decrease.", so that potential depends on if people grow or decrease profit on Calypso. It is like a penny stock in my eyes and a high risk one at that. i see it taking way longer then 3 years to come out ahead.

I do stocks in real life I make more then 30% a year on my selections because I don't play with high risk ones... Any person telling me there is potential has something to hide, anyone telling me they are sure and can back it with hard numbers I will trust more, I still need the facts in hand. I see no hard numbers from past Calypso profits, the past does dictate the future. So that is what I base my thoughts and concerns on and advise be cautious, I did not say don't, I just said I won't.