1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New avatar system

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Kitten, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hodges

Hodges Member

But you can make anything look good!

3. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

I made some major changes to my avatar
    View attachment 6575 View attachment 6576

I'm pretty happy with it though will do some tweaking next week. Thighs are kind of weird. Shoulders maybe a little wide.

5. Snape

Not bad Kikki. I'm going to wait till next week to do EwoK....atm he looks like he swallowed a Nusul whole! Lol

6. Hodges

Hodges Member

Those darn Nusul... Always been too fattening.

I'm ok with my new look, but I'm going to redo it again next week. It's not as light as I wanted (like most people) and I don't like how ALL pants, including tight pants, make my thighs look fat, when they're not. Most of the issues I have are with the clothing not looking right, but I won't go into detail here. When I have time to go through all my own clothes and take screenshots, I may make a new thread about it solely for compiling a list of clothing issues that can hopefully be adjusted. Some of them aren't too bad.

7. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Here was my first attempt at Redoing trina 3 days after the initial borked release.

View attachment 6640

And again after I had more then a few miniutes to play around with all the controls a bit. There is a bug with textures that make the boots mess up thus erasing my knees but thats still far better then most of the other bugs I have seen.

View attachment 6641

All in all there is a HUGE change in the avatars looks as far as realism IF you take the time and play around with ALL the buttons n sliders. I will say that the 4 base models for females are pretty pathetic. This one is based from the strangest cromagnan looking one of the 4 with the wierd facial structure. It really does not matter what base face you choose as they all have the same controls that can be manipulated in nearly every possible way.

I sadly have to admit.. MA did well with this on as far as its end product to date. Good job guys. As for the implementation well.. lets just say it was exactly as expected.

8. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

9. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

So much discussion and photos going on across all the forums and facebook, didn't even realize we had a sort of 'show your new avatar' thread here :dark: Good job everyone!

I first re-made Lee with my usual auburn hair and brown eyes, but in the end went off my beaten path for the last two avatar updates, and decided to make her with white/silver hair with purple tips, and purple eyes. Oh hay why not, this is sci fi, and I may just be part of an ancient race of purple eyed empaths who has a deep love for archaeology :cool:

Before
    View attachment 6648

First day remake
    View attachment 6649

Final
    View attachment 6650

10. Snape

Looking fine Lee....I think you've picked a winner in the silver/purple shade you chose.