1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to snowball more. Need help moving forward

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by kraank, Apr 18, 2017.

1. kraank

kraank Member

Hello!
    Im kinda new to EU.. Dont get me wrong, i dont want it easy cuz this game isnt easy. I just want pointers :D

Last year i :

Bought the gold starter pack, started questing and killing shit.
    Got myself a mentor who hasnt been online for 100days now.
    Bought some strongboxes to complete carabok challanges and im now almost done with 5000 caraboks and also some other creatures.

Now. I have around 600ped in items the website tells me. a third is ammo.

I use herman cap-tt and 3 shot caraboks and have the gold start set on me.

What can i aquire and where can i hunt to SNOWBALL futher in to this game.
    I want some higher risk higher reward stuff to kill but still fairly relaxing (not healing every 2 sec etc)

I have almost only used hand gun herman cap tt so thats where skills are at atm!
    If i "need" to spend alittle cash my budget is like 50usd (same as buying a new game to play)

1. What to hunt
    2. What to aim for in gear/weapon
    3. How to think when progressing, some goals to reach to take the next step in hunting. Goal is to be able in a few years to make really large hunts and risk shitloads of PED to have fun and MAYBE get rewarded.

I accept answers like "go google it or search the forum noob" :)

2. IFN Soldier Lizzy

IFN Soldier Lizzy Active Member

Well, the main thing you want to focus on when hunting is MU. I cannot press too had on that fact. There are a lot of mobs you want to skip while skilling and puny's are one of them but there is no way to avoid them.
    What to hunt is a tough one as well, as some people will not spill their secrets, some do wavehunting with extended information, some focus on bounty's. Get a new mentor if you cannot finish mentoring with your current one. It is not worth giving that person a reward for your graduation while he/she has not been around to help you at all.
    Try to find a soc that fits your needs too and make as many friends as you go, information is valuable in this game.

But honestly, snowballing deeper/higher into this game, you need to be really really on top of everything and get all the information that people dare not to share.

IMHO: Depo hard to go slow and get every penny anywhere you can.

Also, check the ped to click and such websites, don't join them if you don't trust them. Check healing jobs, offer hunting support, etc.

3. Hans

Hans Member

I'm about as new, but I can make a few suggestions while we wait for those with more experience to comment.
    Add the Oratan daily punisher missions to your activity list. They give skill as a reward after the first few series, and this game is all about skill.

If you have hunted with your mentor all is well as you can complete your mentoring program on your own. If not you must decide if he is going to return and boot him asap if you feel he won't return. This will sadly mean you restart the program, but that is better than never being able to complete it.

Also do the gallard and hornet missions. They give similar skill as reward per series than carabok and you can at least rotate the scenery as you feel like.
    If you need to conserve ped consider swunting carabok and gallard, gives more evade for less investment, but is dreadfully boring.
    This does allow time to study the sales forums (#trade and #arktrade) Know what you have in loot and sell these when a decent opportunity shows itself, or advertise it on the forums.
    If you swunt, do not wear armour unless you can absorb the repair bill, and do not try to swunt hornets.

and lets reiterate the basics:
    Remember scrapnel converts to ammo at 100:101, so do not TT it. It can be sold for between 100% and 101% which is a better return than the TT if you do not need the ammo. (Mine always becomes ammo).
    Compare weapons etc on entropedia.info.
    If you generally take 3 shots to kill a carabok fit the sx sinkadus and see if it reduces to 2 shots, will be more eco then.

Out of ideas, off to get some coffee.

4. kraank

kraank Member

Thanks for replies.
    My mentor had kicked me so starting over again, 15% in 2 days now with new mentor.
    Ive tried selling my 300 ped carabok loot but only got to sell 70ped worth on auction. Most of it its not worth putting for auction due to low mu and high fees. Camping trade chat for hours but not many reply for all the loot. Easiest sell was cara hide and animal hide.

If ammo gets too low ill TT everything not sold in chat or auction.

I finished cara 5k and started halix 1.2k in a spawn with mostly young mature and old. Havent calculated loss/gains yet but i have starting nubmers written down.
    Weapon Chon s1x1 with sinkadus seems good there, tip from rookie chat.

They hit me quite hard and i need to heal every 5 mobs or 8 if its just youngs.

Is evader super important go level up fast? Only at 3 atm. Maybe i could go past halix with more def skill?

5. IFN Soldier Lizzy

IFN Soldier Lizzy Active Member

You want to get evade up yes, I know the 10k Carabok and Gallard gives it. If you don't have a lot of PED then swunting is really good to do that. But it is a slow skill.

Some loot just no one wants, so it's best for the TT. You might also want to wait with Halix if it might be a bit too high. The healing costs might kill your returns. Maybe try to make an excel sheet detailing expenses and returns to get a better picture.