1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a guide! ;3

Discussion in 'Ask an Adviser' started by AkaSnake, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

not really tied to your sweating skill, more to the defensive skills you gain from sweating.
    The more evade you get the less the mobs will hit you so you get less interrupted attempts, which ofc make you sweat a bit faster.

2. AkaSnake

AkaSnake Member

Hmm about the professions ( when I will have enough to afford a gun and ammos ) can I go mining or something? Which is the best to make money , mining , hunting or crafting?? And how much PED will I need to buy the tools required , thanks you!

3. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I think 10 - 20 ped would be a good start...for hunting or mining...i´d suggest stay away from crafting it is the most expensivest proffession ......sometimes people sell rookie finders for mining ...pretty cheap....;)

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Yes, a profession is merely the sum of your skills relating to that particular activity. (You can find what skills affect various profession levels on entropedia.info). Doing one profession doesn't exclude you from doing any other profession. The higher your profession level, the more efficiently you can do that activity, and the higher up the chain you can go. So for example, a high laser level allows you to hunt bigger mobs and get more valuable loot, a higher prospector level allows you to use a more powerful finder to get deeper minerals, a higher crafting level allows you to make the more valuable crafted items.

I always have rookie finders available, if you can find me in-game.

5. AkaSnake

AkaSnake Member

What's rookie finders? And I was more interesting in mining and hunting anyways :D ( Does hunting means looting ? ) Thanks.

6. Neil

Loot is whatever you "get" from hunting, mining, or crafting. When you're hunting, you have to select and loot the carcass. Rookie finders are from Calypso and use only 1/10 as many probes, and they find proportionally lower amounts of loot. They're also very shallow compared to normal finders.

7. AkaSnake

AkaSnake Member

Okay , so.. those rookie finders are for mining right? And what you're telling me is that those from Calypso have more durability?

8. Milena

Milena Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

not really.....rookie finder from caly are newcomer tools to find out how mining works with less coasts....and less finds usually.....but alot people use them for mining if the cant/want buy the better/normal equipment.....if you are lucky with them you can make a small profit to buy later better gear ;)

9. Neil

Rookie finders are like disposable finders. They only last for 13 ore and enmatter drops each. But they're also super cheap and decrease the hurdle of probes... for instance, you can spend 20 ped on probes and do quite a long mining run, whereas with a bigger finder you're going to be spending 200 ped for the same number of drops. The longer your run the better you balance out the odds that you'll get a decent return. You can go thru long stretches of NRFs (no resource found)... I think 26 NRFs in a row is my personal record. You'd lose 35 ped on that stretch of nothing using a regular unamped finder but only a few ped using rookies. I use rookie finders for mapping surface minerals. I got a Lyst IX yesterday using a rookie finder, which even though it was lyst, was still pretty awesome.

And of course they're good for getting the hang of mining and developing techniques that work, without spending a fortune on probes.

10. AkaSnake

AkaSnake Member

Okay thanks!

11. Sorven

Sorven Member

If you do want to try mining out cheaply, I brought some rookie finders back from Calypso, I can sell some to you for tt (the price I paid for them). We'd just have to work out a time to meet up.