1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Treasure, What Worth Is It.

Discussion in 'Treasure' started by Bandido, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Bandido

Bandido Member

I have been prospecting for a few weeks now all across Arkadia looking for all sorts of ores and treasures. the land has been gracius to me and I've been able to craft items of value with my claims minus the treasures which is something I am not sure what to do with. Besides gaining rank in Archeology. the cost of 60 probes seems to me too steep of a price to pay unless I can see a gain to these Fossil Tooth I have in my storage.

Can someone please give me hope my Treasures are valuable and take this feeling I have that all my works are for not. please tell me where, when and how can I put my jewels to good use.

2. Fiasco V

Fiasco V Member

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

All treasures are used. The "Part of" treasures are not used in very high volume (mostly in clothes) and will typically be TT'd by treasure miners. The others (including fossil tooth) are all used in crafting the Ark Keys, so they do have a steady demand (tho not a big market). I am one of the crafters who uses these materials.

I don't recommend treasure hunting if you're on a budget. There are several reasons for this. After a lot of treasure hunting--perhaps as much as anyone on ark--I don't feel that the TT return is as high as with ores and enmats. It's more in line with what I typically experience on Caly or RT. Another reason, of course, is that it's more expensive per drop than either ore or enmats. The last, and possibly most important reason... is that average markup is not as high as for ores and enmats, at least at the current time. When we have a run on keys, like after a VU, MU goes up.

Now, I do like to mine for treasure, but I consider that the money I lose on treasures is going to be balanced out by the profits I make on ore and enmat MU... so basically, I go treasure hunting for the materials I use in crafting and the hope of getting a nice SOOTO, maybe another Tall Urn or a nice armor or painting.

4. Bandido

Bandido Member

Thanks Fiasco and Neil for educating Me., The link is very useful and even though I do try to stay on a budget I've been probing for Treasure in the hope of finding a soooto as well. looks like I'll keep my fossil tooth because it will be needed very soon.