1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first space mob... oh the horror!

Discussion in 'Space' started by Neil, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I just ran into a pod of these critters out by Space station between Ark and FOMA. Killed 2, then went in for some screenshots. Love the name! L32 Cosmic Horror Young.

Location: outside SW edge of blue circle, down at about -2800 altitude.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Faye

Faye Member Pro Users

and you can kill them with guns on ships ?

and loot them ?

3. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Member

Wow m8! I wonder how much a Stalker would hit. :cool:

Attention all Citizens of Arkadia. Space is not as safe as before :p

4. Neil

Yep on both accounts. I got the feeling the heavy blp weapon did more damage than the explosives.... I ran out of explosives and moved to the other seat to finish one off at close range. :)

Oh, and I should mention that this is in the RED PVP zone, so watch out for pirates.

5. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Now, THIS makes PvP really interesting ... Do they arggo like normal mobs?

How to kill a PK - Arggo a group of mob like those crazy drivers on land, run off, and leave the mob to go after the PKer. :D:rolleyes::D

6. krm398

krm398 Member

Ah the sweet smell of repairs early in the morning..lol.

7. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Great, thanx for the pics!

8. Milesio

Milesio Platinum Member Platinum Member

You can change to gunner seat for shoot and pilot the ship same time? Good pics. System not let me give +rep.

9. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

and you have to kill it before it kills your ship as you cant "heal" in the middle of the fight, right?

And then return to base to "heal" before the next mob?

10. Neil

Right. Though I didn't actually try to repair the ship in flight.... i'll put that on my to do list!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

Yesterday, I got a chance to hunt these space-mobs on a Privateer ship (thanks Anhithe, Planet Express :) )

And what comes to aggro, seems that You have to shoot at it, to piss it off enough to aggro You. That's not the hard part... looting the carcass is! "failed to move within interaction range" over and over again.

Most frustrating was those occations that You missed the carcass and drove by it, that dead Cosmic Horror is literally scratching the ship, but still: "failed to move within interaction range" :/

... should've pulled out that healthbar, I know. I passed the Pilot seat to next crew-member and went down to do the ship-fappers duties. Thought that would be less stressing, but little did I know! :D

Fapper has to have that rk-5 equipped at all the times and some very quick turns from Reactor to Propulsion is a must, if wanting to keep that ship in one piece with one fapper alone. With two fappers, it gets easier for they can work as a team. Actually liked the ship-fapper post better than other jobs of a Privateer. Takes a sweaters patience to keep standy and alert for You're not able to see when the ship is attacking, and when it's just idling on the space and collecting those carcasses.

That was a fun trip and if anyone needs a ship-fapper for a Privateer or a Mothership, let me know :)

-- Hyssch --

ps. saw You Neil on Arkadia spacestation after we got shot down. You must've been on Your way to hunt these mobs at that time and we were just about to take off to our space-hunt with that Privateer.

12. Neil

It's not just the privateer. Even in a VTOL, it's tricky to collect loot. I got the failed interaction range notice once... the time the mob was killed far away from me. Right clicking "loot" did not bring me forward to the right position. I had to manually drive up, almost on top of the carcass, to collect the loot.

The hardest parts of hunting are that you can't repair the ship while in flight and you need to watch your back for pirates... so using a mothership as a mobile hunting base would be ideal!

13. T79x

T79x Adviser Arkadia Adviser

Ahh what a mob

Cryo chips I-III ,L
    ESI

ather 18h cammping wing ended whit 24,42/42 TT and gutling52 2,43/28TT and burn some 15 ped oil