1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My cargo spill out...

Discussion in 'New Player Discussions' started by Hyssch, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

I'm not that great with vehicles... my cargo spill out as a result of bad driving, crash landings etc...

There are now 120 Rookie Finders on 6 Academy / 20 finder each, on the ground.

Cant remember exactly, but they are all within Academy walls :)

I like mining and since there are no rookie equipment on Arkadia atm, thought I rather drop mine than sell or use them myself. Happy treasure-hunting...

More of these "accidents" happened with my boat on that lake north of 184/102 Outpost (10 finders) and also at Sanctuary Cove harbor (10 finders), some 10 finders are also found on an island on one of those lakes between Taipan and Cobra digsites.

Then I happened to fly south-west of Fearless Firebase Academy. Spotted an orange dot on my map, dropped my altitude to take a closer look and guess what... crashlanded somewhere straight west of it. Orange dot was still visible on my map, lost some 10 finders there aswell, but what do You know... I got killed right after. I placed 10 finders on that outpost where You land if You get revived near that orange dot on map :)

I visited also Prospectors Seclusion... miners capital! 2 randomly chosen buildings have now 10 finders each :)

Lost 10 more finders south-west of Cheetahs Digsite. Got scared the sight of those Korwills and dropped them on the ground.

Then I thought that maybe some cool swim at 8Coins HQ would help, but lost 2 x 10 finders on those waters near TP

That's when I thought, that maybe better take a brake and come back tomorrow. Couldn't trust any items on my hands and trusted my driving skills even less! :D

-- Hyssch --

Ps. One more academy added with 20 Rookie finders. I also fooled around Celeste Harbor with my VTOL... landed on top of buildings and placed 4 x 10 finders and always on 3rd or 6th floor.

So there's a total of 260 Rookie-finders out there...

Noob-Event Part II / 15-06-2011

There is one thing about event's that I do find a bit of a let-down. You always discover them "too-late" or items for prices are always given away already.

For that reason, I made this "Noob-Evant" with two phases, one is already behind and the last part... is now :)

Original Post, just got new content added to it:

8Coins Town (Miners Seclusion) has now 60 new Rookie-finders placed on town buildings on various floors.

Celeste Harbour TP has 50 Rookie Finders placed, so that the TP stays within the 1st circle of Your radar.

Celeste Harbour South has 50 Rookie Finders placed, so that the TP stays within the 1st circle of Your radar.

Then I met few days old noob (at least she said she was) Leah Leemur Perry at Celeste Harbour North and gave her plenty of mining equipment, just to get a feeling of what mining is all about. Finders, excavators, probes etc. She found "tons" of stuff from the ground... so she told me. I hope we got a one miner more on Arkadia :p

(I told her to join Arkadia Forums and Arkadia Pioneers also, but she thought we would be mean to her on Forums and societies would take her freedom, so if You see her here on Arkadia forums or get an application to Arkadia Pioneers... please, don't frighten her any more that she is atm :p )

I placed some 40 Rookie-Finders nearby the Celeste Harbour North TP, so that the TP stays within the 1st circle of Your radar.

Celeste Harbour Military HQ got 40 finders placed near TP aswel, like the other Celeste TP's did, so that the TP is always within Your inner circle on radar.

5 Firebase Academys got a 10 Rookie-Finders refill each :)

@Jun, I've sent You a PM with coords to a place with 10 Rookiea-Finders (last ones I had) + 100probes and 1 Extractor, so don't feel sorry for not finding any, drop those probes and I hope You find something, if it's a red dot, then I hope You die gracefully :)

-- Hyssch --

Total of Rookie Finders given out on this event: 530 + some few hunderd probes and few extractors. I only wish that this would bring some new miners to Arkadia, to support the crafters and new players of which would deposit to this game, to boost up the ingame economy of Arkadia and eventually... help us other miners out there! :)

Wish I could do more, but my ped-card disagrees with me atm.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Telgard

Telgard Member

LoL Nice noob event :D Lmao

3. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Great initiative, good luck to the newcomers in finding them :)

4. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Indeed, a most commendable effort. +rep

5. Cyborg Bill

Cyborg Bill Well-Known Member Pro Users

Nice one!!! Thats a fair amount of time and effort and ped to hand out to random people to promote more active play here.
    I have to give you all my giveable rep points for the day for that.

6. malasuerte

malasuerte Active Member

Great effort +rep.

One question. Do the rookie finders can use regular bombs now? I ask because when they were first implemented they could only use rookie probes/bombs.

7. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

Yes, they use regular probes and amounts used are 1/2/3

Thanks for the +Rep's and nice comments :)

Reason why I left those finders 10 or 20 in one place is that one finder has so few uses, if You do ores/enmatters at the same time. So really no point dropping just one here and there. I was hoping that who ever finds a stack of those finders can make at least one decent length minin-run and not just a few drops and "Oh, so this is mining... didn't find any".

-- Hyssch --

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jun

Jun Member

Didn't find any ):

9. narfi

narfi Active Member Pro Users

Great idea, good luck to the new treasure hunters :)

narfi

10. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

You're worse than Hugh and his ticket he loses every week!
    :D

Tippin'

11. Stagger

Stagger Member

a very nice noob event :D

12. Suu Miles

Suu Miles Member

Very nice idea! Wonder if the add it/hide it or whatever it is called will be started here as well :)

(+rep whenever I can do that eventually)

13. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

Sorry to hear that. Someone must have picked them already. Where did You look for them?

-- Hyssch --

14. Faye

Faye Member Pro Users

Yeah to the OP

I want to make a complaint. I keep tripping over those damn finders !! I broke my nose last dive I made . You will hear from my lawyer !!!

+rep for the event

15. soltysek

soltysek New Member

I found 10 finder in 8 cent harbour :)

16. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

Hey Hyssch by any chance you drop any Level 5 Seeker Amps also. I sure could use some of them :p

Great way to help out new miners +rep to you.

17. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

Heheh... If I get that ATH that entitles for a Mothership, then I might, but looks like my pedcard still disagrees with me atm. :p

@ Soltysek - Gratz! There are still some of those stacks of finders out there, so keep on looking ;)

-- Hyssch --

18. Golddude

Golddude Member

19. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

There is one thing about events that I do find a bit of a let-down. You always discover them "too-late" or items for prices are always given away already.

For that reason, I made this "Noob-Evant" with two phases, one is already behind and the last part... is now :)

Original Post, just got new content added to it:

8Coins Town (Miners Seclusion) has now 60 new Rookie-finders placed on town buildings on various floors.

Celeste Harbour TP has 50 Rookie Finders placed, so that the TP stays within the 1st circle of Your radar.

Celeste Harbour South has 50 Rookie Finders placed, so that the TP stays within the 1st circle of Your radar.

Then I met few days old noob (at least she said she was) at Celeste Harbour North and gave her plenty of mining equipment, just to get a feeling of what mining is all about. Finders, excavators, probes etc. She found "tons" of stuff from the ground... so she told me. I hope we got a one miner more on Arkadia :p

I placed some 40 Rookie-Finders nearby the Celeste Harbour North TP, so that the TP stays within the 1st circle of Your radar.

Celeste Harbour Military HQ got 40 finders placed near TP aswel, like the other Celeste TP's did, so that the TP is always within Your inner circle on radar.

5 Firebase Academys got a 10 Rookie-Finders refill each :)

@Jun, I've sent You a PM with coords to a place with 10 Rookiea-Finders (last ones I had) + 100probes and 1 Extractor, so don't feel sorry for not finding any, drop those probes and I hope You find something, if it's a red dot, then I hope You die gracefully :)

-- Hyssch --

20. AudenKlath

AudenKlath New Member

Hey Hyssch,

I specifically wanted to sign up to this forum to let you know how much I appreciate the opportunity you have single-handedly provided myself and my fellow new players.

I was able to procure a few of your Genesis Rookie Finders, which enabled me to take a stab at mining, to give me a break from sweating. Well, I must say, it was quite enjoyable! It is definitely something I want to pursue now. I will be looking into depo'ing some funds so that I can continue.

So thank you very much for creating this "event" for newer folk like me!
    If your goal was to show new players a different side of the game, you've succeeded in my eyes. :D

-A

• Like Like x 1