1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muscle Oil - Arkadia Does Not Loot!

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by ClarkKent, Sep 23, 2011.

1. Spike Black

Spike Black Active Member

I looted some from the fish around Sanctuary Bay. But even though they're lvl5 they've got more HP than a L9 Halix.

If sort of makes sense, if it's used in low level bp's so much that it's in the low level mobs.

2. Mordrell

Mordrell Active Member Pro Users

Hunting jori domi-stalker I get all the muscle oil I need for my crafting needs.

3. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

It's good that you have few needs :)

4. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Don't import muscle oil. Organize jori hunts.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Strash

Strash Member

Next island drops alot there...... hmmm planet is close....... clever strash Clever..

6. BB BB Punisher

BB BB Punisher Member

Yes Arkadia needs muscle oil still. I'm tired of asking for it :) hehe

7. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

Vouch.
    :/

Tippin'

8. David | Arkadia

David | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Muscle Oil cannot just be added to a mob without changing a great deal of a creatures loot and a change in the stats. Which makes it a rather big challenge for us. In effect we need to add a new creature that drops muscle oil in a future update. At this stage I cannot say how soon that will be.

In the mean time it's up to enterprising individuals to supply the Arkadian market, assuming not enough is being looted from Jori.

9. Spike Black

Well recently muscle oil has stopped dropping from jori for me in any usefull quantities i.e. after 4 or 5 kills I might get 1 even from the old alpha and stalkers. It may just be my bad loot period has taken hold as before i was getting 2-3 ped stacks quite often. Right now most of my loot appears to be eye oil, animal oil residue and green paint :(

Why not add it to halix, as it's a slightly higher mob, instead of some of the worthless paint it drops. Just how much green paint are we using on Ark? It drops from all the low level mobs from what I can tell.

May be MA have decided muscle oil is one of the resources that will be traded between planets and are forcing it. I do know people are bringing it in from Calypso but then that means any ped spent buying it leaves the planet and also forces the price up as people try to recover their pvp loses and transport costs. Or the alternative, the crafter leaves Ark for Calypso.

10. Lazz

Lazz Active Member

Yea we need muscle oil and lots of it pls ;)

11. Oleg

Oleg Active Member

Given that on Calypso muscle oil drops from mobs as diverse as Snablesnot, Scipulor and Aurli, I don't really understand what the problem could be.

12. malasuerte

malasuerte Active Member

I know this won't be a popular idea, but please bear in mind that is just a TEMPORARY solution until the current problems are fixed:

How about spawning on Arkadia some shared mobs that drop muscle oil (combibo, turp, etc.) this would also help a little bit with the other issue here with all the useless texture blueprints droping on Arkadia a the moment.

As soon as the new arkadian mobs that drop muscle oil are created and the rate of blueprint drops is adjusted you can put all those nasty shared beasts on a rocket and shoot them back to Calypso and we will forget this unfortunate event ever happened :D.

Make it an event, like a dimensional portal just oppened and we have a migration of weird creatures at Arkadia.

Again, please don't shoot me :D. This would only be a TEMPORARY solution until the necessary steps to fix things properly can be taken

Did I mention this would be temporary?

ok, thanks for reading.

Temporary

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Temporary, always have a tendency to not be so temporary and if they would do this imagine the cries when they remove them again.

So I fear it wont be a temporary thing if you let this Calypso mobs come here, dont let them get over to our planet because who knows what will happen to our own flora and fauna...

But the more I think about this not being able to add it to some existing mob without changing the loot tables, how did they add the beauty products back into mobs now? (as I think they loot that again now, or MF (L) chips)

14. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Yeah my bs detector is starting to fire.

15. Spike Black

they only reduced the amount dropping, not removed it. I've got makeup that I looted in vu10 and vu11 but I didn't loot any in vu9.

I think it's more to do with MA balancing than anything else. Keep required resources in low supply forcing people to transport it through space. I know of one person transporting it but they're stopping because the profit has gone and often they don't get a sale on the auction after 7 days.

16. aj502

aj502 Active Member Pro Users

Hm...That sounds kind of familiar.

Oleg is a genius!

Tippin'

17. remontoire

remontoire Member

Quite possibly what inhouse vs partner tools let you do. Its not as if we really needed Rextelums to drop loads of muscle oil.