1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More boat / Ships / water craft vehicles

Discussion in 'Wishlist' started by Darkkangelunit, May 31, 2013.

1. Darkkangelunit

Darkkangelunit Member

okay so I got this idea after I purchased my first boat and took it out for a ride out on the water in Ark. The view riding out on the water is amazing and I'm wondering to myself "why are there not any other boat's or ships to enjoy this?" so yeah I do think there should be some more boat types and ships even yachts, that way thoughs marinas and ship ports can be put to actual use.

There are so many things to do out on the water,and its so much fun to ride and speed across the water and even venture off to a secluded island to have a beach party,that its just sad that there aren't any other boat types like speed boat's, yachts and even House boat's.

I mean come on we already have land that we can buy apartments that we can buy, spaceships that we can buy, mothership that we can buy and a whole bunch of other things that's purchasable. so why not just add more boats?

You know you've always wanted a yacht :) or party out on the water, hell even add a new profession call fishing similar to mining but you're on a boat and using a fishing pole. :p I'm just throwing ideas out there.I really think this would make the game much more enjoyable. So what do you think?

2. Bandido

Bandido Member

I agree !!

Arkadia could design their own fishing boats, speedsters and yachts. make a deal with companies like Abu Garcia to craft fishing rods and fish can spawn like all the fruit does only more often and fishing bait can be sold at the TT just like probes and ammo. have more sea mobs other than Jori. it can be a great white shark or an amphibious creature like a alligator.or hippo.

I really enjoy swimming around Celeste and feel all them ports are going to waiste. they could be full of party boats with avatars wearing newly crafted beach wear

3. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I'd love to see more boats... and more water on Arkadia. I loved using my boat on Calypso but found that there wasn't too much use for it here (not much water).

Would love to see fishing too...

4. Lardinho

Lardinho Member

All Celeste Harbour rooftop residents should get a small area of the marina in which to dock their desires boats. Arkadia only boats would be awesome, could take people out on fishing trips if the desire is there should fishing be introduced.

5. Kitten

Kitten Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I would LOVE a speed boat that's hyper fast I would totally take noobies around in that instead of my quad wing then :D Especially if it can be as impressive as my naglfar :D

6. Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer

Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer Member

Fishing would be nice but when you can swim and shoot them with a gun its kinda pointless :cool:

Still, I could see a whole other trading/manufacturing area added with fishing implemented. Has it been suggested to the devs yet?

7. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Oh yeah, Fishing is an "old bone" that gets chewed on around the forums every so often over the years....I believe it was one of the brainwaves of an old MA/FPC/SDS employee.....same person that coined the (evil) word "dynamic" in regards to EU....

It's one of a few things (Ahhhh, the Egg! :D) that have become a bit of a running "in-joke" over the years...You'll read plenty on them as you get more involved in the forums.

8. SLD

SLD Member

Fishing you say? Check out this blog 'Content of Oblivion', along with many other long gone and lost EU ideas/concepts, it also talks about a Fishing system. Very interesting page, I spent quite awhile looking through (and laughing at) all the stuff there.

http://content-of-oblivion.blogspot.de/

I think fishing would be kinda cool, a nice and relaxing activity. Give me a good reason to go exploring distance coastlines, to find the "good spot" where the fish are biting. :D

9. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Ah yes McCormick.....He's a legend in these here parts ;) Dead set he is one of the funniest people I have ever had the pleasure to (virtually) meet. His warped sense of humour and videos of all things EU are the stuff of legend, but it may not make much in the way of sense for a lot of our newer players.

10. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

I did see a new NPC at Boreas on Calypso who is standing at a table with a fishing rod and a few fish on the table. I think fishing is a passion for Kim|Calypso, so we may see a fishing update in the future that may be applicable to Arkadia. Would hope the create the beer esky to go with it though! :)

11. Bandido

Bandido Member

Very interesting Oblivion Blog. seems like the typical over promise-under deliver from MA or the "don't count your chickens until they hatch" comes to mind.

Well, I would hope that the A-Team will see the blog and learn from it. but I would ask regular players if they prefer to stand infront of a mob as they try to sweat it or be on a boardwalk somewhere with a rod and reel trying to get a bite and the result will be of equal value as sweat.

To be honest I don't even like fishing in real life but that's what virtual worlds are for; do things you wouldn't dream of doing in real life.

12. SLD

SLD Member

I don't think it would be a free activity, like sweating.

I can imagine it like this... You buy a fishing rod, each one with varying stats, to catch larger and larger fish perhaps as you level up. You goto the TT machine and buy some bait which would be like 1ped each or something. Then you cast out, and wait if nothing bites you try again with new bait. Then when you do catch something it would be worth like 3ped or so. Essentially like mining, where you get something 25% of the time but what you get is greater than 1 drop. Of course the real question is, what do you do with the fish? I suppose if we had pet taming we could feed it to our pet, or perhaps use it to tame them in the first place. I also think it would be very cool, if you could find items while fishing. You know... like "Wow you found a piece of Armor at the bottom of the lake" type thing.

13. Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer

Dwarf Simeron Steelhammer Member

"As of May 2013, Kim said in an interview, that the fishing-system as well as
    the taming system only exists on paper. No ETA!"

If it only exists on paper right now I wouldn't think it is going to make it into the game before 2014 at the earliest, maybe 2015...if at all.

Sad really.