1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watch This MOLPoint deposits into Entropia

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Cyrus, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Hi Arkadians,

Recently there has been discussion about the cost of depositing via the recently introduced method of using MOLPoints, from www.mol.com.

Concerns have been raised about the cost of depositing with this method, so I wanted to address this.

The cost

When you deposit using your MOLPoints, a 25% fee is charged by MOL.

For example, depositing 1 US Dollar gives 7.5 PED.

How MOL works

The exchange rate between MOLPoints and the player's local currency is different from country to country. Players with MOL accounts are offered specials from time to time, and can collect MOLPoint bonuses through various means. They can then deposit with those points into over 200 different games.

Depositing options

Depositing via MOL is currently not an option with the in-game interface. There are two ways to deposit:

The first is explained at the MOL site here.

The second is directly at the Entropia Universe site (which you have to log in to) here.

During both processes, the depositor needs to confirm on two separate occasions the amount of PED they are receiving in exchange for the amount of USD they are paying.

Reason

Please be aware that the primary purpose of the MOLPoints option is to open up Entropia to players who would otherwise have no payment options.

As we mentioned in the press release, it is not actually that common for young people in Asia to have a credit card. MOLPoints gives them an easy option that they are used to. It is also worth noting that these players (numbering in the millions!) are very much used to paying to play other game with MOLPoints already, with a similar fee being charged by MOL along the way, without ever expecting to be able to withdraw. The possibility of withdrawing again will most likely be new to most MOL customers.

MOLPoints is simply one more depositing option, but one that powerfully opens up Entropia to a wider audience who would otherwise not have access.

Having gone over the process again in response to your feedback, we believe the disclosure of costs during the depositing process is adequate in its own context. However, we could see that addressing it directly here for you would be helpful, so that is what I've done today.

Thanks as always for your concern. I know it comes from a place of loving the game and wanting it to be a good experience for everyone, and so it's great when you let us know how we're doing.

2. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

Thank you, Cyrus!

Just something left that I don't understand yet - the withdrawal. Is it possible to withdraw to MOL points?
    (I admit that I may be too stupid, and haven't found yet any info about, due too this ...)

A way to manage the input/ output of EU without using bank accounts/ credit cards would be highly welcome!

Background:
    Some years ago I noticed a quite wealthy player from mainland China (PRC) selling out. Due to my informations it wasn't possible for him to do this using a regular bank account, for whatever reason. Thus it was done, to my knowledge, doing smaller deals by "Item -> Real money", what is highly dangerous and maybe even a reason for getting banned.
    (For sure I didn't participate in it, and, sorry, I have forgotten who it was and what was sold - it's a long time ago ...)

Similar issues I'd have. Self-employed in Western Europe, with tax office monitoring my bank accounts. Not constantly, but any tax office investigator checking my book keeping would have insight. Into all of my bank accounts and credit card actions. And they come every few years.
    Having any undeclared/ untaxed income (or expense) would make them highly suspicious, especially if this would come from a video game, I'd have a massive problem. How to prove that I play only from the 1 private computer that I don't declare for tax relief? They'd assume that I'd use my phat costly work station, too, and my phat dedicated leased SDSL instead of the tiny cheap backup ADSL I'm actually using.
    They'd challenge my tax declaration, assume the worst case, and I'd have a really hard time to rebut 'em. This must not happen.

Have fun!

3. Few Scars

Few Scars Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Arkadia Adviser

Thats interesting I guess, I would hope the exchange rate with Australia is favourable.If

I depo $10 USD with my credit card, my bank takes 30 cents in Internationaltransaction fees and MindArk takes 35 cents, so for a $10 depo I lose 65 cents,effectively depositing $9.35, which is only a 6.5% cost to depo overall. So my$1USD gives 9.65Ped after MA fees and my bank takes 0.30Ped out of my account essentially.

I would have to see if the MOLPoint bonuses make a 25% fee worth it in the longrun? I guess we will see how this works once it is introduced. At the end of the day, players are trying to get as close to 100% of their cash ingame, lower fees the better.

4. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Guys,

I think we need to view this as a way for people without credit cards to participate. I think our existing deposit methods are much more attractive but if those methods are not an option this allows more people to play and deposit.

5. Coal

Coal New User

Why ins't this displayed

Sorry for thread necromancy, but.....

Why isn't this displayed on the Entropia Universe page where it directs you to Deposit MOLs. If I go to make a Credit Card transaction I am warned ahead of time of the fee. It's only after I deposited my $100 into MOL to deposit into the game that I learn I just gave $25 away for nothing.

Did I miss it somewhere?

6. Alins

Alins New Member

I just made a deposit from MOL to Entropia Universe. The deposit was for $80 and after I made the payment I got an email from Entropia Universe which basically shows that only $60 was deposited and $20 is a deposit fee. So, instead of 800 PED I only got 600 PED. Outrageous.

7. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Alina,
    In the very first post of this very old thread it is clearly stated that MOL charge 25% of your deposit.
    Don't use MOL unless you have no other way of depositing.

KikkiJikki