1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mob Levels

Discussion in 'Creatures' started by Jenny ferr, Jul 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmaJ

ArmaJ New Member

For me i say yes. I see mob level to tell me if they hard hiter or not i think.

2. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

ArmaJ, it doesnt really tell you that anyway. It's not really clear just what the level indicates.

If you want to know if a particular mob is a hard hitter or high hp or whatever, best bet is to note the name and go to http://www.entropedia.info/Chart.aspx?chart=Mob

This will give you as much info has we have been able to work out.

Regards,
    KikkiJikki

3. Xandra

Xandra Active Member Pro Users

Hi,

voted "No" because:

^^ This.

Besides of it I cannot see any real benefit in the level numbers. Wasn't it always a crucial part of the game to learn to know your enemy?

Why dumb it down this way? Why copy this from other games?

Have a good time!

4. MaxMoon

MaxMoon Member

Does a scanner show how much sweat is available on a mob, if not then it would be helpfull for me for it to, then I might invest in a scanner, as sweating the same mob is a little tedious :(

ty Fopsie

5. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

Hi Max, till MA someday add this to the scanner you can check www.Entropedia.info for information on ammount of sweat a mob carries. It appears to be 1 bottle of sweat for 1 point of HP on a mob. For example the Puny mobs have only 10 HP and from what I have seen from tests only carries 10 bottles of sweat. Teladon young has 2k hp and should carry 2k sweat on it.

Now on the subject of mob Lvl I think MA could have done a better job with making the mob lvl's understandable. Currently the mob lvl appears to be a combination of mob HP / Damage / Attack speed and running speed and perhaps something els like HP regen rate. The way the mob lvl is setup is actualy kind of useless as it does not tell you if you will be able to take on the mob or not so you may be able to take on a LVL10 of one kind of mob but fail horrably on another LVL10 mob like not being able to outdamage its hp regen rate or survive a few blows.

• Like Like x 1
  6. harmony

harmony Active Member Pro Users

Well to me the level indicator is not helpful. But i guess it will helpful for some new players, they will know to avoid anything above level 50.
    The problem is that it isn't well implemented on any planet (for example on calypso an allophyl young has a much higher level then a formidon old). I think the level mainly looks at how much health a mob has, and not at its damage, attack speed or hit rate. So some tweaking could be done to improve the feature.

But since it might be useful to other players, i see no need in removing it.

7. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

New players can barely handle 20+, let alone 50+. I'm with you though on the addition of the warning label, I feel it wasn't vital to improving the game.

8. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

Seen on my vacation on Calypso now that Cornundacauda young is L5, so 150hp mob that do 15-20dmg(?) is L5 while Carabok on Arkadia is L10 and have 10hp and do max 3dmg. And Cornundacauda young got a high aggro too...

Probably see alot more weird stuff like this even compered to their "own" mobs before my vacation is up and I return to Arkadia...

9. MG Mighty

MG Mighty Member

Mob level are useful in ROCKtropia
    But even there are a true mess.

Usefulness a mob that doesn't show maturities but has many variations (plenty examples on Humanoid:ROCKtropia beat Cop; Stereo Jacker; ...)

But if you complain they are hard to understand then try this:
    ROCKtropian can either L4 or L10, with same stats on scanner and so far I haven't notice any difference. There is also another Mob that sometimes appears after the kill of one of those which show L4 ??? and has same stats of one of the previous.

About order on levels
    The Harlem Hustler puzzles me;
    Code:
    L7              L8
    Tough         Medium
    Limited        Small
    31              31
    30              30
    34              34
    25              21
    45              45

Sure would like to know the justification

10. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

*Thread Moved*

11. Foolscap

Foolscap Member

^THIS!!

I newly arrived at Arkadia, thankfully I was able to find out through Jenny what a comparable mob was to the lvl 5-9 Corns I was hunting on Calypso. After trying a few different ones, I finally got into the Hadraada, which are about twice the level of Corns , but tend to put up a similar fight.

From what I can tell the lowest mobs I've seen start with level 10, maybe I'm in the wrong areas, but I'm just going on the assumption that you drop about 10 levels from the mob and you get something within 1-2 levels of what you might be used to on Calypso.

At any rate, this might not be a big issue for some, and yes experience is the best determination especially once you factor in your personal dodge skills and armor types. I still look to them as a general guideline, saves me some wear and tear when exploring new areas and wondering if I can take on creature type X.

Also, thanks again Jenny for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.