1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mining event for new players - win 1000 ped!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by BlackHawk, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

That reminded me... a lot of my finds are unknowns. Is it ok to capture the loot window instead of the claim deed?

2. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

If you get an unknown claim and you don't extract it all in one shot the claim deed information updates with the statistics of the claim. I use the tt extractors still just so I can see the sizes of claims for unknown ones more often. There are still a few of the claims that extract in one shot but I can live with not capturing that info myself, being it was not beneficial to me and no-one else wants to see that data anyways :D

But yes if this is for new players I can see that as an issue as they want to get the number of claims listed with these unknown claims as fast as they can.

3. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Member

Without the loot deed things will become messy. And I know how the problem is with finding unknown claims. I wish there was an easier way to do it.
    I could say yes for having the claim deed with unknown + the loot window in the same screen... what do you say about that?

Well... the problem is with the number of claims. If we will not base all on auction, then all the resources in that thread need to be found. That is 67 ores and enmaters. Adomasite is not rare. It can be found with f-103 finder even. Any deeper finder will find more of it. Same with kanerium for example.
    If and when treasures will be added, they become part of the game. If someone wins the contest before that happens, he wins with 0 treasures.

Tell me what you think about that so far.

And I feel I must give a minimum info to all of the new miners...
    There are several mining classes, based on depth. Most of the ores and enmater can be reached with basic finders. Once you go deeper, you start finding more stuff. You would be amazed how much stuff you can find with relatively low level finders.
    F-104 depth range can see as deep as kaneriu, adomasite, azzurdite and such. F-105 depth can see gold, valurite and that class of ores. Even ruga and xere. But rare. Also, f-106 can see even more of the rares. If you add more depth enhancers, you can even find redulite, and that is the hardest resource to find. Dunno is on Arkadia.. it may be.

The thing is that the limited finders out there that are deeper than any of those that I listed can find almost everything and the effort to max them is minimum. Anyone who wants to play the game can and will max Tk120 for example. I know people like to complain a lot about skill speed and lot of other things. But the reality is that is just not that hard as many like to show it to be. In fact is a lot easier, and my wish is for most of you to figure it out.

4. KMax

Yes, I would agree to loot window with unknown size deed and extracted resources in it to show what was extracted as a solution, position would be available with the p key statistics in chat. Then you know when where and what was extracted can somewhat determine approx size by amount of resources in the loot window.

5. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Member

Well... the contest will be amongst participants... so if they are fine with that, is good for me. Like I said, you will be your own jury. You will check to make sure your posting is okay and your competition is respecting the rules.
    Please be fair.

We will have the first post edited with the rules once we all agree on what it should be. in the mean time, if you think of something else that could help, please share.

6. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

I don't have a problem with it. If someone wanted to be perverse and manipulate their location data, they could do it with full, known claims (I was going to say how, but maybe better not to, lol). So I think it's fine to take snapshots of loot windows when you have an unknown claim. They are claims and they do give you position data just as well as the other ones. This is the kind of contest that relies upon people playing fairly any way you look at it.

7. KMax

Ya totally true Neil, I will only use claims that are of known types myself. I'll be out mining anyways, this is just something to also do along the way. :)

8. KMax

9. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

in the "Manage Attachments" where you added the pics to your post, if you look at the bottom of the window where the recently uploaded attachments show, you will see each has a little tick selector. Select the ones you want to appear in the post and then click "Place Inline" which you should see next to the "Done" button. Hope this helps. If not, PM me and I'll send you a more comprehensive set of instructions.

10. KMax

11. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Have a look at this and it may help further. What you are already doing is fine though if you find this link I've given doesn't help.

12. KMax

• Like Like x 1
  13. KMax

14. KMax

15. KMax

16. KMax

17. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Member

Okay, good luck finding more claims. If no other comments about the rules will be made, I will edit the opening post with the final state of the rules.

I do hope more people will join in.

• Like Like x 1
  18. KMax

So do I, if nothing else this gives up and coming miners a great introduction to claim mapping for future mining. I have never done this type of tracking before and it is much better then my old method, it involved way to much paperwork...

Plus it also adds a lot of excitement to mining. I hope Silvia and Neil get back in to keep me on my toes and struggling to catch up.

19. KMax

20. KMax