1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melee all the Way! 2017

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Ardorj, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Ardorj

Ardorj Active Member Pro Users

Mêlée all the Way! 2017 : friday 17th Feb. - sunday 19th Feb.

Hello my fellow Arkadians, Mêlée-fans, and wannabees,

I did a 24 Hours Mêlée all the Way! twice now. First in 2015, second in 2016 (click on the links for the threads). This time it will be a little bit different, because frankly speaking gaming for 24 hours is not good for my mind and body. That's why the Mêlée all the Way! is now a weekend, wich I've set at 17.02.2017 to 20.02.2017. Of course, I won't be online the entire time, so I've split the event in three parts.
    But first some general information. It will go the basicly the same way as the 2015 and 2016 Edition:

:artist: General Information, I will ...
    1) ... start at different times, lasting also different hours. See further below for what time each day.
    2) ... make a team "Arkadia Mêlée all the Way 2017!" where everyone* who wants to can join me. As long as one uses a mêlée weapons that's fine by me, ie. it's a public 'free event'.
    * One day is more geared towards beginners, another for the pro's.
    3) ... hunt only using mêlée, not even a tagging-weapon if that can be avoided. Only I will use some kind of tagger, in case the mobs we are hunting are too agressive, or when needed otherwise.
    4) ... hunt on Planet Arkadia and the Underground.
    5) ... do my best so that you can win the following: a) Fun! b) Friends! c) Mêlée skills and unlocks! d) New level in Mêlée-prostandings! e) New Mêlée weapons!
    6) ... hunt and global on as many creatures as possible.

:borg: The event-rules are not too complicated:
    1) Every-one is invited. Have fun and invite your friends to share the fun. One day is more suitable for those with no or little mêlée skills, others for those with more.
    2) Team-rules will be set to 'Damage, stack share' and the sharing of (good) items is encouraged. Last year included by cruelty only ranged weapons such as Piron PBR-22/32 (L), Piron PLP-27/37 (L), Piron PLR-42 (L), S & B Ardenner 25 (L), Headshot IV (L), Piron PBP-32 (L).
    3) Your skills and gear don't matter, it's cool wether you use a MAKO FAL-1 from the TT, or an über weapon, tier 8.x with enhancers, Trauma Amp and stuff. (Again, depending on the day)
    4) Only use mêlée weapons, shooting is a capital offense!
    6) To try to get globals from as many Arkadian creatures as possible. We globaled on 12 out of 18 different mobs the first time. And again 11 different mobs in 20 hunts in 2016.
    7) When there's no-body to hunt with me I'll open a nice bottle of beer and pretend to have friends.

I noticed that things can be unclear while talking ingame about the Hours Mêlée all the Way! Therefore I've now included a ...
    :cautious: Frequently Asked Questions:
    Q: When does is the starttime?
    A: There are three start times. For friday, saturday, and sunday. See further below for more details.
    Q: I can't hunt for 24 hours, that's far too long!
    A: That was in 2015 and 2016, silly.
    Q: I can only use a MAKO FAL-TT (L), can I still join?
    A: Yes you can! Dmg/sec is not important because the loot-distribution is set to 'Damage, stack share'. That means that when you do only 1% of the dmg, you'll get only 1% of the stackables. In fact, friday is specially for those who can only use (or want to) TT-Mêlée!
    Q: What can I win in this event?
    A: Nothing. It's not such an event, it's an event to have fun and hunt with other mêlée-fans in a team. Don't let that discourage you though, the first edition of the WOF made by Hurricane were done in the same way. The 24 Hours Mêlée all the Way! is about coming together as mêlée-hunters.
    Q: Why can't I use a tagger?
    A: Because that's why. When I started this game - 12 years ago now - I said to myself to only use mêlée-weapons. I made the mistake to buy a Sollomate Opalo when that item was introduced, yet I still hunt ~88% mêlée only. Tagging is for wossies who are afraid they can get hurt.
    Q: Do you need a healer?
    A: Needed = no. Welcome = yes. Everyone is entitled to take care of his/her own health. That includes armour, and combat fap. If you want to, you can join as a healer, but it will be entirely on your own cost. I will not set a healers share in the team rules.
    Q: What is the estimated cost to join?
    A: That depends entirely on yourself ofcourse, what weapon will you use and how long will you join the hunt? To give you an idea, hunting for one hour with the MAKO FAL-TT (L) at constant slashing: 33 attacks/min * 60 = 1980 attacks/hour ; 2,65 PEC/use /100 = 0,0265 PED/ use ; 1980 * 0,0265 = 52,47 PED. Last year I spended, including defense-costs, a little over 3100 PED, and before that less then 4100 PED.
    Q: Where do I apply?
    A: You don't have to, it's nice if you leave a note that you want to of course! During the hunts I'll try to spam Ark.chat regularily what we are hunting and give the coords. You can also add me ingame, look for Bregi Ardorj-Njarr.
    Q: You have such a difficult name! How should I call you?
    A: Ardorj, that's not too difficult when you try it a few times haha. Ard for sure is oké too.

1. Friday 17th February : TT-Mêlée
    The first night is for those with little or no mêlée skills to try it out. A good team can, even with only simple TT-weapons, take down quite some strong mobs. Think like Wombana, Hadraada, Nusul, Otorugi.
    For those with 10 Strenght or less I have a free MANTA K-TT (L) to hunt with!
    Start: 19:00 MA-Time.
    End: ~22:00 MA-Time.
    Special rule: Use the Mêlée weapons from the TT only! Feel free to use one from a different planet if you want.

2. Saturday 18th February : >28dmg/sec
    For the second night I set a minimum damage output at a theoretical 28dmg/sec. That is the same as a Lokabhu Electrifier Sword with Melee Trauma I. You can check your own dmg/sec on Entropedia.

Start: 14:00 MA-Time.
    End: when I want to go to bed. (dinner break included)
    Special rule: Only hunt those mobs with level 30+.

3. Sunday 19th February : Free for all
    This day it won't matter what kind of weapon and outfit you use. Use your TT-blade like friday, or your super-duper sword like saturday.

Start: 13:00 MA-Time.
    End: ~21:30 MA-Time. (dinner break included)
    Special rule: Hunt the mobs that we couldn't global on first!

And just like last time ... things are subject to change!

Sharpen your blades! Loves,
    Ardorj :D:pigeon::battleroar::devilish::x3::coldfeet:

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  2. Ardorj

Yestereve was the start of the MatW! Many came to join the Nusul hunt around Celeste Outpost, so we changed the location for a little bit more of a challenge and went for Event Area #4 to hunt Nusul and Bokol.
    There were quite many in the team who I gave a TT-knife to hunt with. Their weapons broke down, and some of them didn't had a replacement, so the team shrank in size to 4 or 5 mêlée-hunters. But some others joined again, we changed location again to Machinery Plant to go hunt the toughest Nusuls.

PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-17 21-54-31.jpg
    It was a great start! It had lots of fun -right before the start I got way too many PM's from people asking me if they could join and such lol!- and I'm looking forward to what today will bring.
    Thank you all for joining the first evening! :thumbsup::cautious::blackalien:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ardorj

It's now sunday morning. The second day of the Mêlée all the Way! has been going on till about 2 O'clock at night.
    To call it a succes (or failure) I think one can consider three things: I. the size of the team; II. how much fun we have; III. all the global we can score. I. Has been accomplised, with a max size of 8 mêlée hunters going at the Navies. II. Has been met for me, and I hope for the others who took part as well. III. What's a global again? We got only five, where last here we had ~15 in the same time-span! Of those five globals there was one with 100% stacks, just at the moment when I was adding a new member to the team -nothing for me. Another that killed me after <5 cuts with 100% stacks that gave me 2,02PED. A third, the best yet, while I was showing off my supreme heli-flying skills to three others, the other members globalled on one of the first Togo-kills. That one had an item, and we deceided that would be split among those who where there.

Here's a picture for you to see how the madness goes:
    PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-18 20-50-22.jpg

I'll make a more detailed log of all the hunts later this week.
    See you in the pit today! :dead::borg::happy:

• Like Like x 1
  4. mastergerund

mastergerund Member

Thanks, Ardorj! I had a great time even if I did only catch the ending. Would love to participate next time, or in any spontaneous hunts.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Kosh

Kosh Member

Nice event. Was fun with the Huons yesterday.

Keep up the good work :)
    :battleroar::battleroar::battleroar:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. San

San Well-Known Member

Thank you, had a great time, even though ped and connection issues didn't let me use it to the fullest. Looking forward to the next installment :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Ardorj

Well then, here's a small story about my own Mêlée all the Way! 2017 experience. I've had a great time, and want to thank and each and everyone of you who made this happen!
    I want to point out my mêlée-blog (see sig below) to you, If you want to stare at numbers and calculations. If you want pictures, both globals and mid-fighting, then you are at the right place here.

17-feb-2017 at 20:00 for Bokol & Nusul
    I started a small hour earlier to announce the MatW! in Ark.chat and local chats of Celeste Quarry and Outpost. By the time it was 20:00 (European time, not MA-time) there was quite some crowd gathered at Celeste Outpost with mêlée hunters and those who wanted to try it out. The team was full, and still there were some more who wanted to join. So San and the Rats, three friends of mine, dropped-out to allow three beginners a place in.
    We were ready to get going, after I gave a free MANTA K-TT (L) to about three quarters of the team. The Nusuls around Celeste were going down fast enough, and we changed the location to the Event Area south-east of Refinery for some Bokol/ Nusul combination. There the knives broke, and those who didn't had a replacement left the team, San and the Rats joined along with some other (new) mêlée-hunters.
    Some mobs later, all were going down pretty fast, we changed location a second time for some mid-level to top-level Nusul hunting south-west of Machinery. And there the fun came to an end.
    Weapon: MANTA K-TT (L)
    Armour:
    None
    Special loot: Melee Trauma Amplifier II (L)
    Return: 90,2%
    PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-17 20-32-10.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-17 20-32-27.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-17 20-35-33.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-17 20-40-9.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-17 21-37-35.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-17 21-54-31.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-17 22-27-6.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-17 22-30-31.jpg

18-feb-2017 at 16:45 for Oro
    I wanted to start at 15:00 for the next stage, and this time with a minimum of 28dmg/sec. Alass, there weren't many people online, or at least not those who wanted to hunt with me using that dmg-output or higher. So I lowered the minimum to 20dmg/sec, but still nothing. Then I got a PM from one who also joined last night to ask if she could come with a TT-blade. I thought some is better then none, and off we went for some small Oroos with our TT-knives. It was a small hunt in many ways.
    Weapon: MANTA K-TT (L)
    Armour:
    None
    Special loot: None
    Return: 60,2%
    PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-18 16-50-4.jpg

18-feb-2017 at 19:15 for Kadra
    After the Oro-hunt and a quick dinner, I took my new club in my hands and wanted to hunt some Kadraas. It was the first time for me to use that weapon, and in fact I've very little experience with clubs, so I ate a little pill to that gave me 30% skillgains for the next 5 hours. The skills and proffession-levels were flying by, so that was cool! Also, I had it almost maxed-out at the beginning and more then enough at the end.
    Not long into this hunt I got a call though, and when I came back the other two had left as well.
    Weapon: Castorian Combat Mace Mk. I + Melee Trauma Amplifier VI
    Armour:
    Viceroy, Skullcandy
    Special loot: Piron PLP-27 (L)
    Return: 75,6%
    PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-18 19-23-11.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-18 19-24-44.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-18 19-35-3.jpg

Next up: Oweko, but that's for another post!

8. Ardorj

18-feb-2017 at 20:10 for Oweko
    For the next hunt the team got together again, one who was with me on the Kadraas was still there. Now we went for some lightly-agressive small Owekoos. I always have soft spot for them, even though I very rarely hunt them on my own. The loot was nothing to shabby, but in the end of this MatW!-17 it was above average.
    Note to myself: I think I can take on down solo, plus they give Clubs-reward at Stage 4.
    Armour: Shogun
    Special loot: Scott & Barlow BP-16 (L)
    Return: 83,0%
    PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-18 20-26-31.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-18 20-50-22.jpg

18-feb-2017 at 21:50 for Wombana
    Hurray for the Wombana wich gave us the first Global! Woo to me, for just at that moment adding a new mêlée-hunter to the team to get nothing at all in that all-stacks-global!
    During the Wombanaas a Monk came to join our team, but not as a fighter, but as a free healer. Thanks again for all the heals mister!
    Weapon: Castorian Combat Mace Mk. I + Melee Trauma Amplifier I
    Armour: None
    Return: 91,0%
    Wombana 004.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-18 21-57-11.jpg

18-feb-2017 at 22:55 for Navi
    An hour later we stayed in the Underground some more and rode/ flew to the Outpost of the small Navies. This mob is another of my weak spots that I don't hunt all that often, to be honest. The first MatW! edition these Navies were the end of my 24 Hours, and a splendid one at that too. Now, not quite so, although we did managed to get one little Global.
    Special loot: Piron PLP-27 (L)
    Return: 78,0%
    Navi 011.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-18 21-57-11.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-18 22-57-7.jpg

19-feb-2017 at 00:55 for Togolossi
    Apparently there was another event going on in the Underground, but we didn't mind that and went our own way. Talking about going somewhere, after we deceided to go to the Togolossies, one made the mistake of taking out his heli and making me the pilot. I can't fly lol! I made the mistake myself to try to fly all the way from the Navies to the Togolossi-TP. Some others of the team were there alread and couldn't wait and started chopping down some of them. This resulted in one of my most shamefull Global-pictures ... at the pilotseat!
    Although they weren't quite holding the Globals back, they took the loot for themselves. This is one of the worst hunts, results-wise, of this MatW!-edition. In terms of fun, excitement, and as a good closure of the second day it succeeded.
    Armour: Viceroy, Skullcandy
    Special loot: Piron PBP-42 (L)
    Return: 63,5%
    2017-02-19 -- Togolossi Mature 62 PED .jpg Togolossi 009.jpg Togolossi 010.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 0-56-52.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 1-1-57.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 1-23-9.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 1-25-21.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 1-32-27.jpg

Next post for the first hunts of sunday!

9. Ardorj

19-feb-2017 at 13:35 for Hadraada
    I started this day, thinking I would be hunting with the big swords all day long, but that was not to happen. Like saturday, sunday midday started with lower damage-dealing weapons. I grabbed a MAKO FAL-TT (L) to match that of the other one or two hunters of the team at the time. More joined later, yet I keept that TT-sword myself. If I would have switched to something slightly better, say the Ozpyn-knife I have and often use as a finisher, I would have gotten a better share of the final Global, propably. But oké, what happened, happened, nothing to it.
    Personally Hadraada have quite often been good for me. I am at almost 97% return after starting my mêlée-blog, for wich I've killed 5,1k and enough more for 71,0k killpoints. For this MatW! they are also my best mob. The only on wich I've made a profit, whoohoo! ... I will treasure that 1,14 PED, lol!
    Weapon: MAKO FAL-TT (L
    Return: 102,9%
    Hadraada 151.jpg Hadraada 152.jpg Hadraada 153.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 13-41-31.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 13-52-16.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 14-4-44.jpg

19-feb-2017 at 15:35 for Madana
    We felt strong at this point and went to hunt done some of the smaller predators. I don't know anymore why I thought it was a good idea to put on any armour at all, since I've hunted them solo naked the end of last year to finish Stage 2, but I did. And it protected me too much to let only 1,0dmg through. They had eaten quite some hunters before us, because we found plenty of weapons. No mêlée-type unfortuatly, nor was it enough to grant us a little profit. Nice run none-the-less. And unknown at that time, that was also the last time I've looted any item myself (all the items noted at 'special loot' are from what I loot myself, not what is looted by the team).
    Weapon: Lokabhu Electrifier Sword + Melee Trauma Amplifier IV
    Armour: Gremlin
    Special loot: Scott & Barlow LP-13 (L)
    Return: 84,6%
    Madana 008.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 15-43-21.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 15-45-45.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 15-56-3.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 16-19-9.jpg

19-feb-2017 at 16:50 for Zadul
    Next we went for the strongest Zaduls, hoping for some better change. But that didn't happen, or anything else besides bad loot for that matter.
    Weapon: Lokabhu Electrifier Sword + Melee Trauma Amplifier IV
    Armour: Musca Adjusted
    Return: 70,3%
    PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 17-18-0.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 17-31-58.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 17-38-4.jpg

19-feb-2017 at 19:10 for Oratan
    After a good dinner-break we were all geared-up once more. San suggested the Oratan (Prospectors), because they often loot good. You didn't suggested this to get a help in the daily mission, did you mate? ;)
    We killed some of the Prospectors, and also went to pillage in the Oratan Village near Implacable Firebase. After the Oratan Lancer came to try and convice us to leave them alone, we did. Not because he was too powerfull for us, but because his loot was too weak for us.
    Weapon: Khorum Ice Dagger + Melee Trauma Amplifier I
    Return: 67,4%
    PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 19-15-35.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 19-24-53.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 19-37-32.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 19-40-46.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 19-49-20.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 20-5-18.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 20-7-56.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 20-8-46.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 20-17-28.jpg

Next, and last post, of the closing hunts on the Huons!

10. Ardorj

19-feb-2017 at 20:30 for Huon
    This was the last hunt, the most bad-ass, fantastic, greatest hunt of them all. I've spend more on the Huons, then I did on 2/3rd of the other eleven hunts combined! It's almost 3,7 times more then the number two, wich were the Navies.
    We scored seven Globals, that is almost half of the total Globals of this MatW! It did not help me to even so much as breaking even, yet I've loved it through and through. The first Global I miss by the way, because Tracker replaced that file when the last Global happened to be of the same value *grumble*.
    I hope you guys like pictures of the hunts, because I've made fifteen of the Huon-hunting.
    Weapon: Dehera Immolation Sword + Melee Trauma Amplifier VI
    Armour: Viceroy, Skullcandy
    Return: 88,3%
    Huon 020.jpg Huon 021.jpg Huon 022.jpg Huon 023.jpg Huon 024.jpg Huon 025.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 20-34-40.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 20-53-0.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 21-11-53.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 21-13-40.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 21-31-1.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 21-35-28.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 21-45-50.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 21-57-28.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 21-58-44.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 22-7-48.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 22-33-58.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 22-36-18.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 22-42-3.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 22-45-36.jpg PRINT SCREEN 2017-02-19 23-1-28.jpg

Let me close by saying, once again, that I am grateful for all the other mêlée-hunters who joined me in my little event! I couldn't have done it without you guys!

Is there nothing bad (or something that can be better) to say about the MatW!? Sure there is.
    1. Again this time I've heard a few shots being fired. Those trespassers are forgiven.
    2. I am not quite happy with the way items were shared. I've made a post on Caly-forum on my thoughts about that, with good replies that I can work on. So next time there's a good change that it will be different then what it is now.
    3. Saturday with a minimum dmg/sec of 28 did not work. It looked to me more like midday for the small weapons, evening for the big toys. So next time it might be something like one part with TT-blades, another up to Philo, and then with all you can handle.

Now, some might wonder when the next will be. I can say three things about that:
    1. In january or february 2018 for sure. Roughly the same way.
    2. I am thinking about bringing the MatW! to Calypso as well (I've said it so many times already, that I will promise here and now that it will be on Calypso). That will be somewhere end of summer or beginning of autumn.
    3. Propably I'll do some MatW! just on the fly when I feel like going for something big in a team of like-minded crazy mêlée peole.

Loves,
    Ardorj :droid::mad::cat::battleroar::blackalien::smuggrin::wink:

• Like Like x 1
  11. San

San Well-Known Member

No, the highest maturities are beyond the mission stages for the Dropship reward and even further from my stage so they don't count. I believe I mentioned that ;) Sorry they didn't keep it up with the loot.

12. Lazz

Lazz Active Member

As usual exelent summary m8, thx for the fun :)