1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max possible loot same on condition as quantity?

Discussion in 'Crafting' started by jellyfish, Dec 18, 2011.

1. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

well, the topic pretty much says it all. i want to know if its possible to get ubers with the slider on full quantity, or it has to be full condition.

i.e. you can get a 10k hof on jester d1 with slider set to full condition, is this also possible on full quantity? (with alot less chance of that happening ofcourse)

i have gotten investment x 10k on hunting (400-something on cauda puny.. lol) and mining, but never on crafting, so just a bit curious :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

well i have gotten a 10k multiplier on crafting now ^^

but my question remains unanswered :/

3. Manny

Manny Member

Till you get an answer...

Gratz!

4. TimUnleashed

TimUnleashed Forum Official Pro Users

I'm not certain (I doubt anyone can be unless they know the grand loot theory of Entropia?) but it has always looked to me like what you're asking is definitely possible, just far less likely. So you could in theory get a 10k hof on jester d1, just far less likely. I suppose in some way the more you put into failing, the more there is to pay you out when you succeed... (but now I'm bordering dangerously on superstitious loot pool theory, and that ain't me :D).

5. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

I believe the generally accepted policy and/or procedure is to "Pray to Lootius"....

In all seriousness though, +rep to Jelly as its an excellent question. I look forward to reading peoples theories on this.

6. KMax

KMax Well-Known Member Pro Users

I have been trying to track my crafting based on condition setting and I do get more residues back when slider is more towards quality on average. I only slide till the craft success bar is just leaving the bend on the up side. I also get more product back for components and textures when doing quality as well I think it is odd because I'd expect components and textures to make more using quantity but all I see is more successes less failures and near successes it has nothing to do with quantity. These are just my tracking results though they are no where factoids to follow just what I have personally tracked. ie. comp run of Basic Aux Sockets, same amount of oil and lyst, Quantity vs Quality with 78% QR BP, I end with 1-1.5 PED more profit doing Quality, ran 10 runs to test and every run was in that range. Ran same on Generic Leather and found similar results couple tests were less but average was still positive for Quality runs.

I have been taking my bp's that have 75%+ QR and cranking towards Quality even on comps and textures and seems to be working good for me. I do Quantity for bp's less then 75% and for items just use the extra residues I get from my Quality cranking to supplement.

I wish I had more PED to do more testing but I am sticking with my test run results for what I do in crafting, by no means am I a good crafter and have tested my results hundreds of times so take this data lightly.

7. jellyfish

jellyfish Member

thanks manny and snape! :D

i also brought up the question on planetcalypsoforum (pardon my foul language) but it doesn't seem like anyone there can provide any answers that would convince me that it is or isn't.

oh well... :D

*edit*
    looking at the ATH-screenshots i couldn't find any 10k multiplier crafting hofs that were on full quantity. then again i didn't dig too deep into it ^^

8. Manny

Manny Member

Thing is you shouldn't just look at ATH, but big HOFs with 10k multipliers on lower cost BP's.

Just because you know what a multiplier is and how it works in EU, doesn't mean most people do.