1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crafting Manufacturing Terminal does not show any blueprints

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by MaxHecWalker, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxHecWalker

MaxHecWalker Active Member

Not sure if this is Ark only issue, or if it should be for MA???

The Manufacturing Terminal does not show any of my blueprints at all.
    It's 3 tabs are click-able.

PRINT SCREEN 2015-06-21 14-3-22.jpg
    PRINT SCREEN 2015-06-21 14-42-37.jpg

Troubleshooting steps I've taken but made no difference: (In no particular order)
    Checked filter tab, the three drop downs say any, and nothing in text field.
    Changed graphics mode, tried all from highest to low & then safe.
    Put Arkadian blueprint books in carried inventory, & carried 1 blueprint loosely in inventory.
    Bought Nanocubes
    Logged out, closed client loader, shut down PC, turned on PC then restarted EU.
    Changed graphics & sound in options to default settings.
    Switched from Windowed mode to Full Screen.
    Changed client loader settings to disable streaming audio, closed loader, & restarted.
    Cleared shader cache in client loader, closed loader, & restarted.
    Used Repair in client loader, but found nothing.
    Teleported to other terminals around Arkadia.
    PRINT SCREEN 2015-06-21 14-45-41.jpg

Asked in chats if ppl had problem like this but no one seems to have encountered this before.

The other current problems I've seen since VU:
    - Sounds often missing, except wind & teleporter's Whir-hum, that most/all of Arkadia is experiencing.
    - 5 items from next island trade terminal are showing up as red X with no information but do appear in items listed at account.entropiauniverse.com as "Name" followed by a number. But MA already responded that they are aware of issues with those NI items and are looking into that...

2. Lightz

Lightz Active Member

I've encountered this issue a few times, but it usually rectified itself after a minute or two. Never had it vanish for a prolonged period of time.

3. coz1969

coz1969 Member

Depends how long you waited after opening the craft terminal. I've had that happen before during bad lag, and yes, I got frustrated. But keep the window open for a minute or three, see if it helps by leaving the craft terminal open for a long while...

I've had this happen in storage, as well, and had to leave storage open for a good few minutes for everything to appear.

4. MaxHecWalker

ty both for responding.
    Yesterday I've left the construction window open while I made supper and we ate, so about an hour.
    Came back and still blank. :(
    Several times I've left it up for 5 minutes or more while I did other things and still blank.
    This has gone on for 2 days now, but I'll log in tonight and check again.

5. MaxHecWalker

left crafting terminal window open 15 minutes while I chatted, still blank today :(

6. MaxHecWalker

tried something very different, just dumped all blueprints and books into pitbull and spawned it at steadfast fb.
    Kept 4 basic ark bps loose on my carried inventory, ran in command post and construction term showed all 4....
    Since noticed the top 1/3rd of the index is blank in the Toulan book.

7. MaxHecWalker

Not the toulan book.

It's those damn 5 NI TT items appearing as a red x!!! :thumbsdown:

NI 2015-06-20 11-38-13 _Post VU TT Items mia.jpg

They appear in inventory as a red X with no value, image, or description. (image above shows value page of one)
    All 5 are from a Next Island Trade Terminal before VU.
    Logging into entropiauniverse.com shows these items as follows, I put the real name after each one.

Name[505:22003] 3.00 PED = NI TT Laser Pistol
    Name[505:22004] 4.00 PED = NI TT Laser Rifle
    Name[505:22007] 0.10 PED = NI TT Finder
    Name[505:22008] 3.00 PED = NI TT Excavator
    Name[505:22009] 2.00 PED = NI TT Refiner

If anyone else has a problem send the support ticket to MA. :mad:

Summary: If those NI TT items are in my inventory or my planet storage then Manufacturing Terminal will never show me BP's! For the time being I'll put in vehicle and spawn it before crafting but what a pita!!!

8. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

The red X is often on random items after a VU. It is mosly a MA problem. About the blank blueprint screens, did you have your blueprints on you when you opened the crafting terminal window?

9. MaxHecWalker

It is those red X items that cause the blank Crafting Terminal screen.

What I stated above in brief was: carried or not, in books or loose, no bp would show up.
    And Yes it's MA's problem.

So how do I know?
    I spent a lot of time, pretty much every day since VU, diagnosing this issue by using the slow process of elimination.
    Yesterday someone suggested dropping all my BP's somewhere no one could find them.
    But as we all know any new BP's can not be placed on the ground, since they are worth less then 0.01pec.
    (Yes new BP's show 0.01 TT value but either it's wrong, or that's another bug for MA...)
    (Books and storage containers can not be placed on ground if they contain anything, ie. BP's.)

As everyone knows any BP's in a spawned vehicle's inventory will not show up in crafting terminal.
    It just happens that I dragged the Explorer MK1 along with my storage containers (colourful Ark vases) into Pitbull's inventory.
    So I would drag groups of Books (& later vases of BP's) into my carried inventory run over to CT and I could craft what I carried.
    Put them into storage terminal and could still craft them.
    I kept running to pitbull and dragging books out until all that was left was the Explorer...

I put explorer into my carried inventory and ran to CT and not surprisingly it came up blank.
    So I returned to pitbull & dragged those 5 red X items in pitbull, returned to CT and it worked.
    Retrieved pitbull and CT is blank again, placed red X items in planet storage and CT still blank.
    Placed red X items in explorer and spawned it, returned to CT and it worked.

Therefore those 5 red X items (purchased from Next Island TT pre-VU) are the cause of the blank CT screen.
    These 5 items have no description, value, picture, nothing at all.
    They can not be sold back to TT, and can not be placed on ground.

I wasn't going to write all this, but hope it helps anyone with same problem in the future to find out the cause of their grief faster.

10. MaxHecWalker

MA has fixed the NI items in latest patch.
    Noticed these TT items MU button is gone, & TT items can not be put in auction (a good thing). But can still place on ground.
    Anyways to avoid any potential future problems with these items... I TT'd them & got my peds back. ;)

Mods please close this thread. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.