1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manhunt Event for Newcomers!!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Cymonika, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Cymonika

Cymonika Member

Newcomer Manhunt Event!

What is it?

I plan this to be an ongoing event for new players of Arkadia to earn a little ped to help get them off on the right track.

I will donate 10% of my return amount after hunting and mining trips and keep hold of it (this includes any Globals or Hofs). This is not a great deal of money as I'm no uber player but I know myself, every ped helps as a new player.

To give you an idea of the amount I'm talking about here lets say I go on 5 runs a day.
    After every run I will put 10% of the TT value into a 'pot' in my storage. Usually I make a minimum of 20ped so 5 time 10% equals to 20ped (this is an average some days could be more but some could be less).

How do I get involved?

Okay so you know what your playing for; now your wondering how you get your hands on the ped...

Firstly I would like to make known that this only applies to forum members as the event itself is only advertised here. (see below on how I propose to make this fair to the majority who are currently not forum members).

Okay so here's what it's about...

1. I will enter a 'Keyword' in this thread. This keyword is vital so remember it! This keyword could change without notice so keep check here.
    2. All you have to do now is find me On-Planet. I will not be hiding, I will be simply going about on my normal buissiness, mining and selling and hanging out at places. My avatar is called 'Ikwasho'.
    3. Once you have found me all you need to do is introduce yourself to me and tell me the keyword.

(Note. I am wearing a grey skirt and a blue jumper. I will post a picture in the future.)

If you are the first to do this and I currently have a 'pot' saved then I shall immediately give you your reward.

A Few Rules:

If nobody claims the 'pot' then it will roll over until someone does claim. If the pot reaches 25ped and nobody has claimed it then I will split this into 5 prizes and hand them out fairly to any newcomers that I find around the planet.

Any one person cannot claim twice in the same day/in a row; you can of course continue to try your luck the next day. This needs to be fair and used to help out as many starters as possible on Arkadia.

This offer only applies to new players and is an incentive to try and get people to continue playing as I know how hard it can be to get started (especially without frequent deposits). Please note before claiming the 'pot' I will scan you and try to determine whether you are in fact a new starter. If for any reason I come to believe you are not, then your chance is voided (I maintain the right to refuse you if I have any doubts whatsoever).

Okay as I mentioned vaguely above, this offer is only available to forum members as of course this is the only place you can gain access to the 'Key word'. To help with this matter I will offer any new starter I see 1ped to sign up to the forum and send me a private message, telling them of course where to find the info for this event. Upon receiving the PM I will give them the 1ped (not much I know much it's still going to encourage new starters to join the forum if there is free ped to be made in the future; not to mention the vast amounts of other helpful information available here).

Note. This is experimental at the minute and might change or stop altogether depending on whether I can sustain myself with this. If I find I can easily spare a greater % of my loots I will update this thread with the new amount.

If anyone knows a new starter or meets any I would ask you to recommend this forum and this event in their best interests, thank you.

Also any donations are not necessary but would be greatly appreciated... :cool:

Ikwasho

• Like Like x 7
  2. Cymonika

Cymonika Member

Okay the first Keyword is: Lysterium

EDIT: You need to pm me ingame, do not simply shout it in chat. Thanks...

Goodluck :)

ikwasho

EDIT:

We have our first winner: Gratz to 'Omniluck darkmuzik Omega' winning a pot of 5.40 ped!

(Small pot, mining wasn't good to me today ^^)

3. darkmuzik69

darkmuzik69 New Member

4. Cyrus

Cyrus Well-Known Member

Big gratz and + rep for this manhunt event.

5. Cymonika

Cymonika Member

Okay people day No. 2.
    Keyword: Gungnir
    EDIT: I hit a mining global so the pot has already reached 15 ped for today :)

Goodluck :)

Ikwasho

6. epelj1

epelj1 New Member

Well crap. I saw you twice yesterday, but completely missed this thread.

7. Cymonika

Cymonika Member

Well now you know... :)

Note. There were no claimers on today's 'pot' so tomorrows starts at 15 ped! Quick before it reaches 25 ped and I split and share!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cymonika

Cymonika Member

ROLL OVER: Pot now stands at 23 ped! Quick claim it before it splits!

Ikwasho

(ps. I admit I have been on less frequently the last few days, bought a macbook pro so been testing it and admiring it ^^)

9. xennox

xennox New Member

Nice event :) Can you say where are you mostly when you are online ? ty :D

10. Cymonika

Cymonika Member

Grats to Xennox for winning the latest pot!

Check back tomorrow for the latest keyword!

Ikwasho

11. Cymonika

Cymonika Member

Okay, been busy lately with getting ready for university so sorry about the infrequent wins ^^...

New Keyword: Oro

Goodluck!

Ikwasho

12. DaveFoz

DaveFoz Member

Greta Idea for a help the new player event.

+ Rep to you.

Hope you manage to get some full 25 PED pots for some one to win

13. Cymonika

Cymonika Member

Okay so my playing has been less than often these last few weeks so I will postpone the next prize for 1-2 weeks but I will come back with two full 25ped pots to get it going... (In RL I'm starting university so the moving out and stuff is abit hectic)

Ikwasho

14. Cymonika

Cymonika Member

I apologize to everyone who played this for posting this and then just dissapearing off the radar...

As I mentioned I moved away to university and since then I haven't been able to play for a number of reasons..

I will be online during the next month hopefully and will resume this if there's still the market for it (I know somebody else has took over with an interesting mix to this)

Thanks and GL to all :)

Ikwasho