1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main Trading City

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Fopsie, May 26, 2011.

1. Hyssch

Hyssch Active Member

I agree on this one. One reason for Sanctuary Cove having more action is for hunters getting revived there, using auc and storage etc.

Celester Harbor doesn't get that kind of indirect traffic based on hunting activities as Sanctuary Cove does atm.

But Celester Harbor still hasn't got those street level shops to attract visitors, so in future it's quite likely to gather more action and traffic than Sanctuary Cove and even now crafters could choose Celeste over Sanctuary for their crafting runs, but I know that if not crafting afk, it's nice to be able to chat with others that are on the same radar as You are.

So now as it is, Sanctuary Cove has more action, as Wildman said... and where the action is, that's where the traders are. But once we get the VU that brings shops to Arkadia, Celeste Harbor might attract more traffic and action and eventually traders as well...

One other thing, there's not much room to spawn those VTOL's or Quads on Sanctuary Cove. The area around TP gets crowded quite fast if more than few ships spawned at the same time. Celeste Harbor gives more room for VTOLs and Quads and there's more open space around TP than there is on Sanctuary Cove.

Also its now cheaper to land directly on planet than use SS TP with 7ped fee. When TP'ing down one can easily choose Sanctuary Cove for knowing there's more action and players there atm as it is.

When You approach Arkadia from Calypso and choose to land directly on planet, I've always got spawned above Celeste Harbor, so that gives another advantage to that TP.

But true enough, when landing on Calypso, I get spawned over Port Atlantis and still the first thing that I do if doing export/import runs is to tp to Twins :)

So I guess we'll have to wait and see where the action goes and hunters are where the mobs are where revival takes them, but traders/crafters/pilots have more leeway of choosing what they will pick as their base on Arkadia and future VU's tell where that action goes... I guess.

If I should vote now, It would be Sanctuary Cove. Lots of hunters bring lots of action/traffic and that brings traders/pilots.

If I should vote where I think it would be in the future, it would be Celeste Harbor for reasons mentioned above.

If I should vote what TP I'd like to see more traffic/action/traders/pilots etc. then it would be Miners Seclusion. I just like the overall landscape, buildings etc. surroundings of that TP.

-- Hyssch --

2. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

And this is good why?
    It's one of the things that make Twin Peaks on another planet impossible to be at for a lot of players, all these vehicles do is lagging up peoples computers unless you run a high spec pc, which a lot of people don't...

Only reason to have a vehicle spawned in these places should be for take off or landings when not in use they should be picked up, if you want to show off your vehicles please do it at some remote outpost so people wanting to trade or whatever can do it. Please don't bring that "twin peaks/PA" mentality here...

3. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

While we want people to pick their vehicles up when not in use, the contrary is usually what we see. Given that fact, Celeste has around 20 landing pads for people to use. And hopefully they will, given there aren't many convenient wide areas to land in and around Celeste.

4. Jenny ferr

Also buying Carabok, Halix and Tiarak hide/leathers at celeste south now

5. New York Rose

New York Rose Active Member

..I see Celeste Harbor is faved..But "NO"..its too pretty. I hate for it to turn into another Twins Peak ghetto.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Active Member

We on ark don't share the same mentality as on caly, so it wont become a ghetto.

I really notice a big difference in mentality when I travel between ark and caly.
    Thats one of the reasons I like ark that much and call it my home.

Regards,
    Ion

7. Jenny ferr

I agree but when I see people spamming their unused vehicles all around a tp or such and I ask them to pick it up because it cause lag for a lot of people some times I get that general FU attitude replied if they even care to reply. Sometimes like the other day at the Quarry there is god people that understands this tho, dont remember her name now but when asked she picked up her VTOL without any problems, +rep to you if you remember this.

Got a few suggestions to help with this problem tho, which I'll send to the A-Team next week when I get home and can access my documents.

8. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Active Member

Those who refuse and give the FU response are usually pilots or visiters from caly.

I noticed this myself as well.

Regards,
    Ion

9. Stagger

Stagger Member

mahaha, okay ill stop doing that now. :)
    usually when i hang around a tp and it gets too boring i fill it up with vehicles.
    thou i can see the problem people have with this in twin peaks and other crowded area's

and i must admid here, most pilots really have a bad attitude.. (*cough and visitors from caly)

anyways back on topic,
    i'll spend more time in celeste harbour from now on.
    people who feel like it should be the trading capital have to push themselfs to move there instead of sanct.