1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main Trading City

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Fopsie, May 26, 2011.

1. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

What mob is most hunted ..... Huon - yes and they are close to the trading city Sanctuary Cove

And all those that want to trade with themself can go to Celest Harbour :)

2. Yquem

Did a count of GD at
    - Celeste Harbour (0)
    - 8 Coins HQ (0)
    - Sanctuary Bay (Outside 7 - inside 3) (10)

3. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

This should change soon when the devs finishes with the newby startin area. From the design of Celest it is clear to see they intend to make it a viable trading city

4. Fopsie

Remember that its currently mostly old players with skills capable of hunting those mobs that hang around there. Arkadia is only slowly starting to get their own player base of new players and will change over time.

At this moment its way to soon to say anything about what city will come out on tops but my bet is on Celest sins the newbies will have their own "sweat camp" close to it.

5. Yquem

Is is not new bies that trades big numbers (like severel k ped each day) but more experience players - maybe there can be some low level trades with small guns there.

6. SuperKanjo

SuperKanjo Member

Yeah, you can see that in the way they designed it. It's a bit like good old Hadesheim, multiple TP's, huge buildings etc. But sadly Hadesheim wasn't that busy as it should/could be. I think it's hard to predict but i also have the feeling CH is going to be Arkadia's "main city" (and ofcourse the newbie area over there makes a lot new players go there, players that are the next community of Arkadia.

7. SuperKanjo

SuperKanjo Member

True, but the traders/sellers want to be in the most populated places imo, newbies are potentional customers.

8. bass

bass Member

LOL we do all agree that CH will/would be the best choice, but SC *is* the actual gather point now, so:

a) we decide that CH is the new gather point for everybody, and we strive to meet there from day X, maybe advertising the thing in SC, or
    b) we accept the de-facto standard

;)

9. Therred

Therred Member

I travel from city to city selling what I have... but the first city I go to is the one where I find the most buyers. As of now that is Sanctuary Cove. When there are more buyers elsewhere that is where I will go first.

It would be nice to have all noobs spawn at one place and THAT place be busy with chat/buying/selling/etc. I think it would make a HUGE impression on newcomers! That being said it is up to A-team to build CH up to seriously suit buying/selling. This may happen when shops are available. I personally think that will be the determining factor.

10. Adamas

Adamas Member

One of the reasons people dont gather at CH is b/c there is no crafting there.
    I'm a crafter/miner. When I'm done a mining run no matter what TP I end up at I TP back to SC to craft.
    Sometimes I need a small amount of material and there are other crafters there as well as traders from which I buy things.

Twin Peaks on Caly is a major trading location but if they removed the crafting machines from the service centers there would be much fewer people there.

11. Therred

Therred Member

Great point. I wasnt aware that CH was missing a crafting terminal... sounds like a mistake that may be fixed soon... gotta have you crafters around!

12. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

There is at least one crafting terminal at each terminal location at Celeste these days, so check back there Adamas and you'll find it.

It wasn't there from the start but is now, and if you dont like it feel free to craft inside and I will keep the fresh air and landscape for myself crafting :D

13. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Yeah me too Jenny :)

14. RexDameon

RexDameon Active Member Pro Users

Havn't gotten to Arkadia yet but does 8 coins not come up as first on the tp list? that to me makes a wurl of sense to have as the main place to be.

15. Fopsie

Hi Rex. from the design of 8 coins its not quite setup to handle large ammounts of traders like Celest is.

Perhaps something the Devs can look at is to add a few landmarks around Celest main TP to help traders convay their location better. For example Boxes / benches / walls ...

16. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

8 Coins is located within player controlled land area, IMHO not ideal for trading. Who wants to pay extra taxes? :p

jc

17. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Celeste Harbor has beautiful bridge, with platform and waterfall underneath, lots of standing room. :)

18. WildmanAlpha

WildmanAlpha Member

Can name it whatever you want in a forum. But when I am in game I only ever see traders at Sanctuary Cove. So why go somewhere else? Traders will show up where most the action is.

19. Puck

Puck Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

You kinda just answered your own question. Our goal is to promote CH and get action there, which will bring traders.

20. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users