1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Main Trading City

Discussion in 'General Economy Discussion' started by Fopsie, May 26, 2011.

1. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Active Member

I vote also for Celeste Harbour.

And to quote myself from my ASF post:

Celeste Harbour as a trading town for space and planet.
    CH is a big enough town to accommodate a bristling market for trading and meeting.
    The spacious set up and open terminals makes it ideal for large groups of people to do there business at CH or to just meet and socialize.
    Also in the future, shops and apartments will be located here.
    This will turn CH into a great trading town for Arkadia.

Arkadia Star Fleet HQ

As ASF HQ I propose to use the dome next to the tp in Celeste Harbour.
    It is ideal located between the teleporter and terminals and the landing docks.
    This prevents that pilots need to spawn there vehicles between the other people present.
    Also the dome is a great land marker at Celeste Harbour and is open en big enough.

All ASF volunteers who are available for duty simply report themselves at the dome.
    This creates a central point where others who wish to use the ASF services just have to go to to find ASF crew.
    This prevents that people have to spend long times to tp around places to find a pilot or service.

At the dome, Arkadians can directly buy there goods from the fleet pilots or place orders.
    Crafters and engineers can offer there services to the fleet and pilots can meet up and coordinate there flights or meet gunners and other crew they want to bring with them.

All this creates a central hub where planet business meets space business.

Regards,
    Ion

2. Lee DeLioncourt

Lee DeLioncourt Arkadian Outrider Platinum Member

Just to note, there was already a quite lengthy thread and poll done on this subject earlier HERE, which could well have been bumped to life again I guess. Search is always your friend ;) Moving this over to General Economy Discussion where that thread is.

3. James Clayton

James Clayton Member

A real city Celest, we have to grow this world and not let Celest become another Hads.

4. Calin

Calin Member

Celeste Harbor!! Let's make that beautiful city rock!

5. Yquem

Yquem Active Member Pro Users

I have been at celest - and found 0 null no people

6. nahtanos

nahtanos Member

This just means we need to make the initiative and start trading in Celeste Harbor...any traders interested in Celeste Harbor start trading there...and crafters looking to buy or hunters looking to sell check Celeste Harbor first...^_-

7. Neil

Neil Adviser Pro Users Arkadia Adviser

Must have missed me. I've been selling there today off and on.

8. Ty Williams

Ty Williams Member

Celeste Harbor Is Beautiful.. And If it was really intended to be the place for Space and Planet Trades its Absolutly a great Spot..

9. nahtanos

nahtanos Member

Found you in-game neil and bought some oil...^_- if anyone is looking to buy or sell a particular resource posting it here(or in trading thread) may bring out buyers/sellers...

10. Snape

Snape Master of the BanHammer Staff Member PAF Administrator

Guys, As Lee posted and pointed out earlier, this subject and a poll was posted before so it's not necessary to have a new one going with the exact same things. I'm going to merge the 2 and add the poll result from this one to the other poll.

*Thread merged and Poll results updated*

11. Snape

Took me some time (mainly because i forgot!) but sorted these images for you. I'll be posting a new Posting Images guide over the weekend to make things easier for everyone.

Now, back on topic.

12. Kinnison

Kinnison Active Member

I think that CH may well become the Arkadia trading city, because now it is quite easy to get the TP given to you - the mission that unlocks the intern mission gives you the CH main TP.

13. bass

bass Member

Everybody say it should, but nobody stays there for their businness :/

14. fresco

fresco Member

any city that is not surrounded by taxed land. it is unfare to rest of land owners. it is unfare to players
    also the spirit of the pioneers is not there if you surrounded by developed lands.

wild wild west pple :))))))

15. Fopsie

Fopsie Active Member Pro Users

So true. Problem is we need a shift away from Sanctuary and get the rest to follow. No use in being the only trader shouting to an empty town.

16. Foniel

Foniel New Member

Voted >> Celest Harbour !

Beautifull city, HQ of IFN and Arch. Society.
    Good place with TP on center of the city.

Just the perfect place. And that makes an utility on this city.

17. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

Keep in mind this is still a new planet, so a lot of stuff has yet to take form/shape.

Dave and crew is currently developing more related to the story line, and one major addition will be a noob area called "The Quarry" near CH. This area will be mostly populated with low level mobs for hunting and sweating.

While I see other cities being possible trading areas, but we also need to keep in mind that other then CH atm, all other cities are "player control" regions. So taxes and other changes can take place, and Planet Arkadia will have no control. So this in itself leaves CH as the best city for trading.

Just keep in mind, there are still a lot of in game functions that has yet been implemented, such as shops, rentals, etc, but they will come in due time.

BTW, I voted for SC by mistake, vote should have gone to CH.

jc

18. Snape

I have rectified this for you.

19. AttacKat

AttacKat Active Member

The CH TP is given by one of those agent-in-tent in any FB, which leads you to the Arch Soc HQ "missing interns" mission. This is not so clear-cut and for myself I had Dave showed me in person ... The A-Team is also working on making this easier to find.

Vote correction: Thank you, kind sir.

jc

20. Jenny ferr

Jenny ferr Well-Known Member Pro Users

easier to find?
    why, dont people want a little challenge these days?
    (I can say I like when things isn't presented on a platter all the time, and I know I'm not alone)

I loved what you did with placing her where you did A-Team, so please dont change her location or make "arrows" pointing to her.
    I vote to keep her where she is and let the newbs either find her on their own or communicate with other people to find out things like this.