1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magurg ANNIHILATION Finals

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by giuly_adm, Apr 6, 2014.

1. DavinFelth

DavinFelth Member

I agree With sunsout!

That was what I was confused about, what if I had a hof that was 400 points - but this negates that confusion.

2. Kiryou

Kiryou Member

I don't agree with the top 5 loots under 500 because that way this event just become a race for few people to be the 1st one to reach 5 globals/hofs close to this limits... and some people can do this very fast...

With limits, there is no chance to go over their scores for the ones who hunt on a slower scale (ie : non grinding 10h a day or more)

The effect of the oratan events or any event running on other planet during final time is known from the start of this event, and imo, this is giving more suspens on the final results

The point I can agree is just that it's bad timing that the oratan event beggins same time of our final, so I am for postponing the final period for few days ; that way, there is NO guarantee that another oratan event will run in the next 15 days (possible, but not 100% sure)

3. Fifth

Fifth Member

i'm with fluske and Taco:

4. DavinFelth

DavinFelth Member

well better decided something, the start time is soon...

5. giuly_adm

giuly_adm Member

Here the rules, determined by your suggestions and our considerations... votes was for changing, but some wasn't of the same opinion so we have special rules we hope will satisfy every partecipant.

SCORES

The final score of each partecipant is determined by the sum of the scores collected considering the following rules:

GLOBALS:

Highest 5 globals under 500 ped worth the global value in ped (380 PED global = 380 points)
    Global over 500 ped worth 5 points

HOFS:

Hofs worth 1 point, but the highest hof (1 only) under 500 ped can be used, if higher than 5th global in value, for the final score.

In others words the score is determined from the sum of the highest single 5 global under 500 PED plus the extra points (1 point for every hof, 5 points for every global over 500 ped).
    One only single hof under 500 ped can replace the lower of the 5 main globals of the finalist, if the value of the hof is higher than the lower of the 5 main globals under 500 peds collected.

Example 1 (use of 1 hof in main score):

500 ped GLOBAL = 500 points
    501 ped GLOBAL = 5 points
    450 ped GLOBAL = 450 points
    400 ped GLOBAL = 400 points
    350 ped GLOBAL = 350 points
    300 ped GLOBAL
    350 ped HOF = 1 point
    501 ped HOF = 1 point
    1000 ped HOF = 1 point
    400 ped HOF = 400 point (this hof is highest of 5th main global (300 PED) so it can be used to replace it)

Example 2 (use of only globals in main score):

500 ped GLOBAL = 500 points
    501 ped GLOBAL = 5 points
    900 ped GLOBAL = 5 points
    501 ped HOF = 1 point
    1000 ped HOF = 1 point
    380 ped HOF = 1 point (this is highest hof under 500 peds, but lower than 5th highest global (400 PED), so the 5 globals will be counted as full score, this hof count as extra 1 point)

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE LOT OF FUN FINALISTS!

6. Lenny

Lenny New User

I just wanted to post my 2 cents after reading this thread today. First i want to say i don't know the people running this event and in not speaking for them.

Some of you are just being crazy with the comments you are making about the people running this event. It is very clear this was not going as they planned and they were losing a lot of money. Obviously, they expected the daily 1k ped to draw more interest than it did. To call them frauds and get on them though is just stupid in my eyes.

This isn't some company, it is people. People that most likely have other life commitments such as their family, kids, house or whatever it may be. To be pissed at them because they decided they could not afford to continue to lose what is more likely in the thousands of dollars is just petty and selfish.

They were up front that they were ending it early do to low turnout. They were up front that the finals would be reduced due to the low number of people. Nothing was after the fact so they are in no way frauds. I sure making these changes were not easy for them and if it was clear that they were making money or even breaking even i would be on board with calling them out. It is clear that was not the case though.

I personally think you guys came up with some great ideas and a great event. Yes, you were over zealous with your expectations and did not factor in some aspect that would affect the event, but i want to thank you for taking the time to do an event that still has some great prizes (reguardless of what others may think).

7. DavinFelth

DavinFelth Member

Thanks for the updated rules, explanation and examples. It confuses me when I think about it too much, but it makes sense overall. Top five under 500 and bonus points for HOFs. I am very happy with this! I'm excited to start, thanks for the update
    and GOOD HUNTING ALL!

8. fluske

fluske Member

im confused about the starttime
    is 0.00 today or is it tomorrow ?
    i mean..did it already start or will it start at saterday 0.01 el time(which is 02.01 saterday ma time)

9. giuly_adm

giuly_adm Member

10. DavinFelth

DavinFelth Member

Where do you see EL time? Only way I know is to view the current globals.

11. dr_udi

dr_udi Member

Lots of whining in a FREE TO ENTER event. Shoot, loot and shut up..

12. Xen

Xen Member

So, basically the same, 4/5 must be globals near 500 ped, so have to hunt during oratan event.

13. laredo

laredo New Member

Why i don't include in list of final event partecipants
    DAY 19 - 01.03.2014
    Place 1) Valentin Sir Valentin Vladar 425+417+297 + (1) = 1140
    Place 2) Dr Dr Udi Udi 175+354+446 = 975
    Place 3) freak lotus one 99+107+252 = 458
    Place 4) Xendar Xen Xal 185+76+154 = 415
    Place 5) Kiril Laredo Dvinin 114+102+167 = 383

14. giuly_adm

giuly_adm Member

You have been added now, my fault you was missing, sry

15. ASHeart

ASHeart New Member

Suggested Prizes.

1st place: 15.000 PEDs
    2nd place: 10.000 PEDs
    3rd place: 5.000 PEDs

I think this is a fair prize and most participants can agree. It is far from 25k 1st prize but being cut short about half way and less than half the amount of the original prizes was unexpected. With the amount of activity for this two week final event, taxes should well cover the prizes.

16. Xen

Xen Member

See, you did it wrong, now only 3 days into the final the highest non-hof global you can get is low 300's, so there is no point trying to compete when people have entries in the 400's.

17. DavinFelth

DavinFelth Member

Can we get a score update? I'm with Xen, I'm about to quit.

18. giuly_adm

giuly_adm Member

In reply to Shadow Heart: Prizes out of 1000 ped for daily events are still more than half, 17500 for finals and 15000 for highest single and most globals prizes, so a total of 32500 instead of 50000 for 64 total days instead of 114.

In reply to Xen: Low level hof line gives access to more extra points (hof points)that will be key for the final score, and every partecipant shouldn't forget that 1 hof can be used for the main score, so a 500 PED hof wouldn't be useless to hit. I would remember that mining hofs count as hunting ones, but are way less difficult to get.

In reply to David Felth: About official scoreboard we have decided to show results only once at event end to not give any influence to the partecipants, anyway if someone is interested in others partecipants scores it is possible to use Entropia Life features for that.

19. DavinFelth

DavinFelth Member

Cool and thanks for response. I agree with that actually :)

It seems though that most people I looked at got a 400-500 ped range global the first day or two. Seems like either you got near a 500 ped global the first 2 days and you can compete, or you did not and you cant.
    You can say I can still get a 500 ped hof, but I can't get a 400 ped global anymore. If someone has 2 400 ped globals, then I dont' see how it is possible to catch them. Still seems like oratan ruined the event.

20. Jabez JAG Groove

Jabez JAG Groove New Member

I would like a scoreboard update. Time would be better spent hunting than searching through EL. A scoreboard update was supposed to happen every 2-3 days? I'm not able to look past 20 globals for a player since I dont have a paid account for EL.

If the bottom hof dont get back above 500 peds...and lets say I'm currently 100 points behind....it would take me 100 hofs to catch up. I'm thinking I'm behind more than 100 pts. So, it looks like it is no use for me to try and win this event the way it sits. I think it was not wise to have points differ for a 500 ped loot just because one was a global and one was a hof.