1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucky 13 at Event Area 2

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Erastothenes, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Erastothenes

Erastothenes Member

Hi peeps! Let's see if Friday 13th. can be a lucky day!

The event is at event area 2, and starts at MA time 17.30 on Friday, May 13th.
    Closest TP is Courageous Firebase Academy (15667, 25618) and if you go east from there you will hit the border of event area 2 at 16560/25600.

Well over 60 PED in prizes, the mobs are easy ones, Carabok, Galard, Monura's and those small Hornet's.

All of those mob's should be on the (free to enter) Arkadia Mission list for everyone, and especially those who are new Entropians.

1. Place Prize:

MarCorp Kallous-1 (L) - full TT (19.60)
    Isis LBP 1 (L) - full TT (9.25)
    Kitty pet (spawnable on all planets) no TT value
    Mei Hua Quan Pet (spawnable on all planets) no TT value. Can Greet and Dance.
    Red Heart Fireworks full TT (2.00) - gives Increased Health 2 points for 300 seconds when used.
    Sal'diresh's Vault Key 1 - full TT (1.00)
    Yellow Heart Fireworks - 2 PED
    5 PED cash

(Total 38.85 PED TT value)

2. Place Prize:

Isis LBP 1 (L) - full TT (9.25)
    Yellow Heart Fireworks - 2 PED
    5 PED cash

(Total 19.25 PED TT value)

3. Place Prize:

Piron PLP-0 (L) - full TT (1.40)
    Yellow Star Fireworks - 2 PED
    5 PED cash

(Total 8.40 PED TT value)

Only 1 single PED to enter. I made one mistake tho, meant to make it one hour - but messed up so it is 1.5 hours. BUT. With Single Highest Loot rule here, everyone's got that chance anyway - one single good mob/loot is all it takes, after all.

Going in a bit heavy (considering the level of mobs etc) in prizes (plus cost to pay for the event) I'd love to see if I can at least break even. Call it an experiment. And on that note, please do vote in the event if you join - whatever you vote, from Bad to Good, will give me a clue. Likewise Reputation vote. Love those points but if it's a mess I'l deserve the "minus". My chance to take.

Hope to see a load of people out to have a fun run on the 13th., welcome all and may Lootious see you all very clearly!

cheers, Bluetail

PS. For those new to events, here's how it works:

Right-click somewhere "clean" on your screen to get a meny, from that select System, and then Event List. This event is named "Easy Targets High Prizes Area 2". Doubble-click on that to open the window where you can register (Register button bottom right) and see details, as like the prizes.
    When you register, 1 PED will automatically be wthdrawn from your card.

When the event starts, there will be a event window showing the 10 best places at all times. There is also a dedicated event chat. You have to be in the event area for these to show.
    In this window, you can give a fellow participant a reputation point, and you can Rate the event. I really hope everyone will take the few seconds to both rate the event, and to give a rep point to someone.
    To give a reputation point, you click on the tab that says Participants, then select a name from the list (which may be several pages) and select PLUS (+). You can also select MINUS (-) if there's someone you feel deserves that, but please consider if you really have enough hate first ;-)

The event system itself works like this: I find the Event Area where I'd like to set up an event. I use the Event Terminal for that area to set the time for the event, what loot rules aply (there's also a load of other rules one can implement), and I drop the Prizes into the terminal. Then at the end I pay a fee for the whole thing - and it's done. Very easy.
    The Event System now takes care of everything, it is out of my hands. I cannot do anything to help anyone win, for example. My job now is to play host when the event is on!

Feel free to PM me ingame if you have any questions!

cheers

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  2. Erastothenes

Erastothenes Member

A bump - today is the day :)

It will be interesting to see how it goes, if I got the balance right. The cost of setting this up was a total of about 75 PED - any MU on prizes not considered.
    Will it be possible to break even?

I have suggested before that those who use the event-areas should be able to set a mining/hunting tax for the duration of a event. I think this could help inspire more people to make events. As it is now, most events in the event areas seems to be "charities", running with loss. It is very good that people makes events for new players free or almost free to join, I applaud the generosity and initiative. Made a few of those myself as well.
    But still it would be nice if it was generally possible to make events, specially on smaller mobs, without loss. Perhaps even with some small profit for the trouble.

Good luck today!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Erastothenes

Erastothenes Member

Thank you all who registered for the event. It was streamed live by Raven Valicur and Ben Coyote, and Raven had some free giveaways as well! Big thanks for helping out, assisting people, and making the whole event more fun!

During the event, a very few people seemed to keep the top 3 or 4 positions almost from the first minute. Just like we often see in Most Loot rules rather than Single Highest Loot. Several participants commented on this. I double checked that the rules said Single Loot, and others verified this.

Also, at the very end I got a message from Trash Bags, who told me he got the Second Place Prize - BUT Queen Queen-Bee was the one listed in the event window as the taker of 2. place.

Both things a tad strange, so last night after the event I sent a ticket to MA support, I hope they will check it out.

I don't think I have ever been in a event where the system has been bugged - but things can happen. I will post here what MA comes back to me with.

cheers, eras