1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lizzy Storm's Logbook

Discussion in 'Other Fiction' started by Lizzy, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Michael

Michael Member

Gratz :) That is an awesome pic ! The one with you and the sword is cool to ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  2. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Thank you Aakas god!

Date ; Arpil 17th, 3012
    Location ; Arkadia Desert

So, back on Arkadia and back to grinding. First thing I did was store Roger, because he still has not reached level 7 yet. It's a very slow progress and I think this bunny is not very smart...

Aakas rewarded me with a little gift and that enabled me to hunt some Dromia again. I'm so close to finishing stage 5 now.

2015-04-17 -- Ubo 11 PED .jpg

Returns were good on Dromia, and I did another run in Aakas... I need almost 20 more runs until I have gotten rid of my Aakas 1 keys. *sigh* Yes, it's some heavy farming but I will get it done one day.

I almost forgot it was time that I'd do my IFN daily mission. To my surprise I was able to move up one rank already!

Lance Corporal.png

Yay me! After doing the mission that followed, I found another Exploration Guide with a very questionable attire.

nekkid.png

I think the IFN needs to do something about it. It is unacceptable that the IFN let their exploration guides wear half an armor set and parade around in their knickers. Like seriously, if they'd come across a Yuka, doing the sexy dance will not scare them away! It will just aggravate them.

End of log,
    Lizzy Storm.

PS : I found a lovely song for Paul and his unlucky streak.

• Like Like x 2
    • Gratz! Gratz! x 2
  3. fredzepp

fredzepp Active Member

:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Conquerer of all! (puny’s)

Date; May 1st, 3012
    Location; Arkadia Underground

I have been terribly busy the last few weeks. I have worked really hard, (read: farmed), to finish the last two puny missions I still had left. Arkadian Hornet and Dromia.

Arkadia Hornet Conquerer.png Dromia.png

That on top of the Carabok, Gallard, Monura Male and Monura Female mission that I have completed before. And I know for sure, I will also finish the Rakta and Yarrijak mission very soon.

I must say, they were not that hard to hunt, I think these new Scott & Barlow weapons improved my aim, I have truly almost zero problems aiming my gun at the creature and shoot it perfectly. It is a true shame they are by nature good evaders.

There were also other things that took my attention away from these hunts. One of them is Aakas. Once they were deemed safe again by the IFN, I started a quest to run them. A lot. I intend to one day run a few Golden Doors to find glorious treasure. I have even started sweating because of it, 250 sweat daily is my limit, and it’s just enough to stop me from going crazy.

But I have crafted so many keys, that I cannot run them all on my own. So I decided to sell a few here and there to friends. If you can’t use it, sell it, right?

Back to farming it is for me! Aakas here I come!

End of log,
    Lizzy Storm.

• Gratz! Gratz! x 2
  5. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Aakas Glory!

Date; May 1st, 3012
    Location; Aakas

So, some know I'm a tad nuts. Some think I have gone full retard.

Here's the deal, I want to farm all Aakas, collect all the materials for 25 (!) Golden Key crafts. Yeah, I admit, it's kind of insane.

But there is a good side to all of this, I swear!

ESI.png good loot mini boss.png

Look, nice ESI and some chips to skill with. And a few globals are always welcomed too.

2015-04-17 -- Ubo 11 PED .jpg 2015-04-24 -- Arkadian Key 1 78 PED .png 2015-04-26 -- Ubo 10 PED .png

So whoever says that running Aakas is not worth it, is wrong in my eyes. And soon, very soon I hope, I will be able to run them even faster when I get Roger back from his Calypso daycare.

End of log,
    Lizzy Storm

• Like Like x 1
    • Gratz! Gratz! x 1
  6. fredzepp

fredzepp Active Member

Yay, some nice loots there. Just as well as you'll need all that ped to pay for your psychiatrist :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Because, time.

Date ; May 25th, 3012.
    Location ; Victorious Firebase.

Because, time. Yes, so little time. So many mobs, so little recipe's... wait, that another topic I won't cover today.

Because, lurkers. Yes, many people are lurkers, don't want to read a wall of text. So here it is, some epic music and my globals from the first of may till the 24th of may. Enjoy.

*Oh noes, something went wrong and the video is no longer available... I'm sorry!*

End of log,
    Lizzy Storm.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  8. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Open letter to MA

Date : 27th of May, 3012

Dear MindArk,

I have been a member of the community for 4 years now, last two as Lizzy Storm. However, we need to reevaluate our relationship due to the fact that no matter what I do, all I got to show for in our friendship are skills, but a continiously empty pedcard.

Yes, your balancing team have been doing a terrible job at keeping me happy. Matter of fact, I have gotten to the point that I would only want to do an hour or so trading a day and thinking about collecting ad many deeds I can get my hands on. That, while doing as little depositing as possible, probably even not depositing at all.

I have missed the days where you could get a good hof. Like 10k on Atrox would hit every week. Now, having killed over 3k Bokol on max maturity I find it horrible to see that my highest global was 288, and my average losses per run were around 200, doing my best to play eco with limited weaponry.

I love my pets, but with no matter what I do is an instant black hole for ped, I have left My Nigel, Bob and Roger in my storage, hoping to release them back into the wild some day.

My pawnable hunting gear is already on the auction, and my only prospects of hunting are down the drain. Maybe I wager a few peds on Jori's, but that idea already bores me because I know I am capable of so much more.

Also, this situation I am in is also resulting me to miss the Oratan hunt this weekend, unabe for me to celebrate Arkadia's 4th year into colonisation.

So what is it that I ask of you? Nothing. I don't want your "Please stay and depo" hof like many other people have gotten. I don't want your sympathy, I don't want your apology. What I want is that the returns will improve for those that are as unlucky as me. Balance things so people actually get their desired 90% returns at the least. Or maybe, hire a new balancing team.

The past 3k peds that lasted me about a week offered me about 30 gun drops, if not more, that are unsellable because no one wants them. 30 Guns that I looted and can't sell. Yes, I believe someone made an oopsie there dropping so many items where the old 130% mu has been lost on as it may as well be better to TT them.

End of Log, end of rant.
    Lizzy Storm

9. San

San Well-Known Member

It has gotten better for me after my own rant. Less globals, but better balance. Since I use my tool I have the numbers to prove. That this doesn't appear to be the case across the board gives a booster to theories MA kept denying, when they ever communicated at all. But I also haven't recovered enough to get any chance at making a dent in the birthday bash. I'll wish you and everybody a great time from across space as soon as I catch my ride. Cheers and good luck!

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  10. xo TRAP ox

xo TRAP ox Member

Hi Lizzy, I agree totally with you, it seems that I cannot profit at all hunting. I usually get a decent run every 6-8 runs and the new guns and attachments implemented really are not that great and popular. I been goin to other planets to try my luck. Currently having some fun on RT. Hopefully it gets better for you and everyone else.:biggrin2:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

I think my pet is sick...

Date ; June 25th, 3012
    Location ; Celeste Outpost, Pet Stable.

So, MindArk, out mother corporation decided after 12,5 years that they wanted to give something back to the community... for a small fee. We now got strongboxes, quickly dubbed boxes by the community, that we can buy and we can receive a ton of different goodies.

We can get rings, very nice - especially if the rare ones weren't so rare after all.
    We can get pills, some are very nice and can help anyone improve temporarily.
    And then we have pets.

It is very, very nice that we can get new pets in the Entropia Universe and don't have to go home to Earth to relish the unconditional love of an animal.

I got a Kitty in a box. Wait, that sounds wrong. I got a Kitty out of a box.

Now, there is a little issue with my Kitty, who I instantly fell in love with. He is sick.

Sick Kitty.png
    They could at least try to take good care of the living creatures during the transport of those boxes!

I want to demand a refund, but the help center for anything related to the services from MindArk can be a bit slow. Now, I accept donations for Nutriobars in hope extra food for my Kitty will make him feel a lot better. I don't mind him getting fat, but OMG you guys (!) don't send sick pets into the universe!

Good news, after months of rest Bob, Nigel and Roger now got a new friend to play with. When Kitty is healthy again, I don't want this condition to blow over to my other pets.

End of log,
    Lizzy Storm

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Calypso Summer Job

Date ; July 5th, 3012
    Location ; Calypso, Cape Corinth.

I have chosen to leave my beloved Arkadia to do a summer job on Calypso. And yes, I love Arkadia with most of my heart, but the truth is, I arrived first at Calypso. And these next two month give or take, will be the time for Calypso summer jobs. Mine specifically will be healing hunters quelling the migrating creatures that are rampaging all over Calypso.

Good news is, I got two job today. First was working for my good friend Lobo. We once shared a very nice HOF in Arkadia Underground, and today, (we) he had 2 globals celebrating his new and good excuse to hunt on Calypso!

2015-07-05 -- Longtooth Stalker 185 PED .png 2015-07-05 -- Longtooth Stalker 317 PED .png

After that I healed Whining Skeptic, hunting the same Longtooth at Cape Corinth.

2015-07-05 -- Longtooth Stalker 179 PED .png

But then... Lobo pulled something out of his pocket that made my head turn. I heard rumors about this, but did not think it to be true.

He named his pet Lizzy.

Lizzy.png
    I can't be mad. That is one amazing looking Arret, and I'm sure she is being taken care of very well.

End of log, break is over and I got to go to work again.

Lizzy Storm.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  13. WhiningSkeptic

WhiningSkeptic Active Member

That... Might be the first screenshot of me where I'm not whining.

Get a new fap ready for tomorrow, I've heard Eomons are on the way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jod

Jod Well-Known Member

Just re-reading this and I do feel your pain....
    almost 9yrs playing
    230k natural skills 80% hunting
    My highest hunting loot to date......3.1k back in '07
    Highest since..........1.4k back in '09

but for some reason we keep trying......:facepalm2:

15. San

San Well-Known Member

No need to apologize for where we come from. Good luck!
    ...and keep and keep and keep...

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Calypso Memories

Date ; July 9th, 3012
    Location ; Calypso, Cape Corinth.

So yes, I said in my last log entry that I initially landed on Planet Calypso when I traveled from the Milky Way to the Entropia Universe star system. In the second month I went for a visit on Planet Arkadia, because many people told me that it was the place to be for new colonists, and I fell in love with it.

During my first year in the Entropia Universe I went back and forth a lot. Doing a few things here on Arkadia, and then going to Calypso to do some other things. Below is a recording of one of the things I did on Planet Calypso in March 3011.

I was there with Moondog, a friend I made at Atlas Haven Radio, and Eli. I cannot remember how I met Eli, probably through friends. He recently told me that it still is one of the funniest and best hunts he ever had.

Through a series of trials and tribulations, Eli is now known as Lars. There is no doubt in my mind that all Arkadian residents know who that is. It is the man with a star above his head. A helping hand, with his heart in the right place for the community.

Friends come and go, some friends are there for a day, some others for a decade or a lifetime. This is a memory I wanted to share. Eli, as I met him, is still on my friends list today. And he will not be removed. It is a memory.

Eli.png

I wanted to write this post because I have many, many fond memories in this game. And these memories weight more than the negativity some activities, trolls or scammers can give you grief for. I wanted to make people think about their own fond memories, and press that friendships on Earth can mean just as mush as friendships in the Entropia Universe. (But honestly, never forget your friends back on planet Earth.)

I also wanted to let people know that some of the staff at the IFN HQ were like you and me. Exploring the universe and eventually finding a home on their favorite planet. Becoming more than just a colonist. Becoming a part of the universe. These people never stopped dreaming, no matter how big or small. Daily these men (and women!) work to give you the best they can within the limits of the universe, and I am thankful for that. I have nerdraged a lot, wondering what the hell I was doing, but not often did I stop to think about the positives.

Summer is here, the sun is shining and there are a ton of activities around the Universe. Keep thinking positive, and when times get rough, turn to your friends. Or adopt a nusul.

End of log,
    Lizzy Storm.

Bonus video about fallout 4. (Love the opening speech.)

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
  17. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

Improved open letter to MA.

Date ; July 13th, 3012
    Location ; Arkadia.

Dear MindArk,

You know me, I think we have a strong love-hate relationship like I have with my two cats, I love you with all my heart but sometimes I want to slap you silly. (No animals (cats) have been hurt during the making of this letter.)

First of all, the team of drones you have recruited for your loot balancing team are outdated and their code should be upgraded. It is truly appalling that Planet Calypso haves a nice drop now and then, but an UNL Herman every so often on Planet Arkadia is too much for them. I know they are taking orders from their makers, but their maker should remember the three laws of robotics. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics) And yes, I feel harmed, because of all the work I did for Calypso and the IFN resulted in me dusting off my VSE and joining the ever growing hordes of OJ’s sweating Kerberos or Nusul.

Back, way back, in the day there was some lore. Remember that lore? Currently the story line for Calypso looks like this:

So, the good news is that you stopped buying castles! I applaud you for that. I know that crazy cat lady in your office had big plans for it, something-something-cat-farm. Also I see you trying to recruit more soldiers to join the ongoing battles against the alien creatures in the Entropia Universe. That is nice, if it weren’t for the fact that the majority of these alien parts do not have any proper MarkUp for the soldiers to live off. Resulting in an everlasting circle of “deposit-hunt-loss”. Remember they have mouths to feed back on the ever declining Planet Earth™.

I wonder if it’s me, and not you in our relationship. I don’t want it to be me, I don’t want to feel bad. I don’t want to call you out on all the things I don’t like about you and be branded the b*tch who called you out on it. I like to be around you but COME ON! Can’t we just go out sometimes and have you pay the bill? I come home too often and see my wallet is raided because you wanted something.

So, maybe we have to re-evaluate our relationship. Or, maybe only you should. I will not break up with you, but some things will have to change. Like bugs in the system, or responding to requests or notes from the players. Specifically the MindArk-community relationship that seems to be declining year by year. This day, we all know Ulf, the kind little elf responding to all the support tickets, but is secretly swearing like a sailor in MA HQ because of all the soldiers who are either inadequate for EU duty, or those that can only communicate in caps-lock or a f*ck every other word.

With that said, I hope I have not made you feel bad. I just wanted to let off some steam. Break the boring cycle of trading and sweating.

Lots of Love,
    Lizzy Storm.

PS: Most company’s take the liberty to respond to such an open letter in the most hilarious ways, I expect you to take that tradition in consideration upon responding to this letter.
    PSS: I was bored so I felt like writing this new version of my open letter, but that doesn't mean it's not at the least 50% serious.
    PSSS: It's also posted on PCF, because I don't think MA really dares to venture a lot on these forums.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Zrodian

Zrodian Member

Entire thread has been one hell of a read!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Lizzy

Lizzy Deactivated User

I'm back B*TCHES!

Date ; February 8th, 3013
    Location ; Arkadia, N/W of Mamba Digsite.

After an Earthly break minding my own business and some business that is classified, I am back on Arkadia.

SO MUCH has changed! I returned and I felt like all the information about Planet Arkadia that I knew is partly wrong, changed or just forgotten! This time however, I'm back with a new mindset;

No more crafting.
    No more mining.

YES to more farming, killing, slaying, slashing, gutting, piercing, shooting, exploding Bokols.
    It is still one of my favorite creatures to hunt, and luckily they seem to have forgotten all about me because they are anything but afraid of me.

Will update on my status later, not it's time to do some important killing!

FOR THE GLORY OF THE IFN!

End of log,
    Lizzy Storm.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. fredzepp

fredzepp Active Member

WB Lizzy, happy hunting :battleroar:

• Friendly Friendly x 1