1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's discuss the other side of this.

Discussion in 'About Planet Arkadia' started by Mutant Atrax Stalker, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Mutant Atrax Stalker

Mutant Atrax Stalker Active Member

Thanks for clarifying Granny. I know that there's a lot of drama out there and mostly the only threads ( that I see) are the spats and personal fights so, if you're not spending a lot of time in space it can be hard to keep track of.

On topic I also believe that this is a bit bungled (they've announced planet exit is a bug) but I wish they would be a lot more straightforward with their intentions.

As regards to squashing off-planet drama, that's going to need some re-consideration, I personally think. Nobody wants a forum that's 100% packed with name-calling and catfights. But when you make a move to further integrate literal fighting between players and loss of money closer into your core game I also think that you need to make some allowance for the ensuing drama. Especially since it's highly likely to affect other, largely random players.

Recognizing who the players are, knowing what it means if you see "nebula virus" on a player, these things have been irrelevant to a lot of players since the beginning. The pirates have been begging for this and I'm surprised to see it but here we are.

I'd love to praise them for moving in a bold new direction and have a discussion about how this can evolve things. But it's too hard right now everyone is angry and the hopeful don't want to hear that the whole thing won't be patched up just like FOMA for the next release.

I want them (Arkadian Dev/Officials) to talk about this. I really do. I hope they would talk about it before they change it because with the rumors going around TBH I want to know if the next phase of this is a fix towards target, or a move towards capitulation.

Because TBH they might do that. But as long as they're quiet, it's nothing but hate and anger so if they're trying to guage community feelings on this issue, they've really screwed it up.

100% knee-jerk emotional bias when you surprise someone like this the by far most common reaction is "Hey, put that BACK".

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Mutant Atrax Stalker

First sorry if this looks like a double post it's been some time and I just noticed this in the post prior to the one I responded to:

Personal experience and I haven't seen any public policy on this but have been compensated by MA for loot lost in this situation.

My guess (they never clarified) is that I got caught coming up when caly safe zone was very busy and got spawned in PVP due to too many players on the server. I'm not piracy savvy enough to know if it was a random catch or if all over-limit players were being spawned to the same, known and camped coordinates. I was dead and looted before I loaded space.

I filed a support ticket to report the spawn into PVP space, not because I expected compensation. I proceeded to forget about it. Some weeks/months later I got a message in my in-game message center, and there was my (almost) 250 ped for me in the compensation tab.

Every player who got looted leaving the actual planet of Arkadia in what is now announced as a platform error should be creating a support ticket with what information you have about the event. In this case it's a massive known bug and that means 2 things.

1) If you didn't get looted I doubt it's worth reporting. They don't need the troubleshooting data for this mistake and I don't think they'd compensate 1 kill worth of S.I.

Maybe they would of course file a ticket any time you're upset lol.

2) If you got looted you should report it. They made a mistake and it cost you time and money. They literally do owe you compensation this isn't the normal consensual entry into PVP zones.

I'm not encouraging people to brigade support or rip them a new one or anything. If you went more than once (especially if you lost actual loot more than once) I'm sure that's completely on you. But if you went to space expecting the planet to function as normal and got looted in the current trap ...

Have some patience. I'm sure they've got their fingers crossed that the majority of players just got hurt a little and will bitch then move on. I'm not sure how many months it will take them to sort out whatever number of requests received. But I am sure they will be receiving requests, and I suspect that many of those requests will be honored in the end.

Please encourage them to do the requisite work of making this right by standing up if you were involved. Quickly sweeping it under the rug only makes it more likely that this sort of mistake will continue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Louise Ranavolana Brooks

Louise Ranavolana Brooks Active Member

He was attacking & looting me long before I ever attacked him granny. You even said it "Varyag Crew"
    And yes you are bringing drama into this, you always do.

I think it will come down to what people see & find out for themselves and my angry posts or your sanctimonious utterances will or should have no effect at all on their decisions.

Over & Out

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Mutant Atrax Stalker

:angel:

Thanks for everyone who clued me in on some of this history here in PMs and etc...

Judgement on Morgoth and Bas is held until we meet (or meet again).

Factions are great but I think that at some point you have to limit your >personal< attacks to the person involved.

And granny gives a pretty 'neutral' sounding explanation considering her obvious involvement (with the faction but not the issue at hand).

I love the dirty laundry but I'm on task so let's keep it clean over here and I don't think she was trying to throw fuel on the fire.

What I'm specifically saying here is please don't make me feel like I got her baited out :facepalm3:

Still no one really wants to discuss on topic I'm going to maybe try that from a different angle.

Also in ancient Arkadia Forum news Can we get together a poll or something to bring back the PVP forum? Years of absence and that one is still stinging, ironically the very topic that brings me back.

Aye there was once a specific place here for this. It pretty much got blown up. Looks like plenty of people are still hungry for it.

EDIT: If I recall correctly, the real problem wasn't pirates and such being pirates and such as much as it turned out to be otherwise good people trying to rip each others eyes out.

And also a lack of moderator hours. (no popcorn emoticon?)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  5. Mutant Atrax Stalker

6. Louise Ranavolana Brooks

Louise Ranavolana Brooks Active Member

Spot on Atrax, it would be good to bring back PvP - it would be a safety valve I think but it would depend on the moderation to work properly.
    Actually I do not like disliking people - and in some cases ( but not in others) I feel my dislike has been unwarranted & unfair.

Sometimes just being able to talk about things bluntly but honestly is good.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Mutant Atrax Stalker

Indeed it is. Especially in a place where it's easy to get caught up in a moment, and carried away.

You can't even "agree to disagree" if you can't discuss the issue at hand.

8. coz1969

coz1969 Member

It's been quite some time since I have actually been in game, let alone been to Arkadia. When I read that the Ark moon was in game, I thought, hmmm, good a time as any to check into EU again.

Needless to say, my enthusiasm was quickly quashed when I read about the issues regarding being immediately thrust into PvP upon leaving either Planet Arkadia or the Arkadia moon.

While it seems the former is a bug that will be rectified, here are my thoughts on the latter:

I haven't got any use for pirates. During past encounters, I generally just stopped moving, told them to hurry up and get it over with so I could continue my journey. That being said, pirates do present some sort of challenge when travelling in space, which, at times, can be fun. Heck, one time, I had a pirate on my tail from the space station to the planet (I was not carrying loot). I decided to try my skills as some fancy flying, and managed to make it to the planet atmosphere with 3 SI remaining on my quad. TBH, it was exhilarating, but not something I want to try all the time, yanno?

The main problem I have with the moon is the fact that there is one spawn point, and you get spit out into PvP, as risk of being obliterated before you can even see space. Yes, some computers render space quickly, but I'm just going to generalize here.

I don't have a problem with the lack of ability to TP down to the planet. However, if that ability is taken away, then there MUST be some sort of safe zone surrounding the moon so that the player can determine their entry point into PvP. Pirates cannot camp the entirety of the moon if the player determines where they enter PvP. Sure, they can camp the spot where players spawn in a "safe zone" from the moon, but fly about in the safe zone for long enough, and they will get bored and look for another target. In creating a safe zone, there is a challenge involved for both the pirate and the non-pirate space traveler. Without a safe zone, and with ships spawning in the same location into PvP, there is no challenge because it's basically the equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel.

Either create a safe zone surrounding the moon, or create a system where a ship leaving the moon spawns at a random location around the moon, with a 'safe bubble' until the ship moves a certain distance. In my opinion, without something like this implemented, the Arkadia moon is destined to fail before it even has a chance to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 5