1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Latest buzz - Important Changes June 16th

Discussion in 'Entropia Universe' started by Jenny ferr, Jun 16, 2011.

1. endy

endy Active Member Pro Users

I will believe it's all working out, when I see significant amount of new players in the game.
    At the moment, there is not enough people to fill in Arkadia & Calypso, not to mention space.

2. Mister Goober

Mister Goober Member

BIG QUESTION, historically colonies have survived and thrived despite having to pay greater prices for their necessities to be shipped to them, this has been possible because they have had unique products of ther own that were greatly desired by their mother countries. eg. cotton, coffee, silk (or slaves and opium). the question is where are Arkadias unique products? We are going to need resources that are of high value to other planets to enable two-way shipping. As far as I know we do not have these resources yet...

3. Therred

Therred Member

Fantastic post! You make a great point and it is to everyones benefit that we have that unique resource not least of all MA and A-team.

4. zealousquiche

zealousquiche Member

That's a very good point and I have to wonder if that's been even thought of by MA or the planet design teams. Right now it seems all our stuffs are equivalents of the other planets, just with different looks and names. Maybe we'll see some unique to planet items arrive shortly. That would be nice!

5. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

We really need MU report that allows filter by planet. Else it is meaningless.

6. Larkin

Larkin Platinum Member Staff Member PAF Senior Mod Platinum Member

YES. We need this.

7. Raven Lunchbox

Raven Lunchbox Adviser Arkadia Adviser

all I have to say about this is

COOL

8. Smoerble

Smoerble Active Member Pro Users

a) you can already select to see only Arkadia (or any planet) offers and orders.
    b) People already ship resources and items between planets. It's not worth the effort until the new planets have as many players as Calypso (which is not the case currently).

So right now players ask firends/soc mates to bring stuff and it all works fine already.

9. KikkiJikki

KikkiJikki Well-Known Member Pro Users

Thinking about this more, while I am fine with needing to go to a planet to collect my purchased items, I am disappointed that I cant bid from afar. Right now I have a few items I have bought on Calypso waiting for me to pick up when I am next there. In future, if I can't participate in an auction unless I am on planet then I will need to stay on planet for at least a week or be prepared to pay BO prices on everything.

That kinda sucks.

Even as a potential interplanetary trader this is a bit sucky. It's going to be tough to trade profitably if you have to pay BO on everything. I guess you have the option for p2p trading so those with good connections will do ok.

KikkiJikki

10. strangelove

strangelove Member

Except I get no belk, melchi and very little narc and blaus, which are all staples of MY economy. I am self sufficient on both planets but Caly offers the most options for me at this time. Ark auction is down to 152 pages now from 260 at the peak so it's lost about 40% if you go by auction pages.

I never paid the interplanetary auction fees (except maybe once for a bp I wanted...a 1 ped fee) and don't know anyone that did. If we can't bid on other auctions, I hope they are filtered out unless we choose to view them. I am not a big fan of having to select the Ark filter when I am on Ark every time I open up auction.

There might be some good crafting opportunities in supplying space explorers or hunters on Ark with the unique minerals available on Ark...or I might just scurry back to the safety of Caly. I hope Ark makes it. The one thing I am sure of is that the pilots will make space travel miserable...but I could be wrong and I hope I am.