1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Land Plots - Planet Arkadia

Discussion in 'Planet Arkadia News' started by Dylan | Arkadia, May 5, 2017.

1. Sokolade

Sokolade Active Member

Make Planet Arkadia a dynamic, innovative and caring community of long-term dedicated players.

Provide outstanding gaming experiences and creative challenges in both an individual and cooperative setting. To encourage and inspire our players to become active participants in an ever-changing virtual world.

Just a bump!
    Have a wonderful day all!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sokolade

Sokolade Active Member

Bring This Up!

3. DannyO

DannyO Member

Thank you for the fun times.....

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  4. Sokolade

Sokolade Active Member

3+ months since the last “i will update soon”

Bump!

5. Dylan | Arkadia

Dylan | Arkadia Administrator Staff Member PAF Administrator Planet Arkadia Official

Attention Land Plot winners

We are humbly apologize for the delay in communication and the release of the land plots you have won. We are working close together with Mindark to get them released as soon as possible but unfortunately there have been unforeseen compatibility issues that Mindark is looking into and solving for us.

We wish to release a stable and interactive system as soon as possible but we cannot rush it as developers from both sides are working to get them in game.

Please be advised that we will update this thread as soon as we have information regarding this matter.

6. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Active Member Pro Users

What is interactive system? :dummy1:

7. DannyO

DannyO Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. San

San Well-Known Member

But you knew they didn't exist, and you knew MA's track record of choosing priorities in ths regard. Why do people keep competing for or buying castles in the sky? It's not fraud, it's grabbing people by their own greed. Works every time. (I.m.o. the compet deed payouts which were announced a certain time but never came are much more a case of fraud. Borderline at least. And the screwing over stable investors... evil. Here you have a case of PP devs acting in good faith, but falling into the same trap.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. DannyO

DannyO Member

10. San

San Well-Known Member

Did you even read the original event announcement? Or anything said by officials in adjacent threads?

11. Sokolade

Sokolade Active Member

You mean those 3 posts saying - “we are working vlose with MA to resolve this issue”?

This is pathetic. As far as i know there is no land plots even designed and proposed to MA. Something that should have been done 1 year ago!

It is a very very poor business practice. I know Dylan and David has other companies to work and spend time at but please solve this issue first!!!!

12. DannyO

DannyO Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. DannyO

DannyO Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. San

San Well-Known Member

It seems I really need to apologize. It was somehow firmly in my mind that the land plots were nothing but a future promise from the get-go and wanted to dig up the evidence just now, but found you're right indeed unless I missed something again. It may be because I'm biased and do find it painful to blame the Arkadia team. But something is sadly amiss.

The original announcement: http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/gold-rush-2016-genesis-event-1-7.13829/
    with no hint that they aren't even developed yet.

After the first round, announcement of the winners: http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/gold-rush-2017-genesis-event-1-7-results.13852/
    with no hint that they aren't even developed yet.

After the final round: http://arkadiaforum.com/threads/land-plots-planet-arkadia.14152/
    is the first statement I could find where it is mentioned that development is only beginning in the future. Er, it is THIS VERY thread...

Please, guys. I like this planet. Don't make me lose confidence.

(Phew, had to edit several times. Hope it is correct now. Sorry for the slurry of emails.)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  15. DannyO

DannyO Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Heidi Stassinopolis

Heidi Stassinopolis Active Member

How much is this compensation figure you have in mind?

I just wonder, because obviously you will have some idea of what the event cost you overall, or maybe you broke even? or came out ahead?

I can see how it's annoying etc but I think you have basically boxed Dylan into an impossible place where whatever he said now would not satisfy you.

I'm just saying this to see how you would actually like it resolved to your satisfaction now, after the event, assuming the land plots will not be available for some undefined amount of time.

17. Haruto Rat

Haruto Rat Active Member

"They never claimed land plots existed. But then, they never claimed land plots did not exist. Circumstances being what they were, neither admission could be of any benefit. Silence, though, could."
    (with apologies to late Roger Zelazny)

On a more serious note, in the original announcement land plots are notoriously missing from 'prize item statistics' section. That alone should have been a sufficient reason to double-check before competing.

edit: I also notice the original announcement says simply 'Small Land Plot' etc. without referencing planet, thus theoretically allowing to settle the matter by giving the winners Calypso land plots.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  18. DannyO

DannyO Member

19. DannyO

DannyO Member

20. the Prophet

the Prophet Active Member

i bet my bony butt something will happen while its still 2017. prophet (L) on condition, one click... :2pec: